Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ZOOT Suit Riot: Dieselpunk in the Jazz Age. Resuming on March 29th.  (Read 2367 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

ZOOT Suit Riot

Spoiler: The Setting (click to show/hide)

Today's just not your lucky day. Sometime in the middle of last night, one of the fuel lines to your house sprung a leak, leaving you unable to brew your coffee in the morning. As a result, you went to work tired, and somewhere along the line fell asleep on the job. Your boss wasn't too pleased about this, and fired you on the spot, ranting and raving about how you endangered the entire company. Then, still low on sleep, you went home and tried to turn on your stove, which ignited the fuel that had been leaking and burned everything that you owned to the ground. Now, bundled up in a blanket underneath a bridge, a damp piece of paper blows into you and sticks to your face, draining you of every last ounce of dignity you ha - Hey, wait a second! That's no ordinary paper! It's a form for a job application! At one of the biggest diesel producers in the state! With no prior experience necessary! And hold on, that can't be right... No, it definitely is! You get to pilot a goddamned ZOOT Suit for it!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:02:55 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: ZOOT Suit Riot: Dieselpunk in the Jazz Age
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:56:38 am »

Players
Waitlist
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:29:10 am by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:57:02 am »

And reserved. I'll be taking five people.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 02:01:43 am »

Dieselpunk in the Jazz Age? A game after my own heart! Watch this space for an app.

Spoiler: Lucius Capeiro (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:09:01 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 07:53:57 am »

Reserved. I'l make sheet at home.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 08:00:49 am »

1934? We're nine years early.

Spoiler: Carl Anderson (click to show/hide)

Screw reserving.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:33:22 am »

reserved

Spoiler: John Tyler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:42:13 am by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:48:22 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 12:07:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:39:07 pm by Fniff »

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 04:02:47 pm »

((I haven't forgotten about this. However, I HAVE been stuck in Snowmageddon 2014, meaning that both my power and cable flicker on and off irregularly, and times like this where they are both working are few and far between.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 04:12:59 pm »

Reserved

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
  • i ain't worried bout nothin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 04:55:57 pm »

Spoiler: The King (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
If there's room, of course.
Quote from: Broteam
anything that's not shootin at what i'm shootin at becomes what i'm shootin at

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 12:33:25 am »

((POWER!!! CABLE!!! Oh, how I've missed you! Anyways, Digital Hellhound, GreatWyrmGold, WhitiusOpus, darkpaladin109, and Fniff are in for now, and the rest of you will be waitlisted.))

You all fill out your forms and follow the instructions on the back to a large building that looks like it was once a warehouse before it was remodeled into a ZOOT hangar. The name Dyzelis is written above the entrance in faded red neon lights, and as you all step inside, you can see that the place must have at least twenty different ZOOT Suits lined up along the walls. A young woman in a secretary's outfit takes your forms as you walk in, and instructs you to sit down on one of the many chairs set around a simple wooden coffee table. Once the five of you are gathered, the secretary closes the entry door by flipping a switch on the wall, and a young man in a stained pair of overalls steps out from behind one of the larger ZOOTs and slides a suit-coat on before taking the forms from the secretary and glancing over them before approaching the five of you.

"Heya, so it looks like you guys are the lucky five who get the new jobs! My name’s Wallace, and as of today, I’m your new supervisor. Which is really a sorta funny title, seeing as how I’m really just a middleman between you all and Lukas Dyzelis, but hey, it gets me paid, and I’ll get you payed, so I’m not complaining. Anyways, as you might have guessed from the fact that Dyzelis needed a middleman to meet you in a run-down warehouse filled with top of the line weaponry, you’re going to be using these ZOOT Suits to do a fair deal of illegal stuff, both to directly aid the company and more importantly to hinder our rivals. As for just how illegal it all is, perhaps I should explain your first mission to you? If you’ve been paying attention to the radio as of late, you’ve probably heard something about that new ship that’s been built, the HMS Ginormous. The damned thing’s nearly twice the size of the old Titanic, and sturdy enough that it could probably collide with the entire arctic ice shelf and come out alright, let alone a little iceberg. It’s more or less a floating fortress, and it’ll be headed on its maiden voyage from Seattle to Sydney tomorrow with over three thousand passengers. One of those passengers is a Miss Betty Pellantina, daughter of the president of Pellantina Fuels, a company with whom Dyzelis has been engaged in a costly price war with for a few months. Your job is going to be to kidnap Betty, so that Dyzelis can use her as a bargaining chip and come out ahead in all of this. So yeah, it’s pretty shady stuff, but I think that you all can manage it. Plus, you'll be getting payed, depending how well the mission goes. Now, I'll show you the suits that you'll all be using."

Spoiler: Osteon Mk. I (click to show/hide)

As for the equipment you'll be putting on it, just look through this catalog and put a check mark by what you want to buy. Oh, and don't get anything that you don't have the slots for, although that kinda goes without saying.

Spoiler: Catalog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:10:35 pm by Wwolin »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: ZOOT Suit Riot: Dieselpunk in the Jazz Age. Power's back, and so is this.
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 08:26:32 am »

John listens to the man, nodding at times, and thinking to himself-
well Johnny old boy, you knew something was up here. Of course it's gonna be illegal.

He then asks-
"So, exactly how are we supposed to find one person on a ship of 3,000? And know what they look like? There's a lot of small places for a child to hide on a ship that size."

After he gets a response to his question, he walks over to the suits and chooses his gear.

Spoiler: gear selection (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:41:43 am by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.
Pages: [1] 2 3