Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491093 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24540 on: November 07, 2015, 01:06:37 am »

Looks like Lars has a new BFF :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nunzillor

« Reply #24541 on: November 07, 2015, 01:14:39 am »

All heathens must suffer the redeeming punches of the Lord!  Perhaps this one will be more fun.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24542 on: November 07, 2015, 01:17:39 am »

That's shiny. But you need to do something with that extra cell.
Major fuck ups.
Universally accepted titles.
Standing within the ARM.
Memorial type upon permadeath.
Appeal in short-shorts as judged by Faith.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24543 on: November 07, 2015, 01:34:39 am »

Assumed danger level to teammates for the left and assumed danger to self on the right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24544 on: November 07, 2015, 08:31:38 am »

I swear to god Irony do you have a fetish for this shit?
Evidently. :I

That's shiny. But you need to do something with that extra cell.
Major fuck ups.
Universally accepted titles.
Standing within the ARM.
Memorial type upon permadeath.
Appeal in short-shorts as judged by Faith.
Assumed danger level to teammates for the left and assumed danger to self on the right?
I was thinking equipment level or mission count stuff, but "This is how much we trust this person to not light the following on fire" is probably the most important data we could include. Maybe streamline it to Power and Trust, to signify gear level/variety and typical effectiveness, and general usefulness and stability, respectively?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24545 on: November 07, 2015, 08:33:36 am »

Yeah, that could work.
Speaking of, how did you make that chart?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24546 on: November 07, 2015, 08:36:30 am »

Maybe streamline it to Power and Trust, to signify gear level/variety and typical effectiveness, and general usefulness and stability, respectively?

Yeah, 'inventory' and 'char disposition' are, next to stats&skills, what determines the 'power'/usefulness (?) of a character. Though the former two are more difficult to assign a number to than the latter (eg how to rate mobility vs protection?)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24547 on: November 07, 2015, 08:59:57 am »

Yeah, that could work.
Paint.

More specifically, I drew the diagonals, measured out bars of three pixels going horizontally on one side, and then used the circle tool to produce concentric rings that slotted in correctly on each side.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24548 on: November 07, 2015, 10:01:58 am »

Yeah, that could work.
Paint.

More specifically, I drew the diagonals, measured out bars of three pixels going horizontally on one side, and then used the circle tool to produce concentric rings that slotted in correctly on each side.

That sounds... painful. But the graphs are very pretty.
I wanted to suggest having just 7 sections of a circle, instead of 8, but I guess that would be quite difficult to draw without special software.

As for "power"&"trust" - I think we already tried doing something like that, but failed; generally, I don't see entering such vague things into this graph. Perhaps number of level-ups would be more appropriate?.. At least, those can be counted. Oooh, and since sometimes the amount of stat level-ups and skill level-ups are different, you could differentiate the two in the different graphs.

Also, as a proud bearer of at least one +4 skill, I must ask: how would you draw that? There is only one more circle instead of four more, as the general idea of the graph would suggest. Or would you simply fill in with the color the 'outer section' as well, one beyond the last circle? Or something else?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24549 on: November 07, 2015, 10:42:09 am »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24550 on: November 07, 2015, 10:48:32 am »

That sounds... painful. But the graphs are very pretty.
I wanted to suggest having just 7 sections of a circle, instead of 8, but I guess that would be quite difficult to draw without special software.
It wasn't that bad. Mainly just counting up the number of pixels on the diagonal that I had to start the circle tool on. Turns out it goes up the further out you get.

That said:
Also, as a proud bearer of at least one +4 skill, I must ask: how would you draw that? There is only one more circle instead of four more, as the general idea of the graph would suggest. Or would you simply fill in with the color the 'outer section' as well, one beyond the last circle? Or something else?
I was gonna add more circles, but got distracted by figuring everything else out. So, obviously not completely painless. :P

And if you're curious, the intended color for +4 is violet.

As for "power"&"trust" - I think we already tried doing something like that, but failed; generally, I don't see entering such vague things into this graph. Perhaps number of level-ups would be more appropriate?.. At least, those can be counted. Oooh, and since sometimes the amount of stat level-ups and skill level-ups are different, you could differentiate the two in the different graphs.
I think this boils down to the usual problem: The stuff that's easy to quantify isn't very useful, and the stuff that's useful isn't very easy to quantify.

That said, I'm thinking Trust might be a particularly bad idea, since outside of a few outliers almost everyone's in the nebulous "They seem pretty okay" middle. Character inclination as a measure of effectiveness might be better, but still suffer from everyone clustering around a vague middle ground.

I still think Gear might have some potential, but like Radio was saying it's hard to compare a lot of stuff with each other. And, for that matter, figure out the scale for comparing similar items.

Another idea I had was just shoving some kind of icon in there to take up space, like their general role or weapon type.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zygesyacpls4lyf/Weapons.pdf?dl=0

New weapon catalog Version 1.
Neat. Now tell me how much that Id Mask costs so I can get my Pose on.

Also, nice on the Bauble and KittensTM.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24551 on: November 07, 2015, 11:22:59 am »

I am looking forward to your dropbox list entering the armory. The Haeber implant is something I very much want.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24552 on: November 07, 2015, 11:26:41 am »

Well, Id manifester and White mask look pretty dope. The other exo stuff I don't really feel that hype about, since I'm probably not going to go back to being a squishy human.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24553 on: November 07, 2015, 11:36:26 am »

Yeah, that could work.
Paint.

I remember proposing this sort of thing ten millionty billionty years ago.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24554 on: November 07, 2015, 11:38:12 am »

Well, Id manifester and White mask look pretty dope. The other exo stuff I don't really feel that hype about, since I'm probably not going to go back to being a squishy human.
white mask does sound fun but would need backup bodies probably.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 ... 2205