Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1967 1968 [1969] 1970 1971 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495383 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29520 on: March 09, 2016, 03:39:32 pm »

All signs

"Avalanche two, anyone got any ranged weapons spare they've looted? I need a gun or rocket aluncher or something to kill some people.

Hey NJW, does this mean Christopher is going to come kill Pneuma and Kate (and I guess everyone on the shuttle)?  Your answer won't change my actions IC, but it would be comforting to know one way or the other.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29521 on: March 09, 2016, 03:49:42 pm »

It means that I have no main weapons I can use safely, or so I think IC. I don't really want to teamkill a lot or shoot down the shuttle. Christopher'd like to murder Kate, but she has an overpowered gauss rifle and minmaxed skills, so I'm not about to try and shoot her one-on-one much, given the uselessness of 10 token armour against 6 token rifles.

Edit: 10 token rifles. Did Kate get this by the team fund? They literally doubled her tokens before any missions? I would have had to invest and embezzle the whole union fund to beat that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:59:27 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #29522 on: March 09, 2016, 03:55:06 pm »

Ah, that's good to hear.  I was a little worried about retribution for taking Kate out of there.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29523 on: March 09, 2016, 04:29:45 pm »

It means that I have no main weapons I can use safely, or so I think IC. I don't really want to teamkill a lot or shoot down the shuttle. Christopher'd like to murder Kate, but she has an overpowered gauss rifle and minmaxed skills, so I'm not about to try and shoot her one-on-one much, given the uselessness of 10 token armour against 6 token rifles.

Edit: 10 token rifles. Did Kate get this by the team fund? They literally doubled her tokens before any missions? I would have had to invest and embezzle the whole union fund to beat that.
It was a trade for literally everything except her clothes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29524 on: March 09, 2016, 04:32:37 pm »

Just FYI, that ten-token "gun" is definitely weaker than any five token gun, and probably weaker than any four token one too.  Actual ten-token guns are battlesuit killing tier.  Also, the Mk.III is not armor.  Ten token armor would be full milnoplate, which is resistant to the Specktr, notably weakens the Testament, and fails to the Blaster Rifle.

All things considered,in a match between the Mk.III + twitchblade vs. that ten token abomination, the Mk.III has better odds--especially if the user remembers to turn on EMM.  Assuming equal skill, of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29525 on: March 09, 2016, 04:58:19 pm »

So whats the poll look like now? We'll give it till sunday to finish.

ey peedubs, I sifted through the poll thread for ya.
It thank you for that but I have no earthy idea what that grid should be describing to me.
The first column is the vote of everyone's top choice. The lowest scoring choice is eliminated, and the votes are recalculated with the second choice of people who lost their first choice. That is the next column. Third is likewise recalculated with lowest voted choice eliminated, and so on until one clear winner emerges.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29526 on: March 09, 2016, 05:02:08 pm »

Looks like ORO is our winner by a fair margin. More than I was expecting.

I wonder if we should poll the outside world since we're either gonna need to get this sub forum changed to "Piecewise's Playhouse" or we might not be able to continue here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29527 on: March 09, 2016, 05:11:39 pm »

Piecewises playhouse sounds great when the episodes going well up on YouTube? :P
I wonder if anyone will ever animate ER would be pretty cool if extremely bloody
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29528 on: March 09, 2016, 05:31:01 pm »

Don't worry, you can just use your overwhelming majority of loyal ER players to take over Toady's forum.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29529 on: March 09, 2016, 05:39:30 pm »

I stand with the piecewise revolution send me out I'm ready to  serve as the ultimate cannon fodder.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29530 on: March 09, 2016, 05:49:29 pm »

Alright.
* ER executes ATH on the spot.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29531 on: March 09, 2016, 05:54:52 pm »

ATH gets back up as being the ultimate cannon fodder he has infinte uses.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29532 on: March 09, 2016, 06:16:26 pm »

Well, if nothing else all the players here saying they want this subforum to remain in use for the future games might be good enough. I know the fear with giving me my own dedicated subforum was because of popular dislike of such things in the modding forums.  But a bunch of people saying they want it is a pretty persuasive.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29533 on: March 09, 2016, 06:28:23 pm »

I voted ERORO in the wiki poll and just ORO in the thread, after receiving more info.

Same. I want ER's lore expanded upon, but not at the expense of the world pf Oro being actively hostile

Also, I think I am just going to finish off the current wait list for sprites, and then start up again once the new game hits
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 06:32:16 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29534 on: March 09, 2016, 06:29:38 pm »

I voted ERORO in the wiki poll and just ORO in the thread, after receiving more info.

Same. I want ER's lore expanded upon, but not at the expense of the world pf Oro being actively hostile
That was also my line of reasoning.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 06:31:56 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 1967 1968 [1969] 1970 1971 ... 2205