Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1572 1573 [1574] 1575 1576 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486468 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23595 on: October 19, 2015, 12:32:19 pm »

Explosion of that size will destroy entire stack and quite few others around and very effectively kill-maim-crush-tear-vaporize everyone anywhere nearby.

Stacks are not rockets.

New plan: Secretly build the Orion drive beneath the stack, and then unleash the explosions. Bam, stack-rockets!

Now that's a plan I can get behind of. 8) But wouldn't being on orbit kind of kill our subjects? I'm sure Doctor wants living ones.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23596 on: October 19, 2015, 12:36:08 pm »

Factory fumes and paranoia: I'm sure the Stacks are sealed.
One wheel short of a wagon

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23597 on: October 19, 2015, 12:38:26 pm »

The mission cock-up contest is over, guys. You don't have to try to explode a building into orbit.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23598 on: October 19, 2015, 12:42:00 pm »

Given the apparent lack of anomalies here, it would seem that it's physically impossible for M23 to surpass M21.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23599 on: October 19, 2015, 12:43:02 pm »

The mission cock-up contest is over, guys. You don't have to try to explode a building into orbit.
Given the apparent lack of anomalies here, it would seem that it's physically impossible for M23 to surpass M21.

That's quitter talk right there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23600 on: October 19, 2015, 12:48:04 pm »

No, it's not! Frankly, I find it unkind of you to address the matter this way. Sure, M23 is a latecomer, but it's still part of the mission batch M21-23, and every participant has equal rights to compete for the title of biggest mission cock-up. Even if they're latecomers; as stories go, latecomers as underdogs are usually the ones to win the contests, right? (At least, I'm fairly sure that's what Hollywood has been teaching us.)

So - cry dash-nine, and let slip the dogs of mayhem! Eternity and HMRC Hall of Fame await you!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:50:43 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23601 on: October 19, 2015, 12:51:51 pm »

We could manage an ICE-9 level event, but at this rate you guys are going to cause us to do it.  :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23602 on: October 19, 2015, 01:56:14 pm »

Yeah, don't give up! Winners never quit, and quitters never tear the universe a new one!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:40:21 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23603 on: October 19, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »

Yeah, don't give up! Winner never quit, and quitters never tear the universe a new one!

Exactly!  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23604 on: October 19, 2015, 02:08:03 pm »

Mission 23 DOES have Vicent in it's roster, and he has had a bad track record
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23605 on: October 19, 2015, 03:09:48 pm »

Plan is still a go, even if you only get the stack into the stratosphere.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23606 on: October 19, 2015, 04:38:23 pm »

You know what M23 should do?

Well, those mile-high "stacks" of towers are separate and hostile, so won't be firmly physically connected. So they should plant some sort of nuke below one, and blow it into orbit.

Then they can pretend to be rescue operations and get everyone into the pods, and there'll be a firefight and they can all go home.

Why does everyone insist on underestimating the stacks so thoroughly?

(( Everything is in the same stack, then?

The confusion is coming from this line earlier, combined with more recent descriptions of the locations.
"They are spread over several hundred horizontal miles, but are relatively similar in vertical orientation."
Which led me to believe that they were in different stacks, at roughly the same height. Just trying to make sure I know which one is correct XD

Or do I just *grossly* underestimate the size of a 'stack'

Edit: my uplink is working today, so here's that image I drew to try and figure out how it was setup. ))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The stack is a name for a very VERY large vertical and horizontal area of thousands of interconnected towers, each miles high. Think of it like this:
Take a city block. Stack it 5 miles high. Thats one tower. Now, take several hundred towers in any direction and interconnect them; sometimes directly merging them, sometimes just connecting them via bridges and tunnels. Thats a Stack. The "Strip" that you're on now is actually in the space between two towers.  The "Ground" is actually the top of a massive train tunnel, the ceiling is created by a partial fusion of the two towers, a bridge that got built up over time into an entire subdivision.

Hive worlds are all about endless expansion, both outward and inward, filling every gap possible and expanding as high and wide as they can. Each stack is considered it's own nation and often contains more people than the entire population of a planet. Don't underestimate their girth.

launching one of these might not reach "release the eldritch Elder God" level of DOOM, but it will at least reach Thermonuclear Holocaust level and quite possibly an Extinction level event. That's pretty respectable, in a terribly horrific way.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23607 on: October 19, 2015, 04:43:54 pm »

Question: Why, in order to stop the Neighbourino God from getting amp tech and killing the universe, did steve ram a spaceship full of amps and Origin tech into it? One single amp aboard survivng = game over
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23608 on: October 19, 2015, 04:47:53 pm »

So you have to separate it, with a few smaller nukes... really, it's not hard.
One wheel short of a wagon

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23609 on: October 19, 2015, 04:50:57 pm »

So you have to separate it, with a few smaller nukes... really, it's not hard.
"What do you do in that building over there?"

"Soup Kitchen. We feed the poor."

"Why was that guy wearing a Hazmat suit, though?"

"Some of the soup expired. Nothing to worry about!"
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 1572 1573 [1574] 1575 1576 ... 2205