Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Spellbreakers! RtD. What shall we do with this story?  (Read 13479 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbreakers! RtD. Turn 0 - Stranded!
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2014, 10:51:07 am »

Why are you getting concerned over an one-week lapse? C'mon. You know me well enough to only start after three weeks or so at earliest.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2014, 09:07:54 pm »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2014, 10:48:10 pm »

Why are you getting concerned over an one-week lapse? C'mon. You know me well enough to only start after three weeks or so at earliest.
I'm more anxious about my RtD when it doesn't update ONE DAY past my scheduled time of it.

So you, sir, must do so.

Or else we wish nukes upon you. :I

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2014, 07:58:19 pm »

Musn't.. Make.. Forum game.. *holds right hand back with left hand*

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbreakers! RtD. Turn 1 - A whole lot of nothing
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2014, 07:33:52 am »

Tiruin/Aea: Stick with merchants! Check the ship if there's anything we can scavenge before heading out--like firewood!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Miraculously, there's still dry parts on that boat! Maybe the sun dried it out sufficiently.
The obvious problem is that you just partially dismantled a mostly intact boat.

Acquired: Firewood! Encumbrance: Very Light -> Light!

Caellath/Artheus: Approach the woods a bit - keeping enough distance for a safe escape need be - and try to see if there are any sounds indicating the nature of the aforementioned "company".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Safe distance is a go. Thankfully, there's some shrubbery to cower behind.
Artheus listens intently, to the sounds of the forest. He never really liked them. However... mixed with the usual horny/angry/hungry bird noises and leaf rustling, no, disturbing the entire audible scenery - the distinctive sounds of someone clumsily traipsing through dry underwood. Though... maybe two? Even three? Couldn't quite tell. Every so often, a muffled clink of metal could be heard. Maybe that was just his imagination. He liked to imagine the tinkling of coins, and right now, he had aggravatingly little in monetary assets.
Ooh. Hold that thought. Sudden sounds of angry argument, so that's at least two strangers in this strange land. Then, a sudden break, redoubled twig stomping. Their pattern of movement wasn't deliberate at all, but it took them closer and closer towards the boat's general direction.

Dwarmin/Conra: Though keeping in range of my allies, lead them onward! Let's see whats coming to meet us...but, try not to go into the woods

You stand heroically in front of your newfound allies. This is not easy business, the little merchantish type constantly seems to want to wiggle away from your grasp.

lawastooshort/Roger: Just stick around for a bit. (Submit an actual action next time, you dolt.)

He just sticks around for a bit.

Derek the Goat is quietly chewing on some grass.

--

Arteus reports the approximate position of their unknown guests. They seem to be at about 200m distance, having stopped for some unknown reason. It is unlikely that you have been detected, as the line of sight is blocked by a dune overgrown by thicket. With some luck, you might be able to avoid detection, though the question remains whether you want to hide from the unknown.

--

This is where character sheets go at some point.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2014, 07:38:47 am »

((That's a pretty darn small boat D:<))

"If it's a search party, that's a good thing--we can appear later. If it's not, I'd prefer to hide instead and...oh, say, pretend to forage if they're friendly." Alessa said as she looked at Artheus' movements. "Anything on your mind, dear merchant?"

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2014, 07:42:50 am »

"If it's a search party, that's a good thing--we can appear later. If it's not, I'd prefer to hide instead and...oh, say, pretend to forage if they're friendly." Alessa said as she looked at Artheus' movements. "Anything on your mind, dear merchant?"

((It probably still floats, if you don't sweat the details~))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2014, 08:47:58 am »

((I wonder if I should send Derek to scout ahead?))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2014, 09:57:32 am »

((It is important for a goatherd to never be indecisive! Or, at least, never let it on to his goats.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2014, 11:05:37 am »

((It probably still floats, if you don't sweat the details~))
((When you say dismantle...I assume the whole darn thing.
Also I assumed more than a rowboat, by the way. In the least, a small ship with one or two sails. :V))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2014, 12:05:48 pm »

((Well, I assumed a largeish rowboat. And partially dismantle =/= dismantle, you basically took out the seats and some parts of the front that didn't look that important anyway.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2014, 03:04:20 pm »

"Friends; I shall send Derek to scout ahead, and perhaps intercept these villainous folk, or indeed intercept these perhaps villainous folk. I have not come this far to be slain by murderous lizardmen. Let us await his evident report.

Derek: up ahead is a group of humanoids, it seems. Saunter over to them, and chew the grass within their sight. Assess them: if you believe they are friendly to me, then return to me. If you believe they are villainous scabs who wish us harm, then head... that way, and over time make your convoluted way back to me. Peace be with you, my goat."

Point to the right as I instruct Derek the Goat to approach the newcomers. Await his report.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbreakers! RtD. Turn 1 - The Wonderful Goat Factory
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2014, 09:18:57 am »

Though it was almost imperceptible, one of Artheus' eyebrows slightly rose as he heard about the goatmancer's announcement he was sending the quadruped to scout ahead. Not because the man's powers are strange and bizarre, though they are, but because he treats the goat as a friend and said animal looks perfectly "normal" as far as those go. It's common sense the summoned creatures of most adventurers are usually exceptional in some way, though to be honest, the herder's smell indicates he's more towards peasant than hero. "Sure, I can wait for a while."

Though willing to wait, the merchant's decides to spend his time productively by scanning around for anything that could hinder an attempt of escaping.

Look around for anything that could hinder their escape or any obstacle obstructing a good escape path.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2014, 12:44:47 am »

Welllll I guess we're doing that turn without Dwarmin unless he shows up in the next 48 hours or so.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2014, 04:42:22 am »

((In which Caellath misses me :c))

Hide. :C
And then examine the plant life
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12