Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2182 2183 [2184] 2185 2186 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497071 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32745 on: October 07, 2016, 06:14:08 pm »

Or maybe sacrificing human part would burn some corruption away?
Does it have to be Your part?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32746 on: October 07, 2016, 07:37:23 pm »

if I buy an additional gut slot on levelup can I install a supernatural kidney to cleanse additional corruption from my body over time?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32747 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:30 pm »

Now I think it would be a good idea to have the stuff you can buy for levels be literally brought from a store run by a guy named Nyars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32748 on: October 08, 2016, 03:55:02 pm »

The current system is, as PW has said, a bit confusing. It suffers eve nin that PW can't quite track it well enough to tell when a person has dropped below humanity 0.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32749 on: October 12, 2016, 04:45:53 pm »

What I currently (as a non-playing semi-observant spectator) think:

-People turning demon just like that seems fun, and like it could lead to a quick snowball effect where 1 person turning doesn't just make the team a bit weaker, but also instantly spawns a new foe at full strength. Kinda wonder if it wouldn't be better though if the turning process took longer (even if just a turn), both to give the players a little edge and because I think it allows for the conversion process to feel less like a demon just plops out of nowhere (so to speak, since combat turns are such a low amount of time).

-A bit too much bookkeeping. Especially humanity tracking. On this topic, pw, any idea how you'll manage this for the game itself? Like old ER where you keep track of things yourself, or more community-driven like the wiki?

-I like how individual bodyparts can be damaged, but it kinda feels like the individual parts don't make a whole organic being, in that a human that's only slightly modified can have legs shopped off and not suffer from it beyond the immediate loss of the limb. The polar opposite of chunky salsa, I guess. Is it supposed to be like that?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32750 on: October 12, 2016, 04:54:01 pm »

It certainly seems that the PCs are already superhuman by default, but that can be fairly simply explained.
Yes, all PCs are magical girls.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32751 on: October 12, 2016, 05:36:58 pm »

I mean, part of the idea for this did come from pretty princess vivisection ascension. That's only to be expected.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32752 on: October 12, 2016, 05:58:18 pm »

pretty princess vivisection ascension.
What is this and where can I get it?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32753 on: October 12, 2016, 06:03:03 pm »

Another of PW's prospective games. Only got as far as a test, as far as I know.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32754 on: October 12, 2016, 06:13:45 pm »

Aww I wanna see princess elsa Carve out anna's eyes with an ice sickle, SO METAL YOU CAN TASTE COPPERY BLOOD SO GOOOD!
Daemon noises
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32755 on: October 12, 2016, 07:49:45 pm »

It certainly seems that the PCs are already superhuman by default, but that can be fairly simply explained.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32756 on: October 12, 2016, 10:42:58 pm »

Aww I wanna see princess elsa Carve out anna's eyes with an ice sickle, SO METAL YOU CAN TASTE COPPERY BLOOD SO GOOOD!
Daemon noises
Here's all the stuff about it
https://www.dropbox.com/s/379upbrjn5k4nmb/Magical%20girl.rar?dl=0

What I currently (as a non-playing semi-observant spectator) think:

-People turning demon just like that seems fun, and like it could lead to a quick snowball effect where 1 person turning doesn't just make the team a bit weaker, but also instantly spawns a new foe at full strength. Kinda wonder if it wouldn't be better though if the turning process took longer (even if just a turn), both to give the players a little edge and because I think it allows for the conversion process to feel less like a demon just plops out of nowhere (so to speak, since combat turns are such a low amount of time).

-A bit too much bookkeeping. Especially humanity tracking. On this topic, pw, any idea how you'll manage this for the game itself? Like old ER where you keep track of things yourself, or more community-driven like the wiki?

-I like how individual bodyparts can be damaged, but it kinda feels like the individual parts don't make a whole organic being, in that a human that's only slightly modified can have legs shopped off and not suffer from it beyond the immediate loss of the limb. The polar opposite of chunky salsa, I guess. Is it supposed to be like that?

1. Yeah, in the game they'd probably take a turn or two. But tests and such.

2. Yeah, what I said earlier in the thread is I'm divorcing humanity from body parts so it's just connected to heart and adding a corruption stat that builds up. When corruption overtakes your heart level or your humanity drops to zero, then you "no john you are the demons".  As per the book keeping, I'm expecting players to keep track of their own junk, obviously, but a wiki would be great too. I mean, we'll see what people want or need as they go but I think people tracking their own crap and me tracking monsters is best.

3. Well, this is true. The idea, the reworking of the framing story, that I've been toying with can explain the fact that the players are so indestructible. The alternative is that I whip up a bleeding system to deal damage via loss of non-vital parts and we have certain "vital" bits that if destroyed dropped you. But that only applies so long as those parts are human, so if you replace your head with a bear trap, you can lose that head and still be fine. And it gets a bit weird there because I can see sy immediately replacing every single body part with a demon part so as to avoid bleeding out.  The idea I talked about for the framing story was that you players are already dead. You, like countless people before you, tried to fight Ouro and died. And now you're trapped in Ouro; and the way Ouro works is it traps the souls of those who it kills and they eventually become demons due to the loss of their connection to their humanity. And, much like dante, the only way out of hell is to pass through it. Although where Dante spent much of the book fainting, bad mouthing people he didn't like and playing up how he and Virgil were total buds, you'll spend your time murdering your way towards the exit. The exit, of course, being the heart of Ouro and its destruction.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32757 on: October 13, 2016, 10:56:52 am »

I like this plot, as it implies a third faction, the not-dead fighters of Ouro, who perhaps look upon PCs as monstrosities.
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32758 on: October 13, 2016, 07:05:56 pm »

Hey pw, may I use your artifact genorator for my table top gaming stuff? And can I also have the link to it?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32759 on: October 13, 2016, 08:17:36 pm »

It doesn't really make sense for an organism to turn hostile creatures into more powerful hostile creatures. Why would a highly optimized machine like Oro turn people into little superhumans so they can mess stuff up?

I prefer to say that we're demon hunters who did some magic thing to become so unkillable.
Pages: 1 ... 2182 2183 [2184] 2185 2186 ... 2205