Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Spellbreakers! RtD. What shall we do with this story?  (Read 13469 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbreakers! RtD. Turn 1 - A whole lot of nothing
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2014, 07:47:05 am »

((You posted, I thought you already submitted an action while skimming!))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbreakers! RtD. Turn 2 - Meta jokes are worst jokes
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2014, 04:09:05 pm »

Tiruin/Aea: Hide. :C And then examine the plant life

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You're pretty sure everyone can see you trying to cower in the beached boat. And it is proving exceptionally difficult to examine the plant life from here. Well, from your memory, it seemed mediterranean-ish... you guess?

Caellath/Artheus: Look around for anything that could hinder their escape or any obstacle obstructing a good escape path.

Uh... well, there's the water? That'd be a bad way to flee. Possibly. The boat is washed up a bit far from the beach, and you definitely couldn't flee out of shooting range in time...
...there's a rocky cliff to your right, overlooking the small strip of beach you've been stranded on
...to be honest, you can't really see a good escape path? It's just somewhat forest, but the bad part about the forest

Dwarmin/Conra: Assume pose of heroic guardian, guard party heroically. (Submit an actual action next time, you dolt.)

You still stand heroically in front of your newfound allies. Your legs are getting a little numb, and the breeze is just a smidgen too stiff, making you feel somewhat uncomfortable.
...now your rear end itches...
Conra's visage morphs into something that hopefully looks fierce, not constipated.

lawastooshort/Roger: Point to the right as I instruct Derek the Goat to approach the newcomers. Await his report.

Well, the goat runs off and he seems to be as understanding as goats can be expected to be.

As expected from a great goatherd like you are, really. Now to only wait for the mostly faithful Derek to return.

And so you wait.
...you wait. There's some noisiness coming from the forest, maybe a shout, mixed with a loud, surprised meeeh.
...you wait some more. There's definitely someone running through the underwood at high speed. Sounds like a wild chase.
Before Roger can wait even more, loud goat noises slowly - no, quite rapidly - approach from a way that isn't actually either of the ways that he had carefully laid out to the goat. And he's not alone - two humanoid figures are chasing him at breakneck speed, brandishing instruments of murder. Derek doubles up on his speed and skids to a meeehing halt behind Roger, who on pure goatherding reflexes plants himself before his single-goat flock, brandishing his staff in a not exactly threatening, yet unambiguous stance.
The two pursuers of the goat stop as well - coming to a grinding, dust-raising stop - not quite clear on how they got into this situation. It seems like they are trying to sort their thoughts, and this opens some time for you to examine the new arrivals.

The first has a pudgy face framed by scrubby, mid-length reddish hair. His - or her? build seems altogether stocky and short, though they're wearing an intricately embroidered greatcoat, and a capelet for good measure, which leaves a whole lot to the imagination. As they're wielding some sort of wand in one of their hands, and white gloves covered in some sort of arcane symbolism, they can probably be pegged as a magicky person - which explains the greatcoat at this kind of temperature. A true wizard would never be seen without some sort of dress or coat or cape... well, knit caps are not really part of any wizarding tradition, though...

In contrast, the other person was the wizardish one's opposite in several ways - tall, gaunt, greasy shoulder-length hair and pale skin, clad in a very black cloak - exactly the sort of person who one would expect teaching at a wizarding college since approximately forever, perhaps, and being gruff all the time and deducting points. It should be duly noted that gauntlet-mounted, ominously shimmering claws aren't something you'd expect to come with that stereotype - but someone this suspicious looking might just be magic. Because, uh, sometimes that's just what magic boils down to. It's not unicorns and rainbows all the way down.

But alas, this exposition of mine concerning androgynous characters has led to our maybe-antagonists regaining their wits, finishing a quick exchange of words and coming to a decision. The tall one takes a few steps forward, and adresses Roger, who by the way is a Goatherd, and did you know I really like far too long sentences that don't really explain a whole lot but use lots of big words and annoy my audience and stray from the original intent so far that you're kind of confused once all these nested sentences collapse back into each other and the original story emerges back into the sunlight of my writ:

"I plead with thee, please hand us that goat."

Derek seems none too happy about that proposition.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2014, 04:59:00 pm »

"I am afraid, my sons, that I cannot perform the act of which you speak. Be at peace."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2014, 02:07:24 am »

"Please, I beg you. We have not eaten in two days."

Derek the Goat takes a few more steps backward.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2014, 03:27:20 am »

"Two days?! What is two days!? But a fleeting second. No: I cannot feed you Derek the Goat. He is a sentient goat: my flock; and I should rather feed you myself than feed you my flock, for I am a goatherd, and my flock is my very purpose. But perhaps the milk of a goat might sustain you without this wanton lust for blood and violence?"

Summon a goat! It might well be female, in which case milk it, and offer the milk to our new acquaintances.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

((In which Caellath misses me :c))
((Sorry, I forgot to reply to that.)

Though distracted by his own efforts, Artheus soon notices the human woman posed him a question he failed to answer. "Finding civilization is what I have in mind right now." he says before turning his gaze to face the two newcomers. People desperate for food tend to be much easier to make deals or barter with, and the fact they may have some magic trinkets paints them as very attractive targets for the merchant's sweet tongue.

"Excuse me, my good people. Artheus Tesso is my name and I can see fortune doesn't smile upon any of us. Did you lose your way here or would you happen to know the shortest path taking us to civilization?" Even as he talks, the young man is already searching for things in his loot bag. Any nourishment would sell like powdered gold for starving people, and even in case Artheus finds out he doesn't have any extra food, he can negotiate part of his own - for the right price.

Ask the strangers some questions and check if there's any food on Artheus' bag. In case there isn't any, see if there's at least some seasoning in order to enable the scenario of killing a seagull and cooking it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2014, 06:31:58 pm »

((The funny part is my internet literally died the day Errol finally updated. Typing this at the library. No time. :(

Ah, trying to get back...argh...do what thou wilt...wonder if Conra will still be around by then...))

Conra grunted.

"If you want something, take it. See which of us is stronger. Ownership is determined by strength in your world, is it not..." She comments idly.

Action: PROTECT THE GOAT if necessary.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:35:44 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2014, 02:57:07 am »

((OHGOODNESS I thought I replied to this! Sorry!))

Alessa grabbed another loose plank to justify her presence back in the boat as she returned to the people.
...His flock is one goat? Huh.

"Also, where did you two come from," she asked the newcomers, curious about how and where they arrived.

Ask

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbreakers! RtD. What shall we do with this story?
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2014, 03:00:39 pm »

Okay, roll call, with a vote for good measure!

I'm going to try this one more time despite better knowledge. Are you still up for trying this rolling to dodge thing once more with me? (I'll notch an 'aye' in for Tiruin preemptively.) (What are we doing with Dwarmin? Does he/she have no internet still? I'm warning you, if there's no consensus on that one I'm subbing in Remalle.)
And if so, which RtD exactly? This one, RtEtD or an entirely new one? I have this fear that you no longer remember your characters, that you no longer want to play them, hence this question to reassure myself and maybe perform some serious necromancy if the players so desire.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:02:58 pm by Errol »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »

Yes. I believe Dwarmin is close to a return. PS on phone hence short reply.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2014, 04:20:34 pm »

I'd like Roll to Explore the Dungeon back, but I'm perhaps a bit biased in actually being in that one. I also wouldn't be opposed to a new game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2014, 04:25:30 pm »

I'm here and would gladly play both my rogue knight and/or my savvy merchant. Meaning I want both RtEtD and this one back, with the preference going to RtEtD in case we have to choose due to seniority and more character attachment.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2014, 01:47:05 pm »

My net is still out. Can't say when I'll get it back though surely this week or the next.

That being said I'm willing to hike to the library once a week or so to post an action on lawas game so I could probably fit in yours too. I like my character and never got much chance to play. :P

Also that being said I'm in no shape to actually "play" anything-just irregular posts. I have no issue with Remalle taking my place.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2014, 03:12:58 pm »

Goodness, if Errol actually posted a turn I'd be shamed into immediately doing about seven in a day.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2014, 03:46:41 pm »

Waiting on Tiruin here, though I know she'd be excited I still need her opinion on what to play... C'mon, I already gave you two only barely cryptic hints in IRC. :(
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12