Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.  (Read 13159 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:20:52 pm »

“Those who play with the devil’s toys,
Will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.”
-Buckminster Fuller.

Hello. My name, is Commander Bradford. I am the commander of the X-COM Project, and your commander in the field. You have been chosen as you are our best and brightest soldiers out of the various nations that have combined their assets to institute this project. As you may know, over the last few days there have been multiple extraterrestrial attacks on our cities. We are earths last and only hope. If we fall, the Earth will fall. Good luck soldiers.

Now, for real, welcome to X-COM, the fusion of oldcom and newcom and my own insanity on the forums. Before I go into character sheets and how to play and such, let me explain how this is different from a standard game of oldcom or newcom. The game will lean heavily towards newcom, due to its streamlined nature(computing time units for all of you would be a pain in the ass.) So, think of this as a game of newcom with a few differences.

Combat will be handled like Newcom. Your aim-their cover, defense, smoke grenades, etc. makes your chance to hit. We will have “Damage roulette” to make it interesting. So, say Grunt 1 with an aim 70 fires at a sectoid in low cover.
(70-20=50 Roll 67=Hit, Damage roll 1d5=4=Kill!) Grunt one nails the sectoid in the chest with a small shower of bullets, causing it to fall over, dead.

Aliens are much smarter. Since a human will always be controlling them, they will be much, much, smarter.

Multiple missions at the same time. But, since I am not superhuman, and don’t want to dedicate my whole life to this game, I’m looking at you Bay12. If you don’t feel like playing, then you can make a mission for this game, or even multiple. Simply PM me, and I will send you a map template and the rules for making the map. You make the map, send it to me. I’ll look it over, maybe suggest a few changes if they are needed. If it passes my approval, you get to take over one of the mission threads and run your mission. Obviously, a few restrictions apply. You can’t run a “story mission”, or terror mission(I want to reserve that horror for myself :) )and I reserve the right to reject any mission you submit.

There will also be a lot of other differences, but, I won't spoil them for now. Most of the base management details and research/engineering will be revealed after the first mission.

On a final note, this will be a fairly serious game. Keep it that way.

Character creation! The first 5 get to go on the first mission! In addition, if you don't want to be a solider, I will have engineer, scientist, and even interceptor pilot sheets after the first mission.

Spoiler: Solider Sheet (click to show/hide)

So, with that, I wish you luck soldiers. I know you will need it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:33:52 pm by werty892 »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The X-COM Project:For real this time.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:33:28 pm »

Name: Mark
Appearance: Mark is a tan and scarred Aussie with a leather hat that he likes to wear on top of his helmet on duty and on his head while off duty. He is well muscled with some rough stubble on his face parted by a scar on left of his jaw from shrapnel.
Bio: Mark has been serving in the Australian Army for a total of 5 years and has survived injury's from shrapnel and explosive devices. he has been trained in explosive defusing and CQC Often being the back up defuse in case of combat causality's. He was after aliens attacked his squad and the Sapper's they were accompanying. Causality's were High but the Mark was alright and poached from the army afterwards along with a squad mate or two.
Speaking Color:"I'm Green Mate"
Aim:50
Will:30
Health:5+1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:13:56 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:41:47 pm »

Spoiler: Anastasiya Smirnova (click to show/hide)
Basing this off of my best and favorite soldier from my first XCOM game. RIP, Socks. Bio to be added later.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:48:15 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 09:42:16 pm »

By story mission, do you mean like the council missions, or as in something that would have an actual plottyness effeectivenes something or another? And if the first, does that mean unconventional objectives are not allowed at all?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:43:55 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:46:42 pm »

In again.

Name : Phillip Brown
Age : 18 ( He's a Brit. Extremely childish behavior and arrogance are a given. )
Bio : Phillip is a Brit who was given a polite choice between this or a prison cell.
Speaking color : Blue
Aim : 65
Will : 35
Health : 4+1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:59:12 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 09:52:26 pm »

(( Do we choose which kind of soldier we become? Or will it be random? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:53:59 pm »

Spoiler: Apollo Devicus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:56:04 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 09:59:41 pm »

((I hope the former. Socks being a sniper would be...odd.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 10:05:24 pm »

(( I'll trade you, my team always included 3 snipers I love snipers in this. Especially in combo with a shotgunner. ))
Caine's law.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »

Name : Alexis Kitty
Bio : Alexis was a battlefield medic and was amongst the first responders after the first alien attack. She helped clear away the dead and saw what was left of them and now she wants revenge.
Speaking color : Red
Aim : 75
Will : 25
Health : 4+1

Will this include mech troopers?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:10:58 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »

(( I'll trade you, my team always included 3 snipers I love snipers in this. Especially in combo with a shotgunner. ))
((Like Socks. Although she upgraded to a scatter laser once I got one.))
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 10:10:11 pm »

(( Thats just a shotgun that makes pretty lights :p. Perfect you charge into the enemy I shoot anybody who tries to flank you. Or to be more precise. You get shot a lot and I don't :p. ))
Caine's law.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 10:14:44 pm »

Hnng double post
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:21:30 pm by werty892 »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 10:15:11 pm »

((Socks and Mark Shotgun buddies :P))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 10:16:53 pm »

By story mission, do you mean like the council missions, or as in something that would have an actual plottyness effeectivenes something or another? And if the first, does that mean unconventional objectives are not allowed at all?
Story missions as in missions required to continue the plot. So like the Alien base assault in the game. So council missions are fine.
Yes, you get to choose.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:20:07 pm by werty892 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12