Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 3DS games?  (Read 5929 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS games?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2014, 02:49:06 am »

Assuming EO1 was any indication, said postgame content is really hard. Like, multiple optional bosses that will casually TPKO your max-leveled party in two turns hard. It really forces you to look at your team and play strategically, because "level up until you can steamroll it" is no longer an option.

EOU:MG, on the other hand, actually allows steamrolling through most of the post-game content... with a maxed out party... on Easy.

Are the newer Pokemon games worth playing if you're not really into the IP but have fond memories of playing red and blue as a kid?  Have they matured at all, or are nine year olds still the target audience?

If you're playing for any kind of story or anything... no. If you like the OCD-nature of 'the experience', then it's certainly worthwhile. If you aim to play competitively, or even try to develop (much less execute...) competitive builds, then it'll give you the biggest headache ever. Things have gotten a LOT more complex since the days of Red and Blue.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 11:25:09 am »

I pretty much play RPGs for the story, so I'll give them a miss in this case.

Tried out a demo for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, how the hell do people control the camera?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2014, 11:53:33 am »

On the touch screen. You can switch around what's on the touch screen so put the camera controls on the lower right. There's also the monster cam which locks on the big monster but I never use it.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2014, 12:00:32 pm »

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
This, so many times over. They essentually recycled Link to the Past and made it better

As for the Rune Factory series, it might be discontinued due to Neverland Co. moving to file for bankruptcy.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:09:38 pm by Flandre »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2014, 12:33:16 pm »

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
This, so many times over. They essentually recycled Link to the Past and made it better

As for the Rune Factory series, it might be discontinued due to Neverland Co. moving to file for bankruptcy.

On the other hand...
It's FEF, not FEOF

SirStrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2014, 12:39:54 pm »

The camera in MH takes some getting used to. I think it was a little easier on the psp because the dpad was above the stick. Of course, if you get the circle pad pro attachment everything gets a whole lot easier.

Also, I would certainly NOT wait for MH4 even if you don't have any friends to play with. The single player content is enough to last many many hours, especially for someone new to the series.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2014, 01:45:02 pm »

I have a question for you buri: What is the 2ds for? Not having the 3d is less power needed, but it looks so much more likely to get screen-cracked compared to the others with their closing hinge hiding the screens inside.

3D is bad for young children's health.

There is no actual medical proof of this. Nintendo is just covering its butt just in case.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2014, 01:59:56 pm »

I have a question for you buri: What is the 2ds for? Not having the 3d is less power needed, but it looks so much more likely to get screen-cracked compared to the others with their closing hinge hiding the screens inside.

In my experience, there's a large segment of people that keep 3D turned off on the 3DS and a pretty fair amount of people that held off on buying a 3DS because they had no interest in 3D (some thinking that you couldn't turn it off and others thinking that playing 3DS games in 2D would be a sub-par experience). I know a lot of people with bifocals and trifocals who are still using regular DSs because 3D on the 3DS is next to impossible for them.

The lower price tag on the 2DS is enticing to people who want to play 3DS games but don't want to pay the 3D tax. Anecdotal, it appears to be paying off as the 2DS is the most popular 3DS version among people I know IRL.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2014, 02:05:46 pm »

The low price point on the 2DS might be justified by the no-hinge design, but it probably handles and stores as hideously as it looks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »

I don't use the 3d either, but I remember losing my GB Pocket a long time ago because someone stepped onto the screen and broke it. Not exactly a fan of the exposed design if theres an alternate since then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2014, 02:21:04 pm »

I actually have a 3DSXL, despite well... Having one eye and thus the 3D is lost on me. Owlga says it looks pretty cool on some of the games at least so I guess it's not a total loss.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2014, 02:36:13 pm »

I actually have a 3DSXL, despite well... Having one eye and thus the 3D is lost on me. Owlga says it looks pretty cool on some of the games at least so I guess it's not a total loss.
I find it awesome that your avatar has a newfound meaning.
Is it okay if I ask how you lost your eye?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:40:50 pm by Flandre »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2014, 02:37:52 pm »

I got an 3DSXL because it had more battery life.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2014, 02:40:54 pm »

I find it awesome that your avatar now has a newfound meaning.
Is it okay if I ask how you lost your eye?

Wow I still answer this a lot. Heh.

I got it injured into a near non working status back when I was around 13-14 or so. In an incident I REALLY don't want to go into detail about as it kinda fueled a phobia of mine. But some years ago I got a pretty bad head injury that resulted in a clot that strangled the blood vessels feeding my eye till it was bad off enough it needed removal.

Back on topic a bit though. I like the 3DSXL compared to the others since they're a bit odd for someone 6'1" with slightly larger than average hands to handle.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2014, 02:50:03 pm »

I have the 3DSXL too, but the larger screen was more of a selling point to me (even if the pixel density is the same).
The bad news with the 3DS altogether is that they are region locked, whereas the original DS wasn't. What this means for me is that I have to order my games from overseas to play on my American console. At least the chargers run on the same voltage; no carrying around transformer converters just to simply charge the system.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5