Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Grand Crusade  (Read 4420 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Crusade
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2014, 10:32:00 pm »

Kyle nods.
"Aye."
And then he goes to get ready.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2014, 08:41:47 am »

((okay since you all seem to tread on the same place, let me give some direction. If you want to land or really do anything BOLD the action. Specify a Landing Spot ala:
Land directly North of Kol'Thelos, preferably at night))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2014, 09:01:52 am »

Land 2 hexes away from kol thelos (assuming that's near enough to Waylay caravans but not have to fight guards).

We will work away the enemies food supplies and prosperity. Hopefully the king will take care of the rest.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2014, 09:52:29 am »

Give a speech to the men.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2014, 11:09:37 am »

Land one hex south of Kok'Theos. With aforementioned units.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2014, 02:54:45 pm »

Land as close as possible to Kok'Theos
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »

Kyle

You give a speech to the men.

Javier

[2] Your landing north of the City goes not unnoticed. Well...landing in broad daylight never goes. [4] The moment you disembark you notice that a Local Lord is approaching with Three Regiments on Foot. It is too late to run away or turn around. What are your battle orders?

King Adam

[1] The size of your Armada didn't go unnoticed. In fact days before your landing you spot boats in the Distance. You are already greeted by an impressive army upon landing. Seems like somebody was prepared.

Choose twenty out of your regiments for the battle and then give battle orders.

Hrothgar
landing together with King Adam was a bad idea. Waiting for your men to disembark you have to watch helplessly as the Kings Tactical Genius or lack thereof decide over your fate.

EDIT: Please note that battles are run in real-time and thus you have to give orders beforehand. The more detailed your battle plan (the more failsafes it contains) the better. I will act them out as best as possible.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:51:36 pm by Ghazkull »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2014, 04:47:43 pm »

Wait until night. Then land two hexes to the north of Kol'Thelos so as to be able to attack in a pincher formation with the good king.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2014, 05:22:55 pm »

Wait before I give orders what are they made of? Infantry, Calvary, Archers or a mix of the three?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2014, 05:49:42 pm »

It's the usual build up of Thelossian Nobility, supported by peasantry and spear militias and a group of Plains Mercenaries.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2014, 06:20:08 pm »

That spymaster could probably use a bit of muscle to back him up...

Arrive to help Javier

Spoiler: Battle Plan (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:09 pm »

That spymaster could probably use a bit of muscle to back him up...

Arrive to help Javier

Spoiler: Battle Plan (click to show/hide)

whoa whoa whoa.

I'm looking for guirila tactics and trying to scare traders from going into the city not going on a full fledged battlefield. GM am i missing some game rules?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2014, 07:50:20 pm »

you are missing that an army is currently attacking you and Wwolin cant help you in time.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2014, 08:04:20 pm »

Okay well I'm going to deploy

-My Personal Guard
-7 Regiments of Spearmen
-2 Companies of Mailed Knights
-3 Regiments of Pikemen
-3 Regiments of Baldelaar Militia
-4 Regiments of Goedendag Militia

Spoiler: BattlePlans (click to show/hide)

Balls I don't think thats a great plan and we might be in a bit of trouble.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2014, 09:25:04 pm »

ahh my idiocy...it will never stop to amaze me.

Okay Battle-plan: Form up 3 companies of Brigands to team up together facing the enemy. 1 unit of Assassins behind the Brigands line all of which face the enemy who's attacking.

The last company of Assassins will go for a flank and remain undetected until they can find and kill the enemy lord with a quick guerrilla attack. If successful we'll press with the formation above while the second Assassins group tries to run for cover.

If the second Assassins unit is found out before they can complete their objective they are to fight their way back to the formation.

Summary: brigands all together with one. First Assassins company behind for support. Second Assassins unit for flanking.

My guy will be in the First Assassins company viewing the battle and Dying Fighting gloriously when time comes...which may be soon.

EDIT: what happened to the other 2 guys weren't we 6 in total? An OMG my is going to be giving off a silent prayer.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:29:31 pm by 3man75 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6