Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2183 2184 [2185] 2186 2187 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497073 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32760 on: October 13, 2016, 08:20:06 pm »

What if we sold our souls to demons so that we could become unkillable…wait a second.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32761 on: October 14, 2016, 09:08:39 am »

Hey pw, may I use your artifact genorator for my table top gaming stuff? And can I also have the link to it?
Yeah sure, it should be in the ER stuff I linked a while back. I don't have access to my drop box right now through, so If you can't find that ER link, you'll have to wait a  bit.

It doesn't really make sense for an organism to turn hostile creatures into more powerful hostile creatures. Why would a highly optimized machine like Oro turn people into little superhumans so they can mess stuff up?

I prefer to say that we're demon hunters who did some magic thing to become so unkillable.
It's not doing that, you're stealing parts so that you can be more powerful. You going demon because of it is a positive too, don't get me wrong, but it's not a master plan or nothing. It's still gonna try to murder you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32762 on: October 14, 2016, 11:16:21 am »

It doesn't really make sense for an organism to turn hostile creatures into more powerful hostile creatures. Why would a highly optimized machine like Oro turn people into little superhumans so they can mess stuff up?

I prefer to say that we're demon hunters who did some magic thing to become so unkillable.
Also, I'll point out that it probably realizes the chances of anyone actually killing it via using demon parts before they become demons themselves is very low

I mean, look at our practice fight. I sent 6 people into a room and somehow this has turned into a rousing victory for the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32763 on: October 14, 2016, 12:12:50 pm »

Looking at demon vs human power in the testgame, I would suggest that perhaps weapons might be a good feature after all?
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32764 on: October 14, 2016, 01:15:04 pm »

Looking at demon vs human power in the testgame, I would suggest that perhaps weapons might be a good feature after all?
Weapons WILL exist in the main game, yes. I actually always planned for them, I just didn't put any in this because I wanted to test the other things. Weapons will basically just add base damage to your attacks, so your long sword might add 35 base damage, for instance.  I am considering having basic damage types too. Like slashing, blunt and piercing, which have bonuses against various things, for instance slashing is good against organic, bad against inorganic, piercing is good against armor, etc.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32765 on: October 14, 2016, 01:17:20 pm »

Will they be useable by demons?
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32766 on: October 14, 2016, 01:26:34 pm »

Will they be useable by demons?
Of course. But most demons aren't gonna be as strong as those we see in the test game. Humans that become demons tend to be more powerful.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32767 on: October 14, 2016, 01:27:33 pm »

As per the book keeping, I'm expecting players to keep track of their own junk, obviously, but a wiki would be great too. I mean, we'll see what people want or need as they go but I think people tracking their own crap and me tracking monsters is best.

Setting up the wiki would probably benefit from a little planning, in the sense that we could ensure everything is set up before really starting so we can get it right from the get-go. One of the questions we'd have to answer for example, in case we do use a wiki and not a google docs document or something, is to use the ER wiki or to make a new one (perhaps using different software). I'd be in favor of using the old one personally, might be able to repurpose some things like the statblocks and keep the community connected a little more. A new one could be cleaner though (then again, with some slight rearranging I could just move all the ER links away from the main page on the old wiki, should be neat enough).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bleeding could make things more realistic (and lethal!) but would also be more bookkeeping. One thing you could do is make it so the Ouro where the game happens isn't even in the regular physical world, but in a dreamworld or alternate plane. It's existence still causes suffering and death in some form or another, but in a weird indirect way (eg it only exists in a dreamspace where it'll consume people's soul in their nightmares and leave their body an empty husk in the real world, so people are strapped into sleep machines that allow them to have lucid dreams and fight back in this dreamworld.

Or maybe say that to even be able to enter Ouro a person needs to undergo some sort of treatment that has the (side)effect of making you so durable.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32768 on: October 14, 2016, 02:10:44 pm »

If you want to do a wiki perhaps make it something with ranks, with pdubz at the top, head editors below him, and then normal editors below that.
Something to help make sure all changes go through pw or at least a head editor who has good guidlines from pw on how to handle things.

Hmm head tinket tot if something like tinker springs up again. I can see plenty a clockwork limb being tinkered with to include chainsaws and guns
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32769 on: October 14, 2016, 02:36:27 pm »

On wikia (and many other wikis) all changes are visible on the 'recent wiki activity' page or equivalent, so edits can be checked there. Asking pw to check/authorize all the changes kinda defeats the purpose of taking work off his hands (and be hella slow). So long as people keep an eye on the recent changes page things seemed to work pretty well, at least for ER.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32770 on: October 14, 2016, 02:42:25 pm »

On wikia (and many other wikis) all changes are visible on the 'recent wiki activity' page or equivalent, so edits can be checked there. Asking pw to check/authorize all the changes kinda defeats the purpose of taking work off his hands (and be hella slow). So long as people keep an eye on the recent changes page things seemed to work pretty well, at least for ER.
Hmm, well more meant talking to him for a big thing or issue, other then tha him just providing basic guide lines.
Trying to think of a way to apply some of the organization i've seen to certain minecraft servers (of all things) I've been on.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32771 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:29 pm »

Here's a thought: Upon going demon, players suddenly burst into a big 'ol monster with lots of powerful full-HP limbs, with their stats and build based upon the player that they sprouted from.

This could easily be farmed.  With a few buddies, carefully grapple and delimb a weak ally until they only have a couple valuable demon parts; make sure you maintain the grapple as they turn into a demon, though that just makes things more efficient.  Now, they're a relatively weak demon in a bad position, but with powerful parts ready to be severed and taken.  Also, you have the spare human parts from when you dismemebered your teammate.  Only thing you lose is your ally, and they'll resawn soon enough.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32772 on: October 14, 2016, 03:04:38 pm »

and they'll respawn soon enough

That's blatant metagaming though.

I could see this society's world evolving so that undesirables/convicts of various kinds are farmed for demon parts, but doing that to able combatants (which is what the players would be, presumably) seems like  throwing away your soldiers (which depending on your manpower status could be problematic).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32773 on: October 14, 2016, 08:05:08 pm »

Could make it so all parts can bleed, including demons ones. So your chainsaw hand bleeds gasoline, your metal spike head bleeds metal dust, your, ahem, demonic dingally dong bleeds... let's change the subject.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #32774 on: October 15, 2016, 01:56:54 pm »

Yeah, and if the game is mission based (perhaps with a semi-piecewise managed on-ship-equivalent, as he mentioned in the past), you just lost an ally and made the mission harder. Edit: Maybe the transformation also attracted the attention of a nearby demon horde... >:D

Also, I vote using another wiki. Maybe not even wikia, maybe there's someone better around. Or maybe host our own wiki.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:00:18 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 2183 2184 [2185] 2186 2187 ... 2205