Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.  (Read 13191 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-COM Project:For real this time.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 09:04:02 am »

And yes, this includes the DLC. So gene mods and mechs.
Also EW?

It's not really X-Com without a Maxclone or six, is it?
Maxclone?

And to clarify upon the "Reasonable" thing in the subplots, they can't be "X-COM finds a super rock that gives them all superpowers and now aliens are attacking them so they can steal their eye lasers or something" Just keep it balanced.
Aw, no psionics.

Also, will research/weapons be limited to what the XCOM games have, or can we come up with new things to research/weapons to requisition? Electrolasers or flamethrowers or stuff?
On that note, what kinds of new material can we add to our missions? New weapons/aliens? New potential research options? What?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 09:20:44 am »

Maxclone?
Yep. I do this in pretty much every XCOM LP. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 09:24:06 am »

Maxclone?
I'm confused. What, exactly, is a maxclone?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 09:29:46 am »

Maxclone?
I'm confused. What, exactly, is a maxclone?
A clone of fighter pilot Max Greene, as per DARPA cloning project 010d-5601USj, which was an attempt to make high-reflex super soldiers (which is why they chose a fighter pilot.) The project was stopped in its infancy, because the cloning project was not 100% successful. The clones are surly, angry, unstable, and cause lots of collateral damage with high explosives. There are six clones, labelled I-VI, all having been foisted on the XCOM project to be used one at a time, as they will attempt to kill one another if exposed to other Maxclones.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 09:38:14 am »

((Questions:
Is a non-military background acceptable? (E.g. law enforcement, private security, paramilitary organizations...)
Is the whole world in the X-COM project? (I.e. can characters be and missions be received from countries besides the ones in the games?)
Will this be a silly slapstick or serious-as-death game, or something else?
If a character dies, is the player allowed to get a new one?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 09:49:35 am »

And yes, this includes the DLC. So gene mods and mechs.
Also EW?

Maxclone?

And to clarify upon the "Reasonable" thing in the subplots, they can't be "X-COM finds a super rock that gives them all superpowers and now aliens are attacking them so they can steal their eye lasers or something" Just keep it balanced.
Aw, no psionics.

Also, will research/weapons be limited to what the XCOM games have, or can we come up with new things to research/weapons to requisition? Electrolasers or flamethrowers or stuff?
On that note, what kinds of new material can we add to our missions? New weapons/aliens? New potential research options? What?
1. Enemy within is the DLC with mechs and gene mods. So, yes.

2.Psionics will be in the game. I was just saying, no magic eye lasers or stuff like that.

3. Research will be abstraed somewhat. I'll talk more about this after, but you will have a lot more freedom in weaponry and engineering. If you want to add something not already in the game, then just shoot me a PM. I'll see if it's OK based on a case by case basis.
((Questions:
Is a non-military background acceptable? (E.g. law enforcement, private security, paramilitary organizations...)
Is the whole world in the X-COM project? (I.e. can characters be and missions be received from countries besides the ones in the games?)
Will this be a silly slapstick or serious-as-death game, or something else?
If a character dies, is the player allowed to get a new one?))

1. Yes, but you have to have some fighting experience. You can't be a random Joe. 
2. Characters and missions can be from anywhere. The countries that are not directly funding the project are still contributing soilders and still being attacked. Only that funding countries in the game matter for panic however. If there is a attack on a non-funder, the panic affects the closest funder.
3. Mostly serious with dark humor.
4. Yes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 10:06:47 am »

What about psionic eye-lasers?

And I'll PM you some ideas when I formalize them. And have time.
Sig

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 10:36:03 am »

In.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Adjusted the stats due to recommendation of the GM. The poor aim would have made good fluff, though, and a point-blank shot from a flanking position gives a massive bonus anyway.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:05:21 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 10:44:46 am »

Just a note to all you guys with very bad aim. The modifier for low cover is a flat -20 to aim. Full cover is -40. So, in case you want to adjust your sheets. Your stats will go up as you rank up, but, on early missions you're not going to have a fun time. Also, range will affect your aim too.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 10:49:41 am »

I'm good then got amongst the highest aim here.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:32 am »

People with above 40 will be fine. Everyone else might want to reconsider their point allocation.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2014, 11:06:37 am »

Does high ground still give a bonus?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 11:08:23 am »

Does high ground still give a bonus?
Yes.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 11:22:44 am »

Sweet, I need the gene mod from thin men that lets me jump onto roofs then.
Caine's law.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 11:31:52 am »

Name: Sgt-at-Arms Karl Willimas
Appearance: Stubbly, shaven headed. Dark eyes, weathered skin. 5ft 10, broad shouldered and stocky.
Bio:Karl signed up to the Royal Marines as a 20 yr old in the aftermath of the 9/11 hysteria. Drifitng through school never really being challenged or stimulated, he ended up almost falling into a Maths degree which he dropped out of after a few months to try his hand at a simpler and more disciplined life. After a few run ins with authority in basic training, he started to shine when the rifles were first handed out. Quickly identifed as a potential sniper, he was fast tracked into sniper school, performing strongly in all assessments. First deployed in the invasion of Afghanistan, Karl played a role in a number of signifigant combat events in Helmand province, and as a sniper often found himself spending lonley hours overlooking combat zones. His battalion was rotated out of Afghanistan to support the US-led invasion of Iraq, and again Karl saw plenty of combat, finding himself attached to SAS units deep behind enemy lines early in the conflict. Following this, he was asked to take over sniper training for the SAS, which was a solid if boring job, and when the chance came to prove himself to be one of the best that humanity has to offer, Karl jumped at the chance. He is one of the best of the best, and stone cold under pressure, but as a sniper is not used to the close quarters rough stuff.
Speaking Color:Red please
Aim: 80
Will: 20
Health: Default: 4+1
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:40:44 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12