Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ZOOT Suit Riot: Dieselpunk in the Jazz Age. Resuming on March 29th.  (Read 2373 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: ZOOT Suit Riot: Dieselpunk in the Jazz Age. Power's back, and so is this.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 10:05:31 am »

"And furthermore, are those mechanized suits really the best way to kidnap someone? A bit...obvious, if you ask me. And these specs look...off..."
((Eyeballing, the weight of the Suit is about what you might expect from a 12-foot-tall human. Assume that half of it is solid steel and half is empty space; this should be pretty generous, on the whole, since there are lighter components but much less than half should be empty space. Steel is about eight times as dense as water, which is what makes up the human body, so the suit should probably be at least a few times heavier.))

Armament: Sledgehammer, Harpoon Boomstick, Repair Kit.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:34:53 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 10:23:29 am »

GWG, you only have 1 back slot.
Equipment: Harpoon, buzzsaw.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 10:34:55 am »

...Why does the Harpoon take a Back Slot?

Changed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 11:09:39 pm »

...Why does the Harpoon take a Back Slot?
((Because of the great big tank of pressurized air that launches it.))

((Eyeballing, the weight of the Suit is about what you might expect from a 12-foot-tall human. Assume that half of it is solid steel and half is empty space; this should be pretty generous, on the whole, since there are lighter components but much less than half should be empty space. Steel is about eight times as dense as water, which is what makes up the human body, so the suit should probably be at least a few times heavier.))
((Yeah, I'm not much one for eyeballing weights. I'll triple it.))

"And furthermore, are those mechanized suits really the best way to kidnap someone? A bit...obvious, if you ask me. And these specs look...off..."
"Well, if you were kidnapping anyone else, I'd probably agree with you. But Betty's the daughter of a big-time diesel baron who know's he's got enemies, and I'm willing to bet a year's salary that her daddy's invested in some big-time protection to keep her safe. As obvious as you may be, you'll want these suits for safety's sake. And really, the stealthy approach here would involve kidnapping the girl, somehow managing to keep anyone from finding her for a few days while you're at sea, and finally getting her off the ship without anyone realizing that you have her. If you use the ZOOTs, then all that you have to do is grab her, take out her guards, tell the captain to turn the ship around, and gesture menacingly at the passengers to keep them from doing anything crazy while you wait to get back. Granted, that's easier said than done, but it's definitely the easier option."

John listens to the man, nodding at times, and thinking to himself-
well Johnny old boy, you knew something was up here. Of course it's gonna be illegal.

He then asks-
"So, exactly how are we supposed to find one person on a ship of 3,000? And know what they look like? There's a lot of small places for a child to hide on a ship that size."
"Don't worry, I've got a photograph of her for you to go on, although really you should be able to spot her from her entourage. Just look for a few heavily-armed gigantic metal suits towering over a little girl"
Wallace wipes some of the grease from his hand onto a washcloth before reaching into a pocket of his coat and producing a small photograph of a bored-looking girl. She looks to be around ten or eleven, with a slight build, a round face, big brown eyes, and brown hair down to her shoulders.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12:25 am »

"Just look for a few heavily-armed gigantic metal suits towering over a little girl"
((Sadly, a joke about anime would be horribly anachronistic.))
Sig

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:00 am »

"Just look for a few heavily-armed gigantic metal suits towering over a little girl"
((Sadly, a joke about anime would be horribly anachronistic.))
((I'd be more inclined to think Big Daddies from Bioshock.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 09:58:21 am »

((Also works, but even more anachronistic.))
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 09:39:00 pm »

"My, isn't she just a darling little one. Hopefully we're kidnapping her for good reasons, not terrible ones."
Spoiler: Loadout (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 10:26:39 pm »

Carl nods. "Not that we have much choice, eh," he notes flatly.
Sig

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 11:14:02 pm »

Wallace gives Clara and Carl a reassuring grin.

"Don't worry. If the negotiations go well, we'll just be able to give Betty back and save both Dyzelin and Pellantina a good deal of money in the long run. And if her father's the sort of heartless bastard who won't pay for her return, then we've probably done her a lot of good by taking her away from him."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 11:27:49 pm »

((I'll take the first of the Waitlist. Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner? :c))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 04:48:42 am »

Stinger and Flamethrower. We ain't messing around.

---

'Not a whole lot of subtlety in this plan. How much civilian collateral damage is okay in your books, chief?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 08:24:18 pm »

"The only subtle bit's gonna be when we smuggle the suits and gear into the cargo hold of the ship, and Lukas already has someone on that. As for collateral damage, try and keep it to a minimum, but don't let that stop you from grabbing Betty."

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 11:11:05 pm »

((Classic Wwolin, wondering what's taking people so long to post and then realizing that they've actually all posted...))

Wallace collects your catalogs and looks through them, making a few hasty scribbles on them before handing them to the secretary, who nods and exits through a small door in the back of the room.
"Alrighty then, so in a couple of minutes you'll all be taking an airship from here to Seattle, and from there you'll be using these tickets to board the Ginormous."
Wallace hands each of you a first-class ticket, with the name conveniently smudged so as to be illegible.
"Once you're on board, your suits and gear will be waiting for you in the cargo hold. How you do everything else is up to you, so long as you succeed in bringing Betty safely to us. Now, if you'll all follow me, I'll take you to the airship."
You all follow Wallace up a rusty ladder onto the roof, where a clunky-looking airplane is waiting for you. It looks sort of like a tractor, with a massive engine in the front powering a pair of equally large propellers in the back, and a pair of stumpy wings serving more for balance than to generate lift.
"So, there's a funny story about this thing. You see, when I got it, it only had enough room in it to hold one person, and it had one of those fancy new jet engines, about twice the size of the diesel engine in the front, on the back of it. Unfortunately, I had to take that bit out to fit a bit of seating in, so it's a bit slower than it should be, but it should still be fast enough to get you to Seattle before the Ginormous is set to leave. Just be sure to strap yourself in real tight, because it tends to get a bit shaky back there when things get moving."
With that, Wallace slides open a panel on the side of the plane, revealing a cramped compartment with five seats inside of it, before climbing up into the cockpit atop the plane.

((Feel free to talk amongst yourselves; you'll arrive in Seattle tomorrow. Partially to provide a chance for you all to interact, but mostly because I need to sleep right now.))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: ZOOT Suit Riot: Dieselpunk in the Jazz Age. First Mission Begins Tomorrow
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 12:26:09 am »

Although Wallace said that the plane should be slower than it's actually meant to go, it's still obscenely fast, plastering the five of you to your seats through the entire course of the flight. When the plane finally comes to a stop, Wallace opens the compartment again and helps you all to your feet, laughing and saying something that your speed-shaken brains can't make out. Still a bit unsteady on your feet, the five of you are half-led half-dragged into a long line of people waiting in front of a ship so large that it can only be the Ginormous. Slowly but steadily, the line advances as your heads clear, until you're standing directly in front of the ship, which is easily two-hundred feet tall and so long that it practically walls off half of the harbor.

"Your tickets, please."

A bored-looking man standing between the five of you and the ship stretches out one of his hands, while using the other to hold a cheap cigar to his mouth.

"Your tickets. Now. Other people have gotta get on this boat too, you know."

And so begins mission one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3