Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Spellbreakers! RtD. What shall we do with this story?  (Read 13484 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbreakers! RtD. Turn 0 - Stranded!
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2014, 04:02:29 pm »

"Madam, miss. They are salutations to a female of your kind, I recall. I don't know the difference between them, however." She responded in kind.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2014, 04:18:29 pm »

"Hum. Well, typically, miss is used for one who has not... promised herself to or been promised to a mate, if one might put it both bluntly and kindly at once... And madam, is for one who has. But then us humans are not necessarily so strange. Many other creatures have similar promisings, or pairings, and nearly as many change how they address another based on this. So much more often for the females though, amongst humans. Some creatures, I mention not the goat, for I have been chastened more than once for being strongly biased towards them, are much more egalitarian, insofar as gender goes. Anyway. Let us see what lies ahead."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2014, 04:48:41 pm »

Conra shifted her claws once more. Agitation?

When she speaks again, it's with a narrow, abrupt tone different from her earlier rumbling speech. If anything she becomes slightly...poetic.

"Bare with me one more word, guardian. Then we will face what comes ahead.

I have promised myself, and the promise remains unbroken. He is gone now, never to laugh or breathe or love any longer in the unending times to come-ashes and dust, blood and smoke. He has become unto light, for lost hopes. A light that is mine to bear.

What does that make one such as myself, in your world?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2014, 04:56:51 am »

”In my world? Hmm. It depends very much on the state of the pairing, does it not. But let us be kind, and assume the best. A poem. A tree without leaves. A split rock. A cloud without sun. The correct word though, in our world, is widow. Loss can be a terrible thing but, you know, there is a saying. Life is like a sheep. It comes, it goes. Sometimes it leaves a trace. The sheep itself is worthless, but the trace it leaves can be rich and fertile. These things can play on the mind.”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2014, 08:38:29 am »

"That is something to think about. Vinxa, Guardian." She rumbles, slipping into her native tongue for a moment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »

"On that note of things playing with your mind, since we've reached land safely (other than in a capsized boat with driftwood and wet clothes), let's all get to why we're here, shall we?"

Alessa looked at the goatherd. "What does the goat say?"

Stick with the merchant! Check the ship if there's anything we can scavenge before heading out--like firewood!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2014, 04:37:17 am »

”Do you mean ‘the goat’ as a general term, or this goat right now specifically? His name is Derek. The answer to both questions is, very typically, ‘mehhhh.’ Not wanting to be facetious. The most useful information I think he can give is the thread stuck between his teeth, which suggest he has found and heartily devoured somebody’s washing, so either we have come across lands civilised enough to wash clothes, or you should all check what you are wearing for holes.”

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2014, 04:43:16 am »

Explanation.
Symbol for emotion.
Apathy.

"Well I can say you've one astute goat. Looking at everyone's clothing, we've come out of the storm less worse for wear--and lacking bite marks, too.

"I think we should just move on and not be too paranoid, is what you mean by 'meh'. Unless I'm getting my thoughts mixed."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2014, 04:50:00 am »

"No, I simply meant that where we come from - Derek and I - 'mehhh' is the sound that goats make when they speak. As opposed to 'baa', which sheep do. Apologies; I was not aware that foreign goats made foreign sounds, which is rather naive of me, I admit."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2014, 10:27:40 am »

Guys... I rediscovered Civilization IV.

Expect the next update in three weeks. Hopefully.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2014, 12:04:46 pm »

I hope Ghandi nukes you.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2014, 12:26:59 pm »

In the face.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2014, 12:40:58 pm »

Fuck Augustus.

In related news, I am now working on the turn.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2014, 10:26:21 pm »

Spellbreakers > Civ IV.

Forever. :I

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:01 am »

Welp, I guess we should all start posting our Civ Iv memes until Errol comes back.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12