Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1569 1570 [1571] 1572 1573 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486853 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23550 on: October 16, 2015, 05:17:46 pm »

I wonder if proto-Altered count as Project Origin tech. I suspect yes, but to know for sure would be spoilers. But what delicious spoilers they would be.

Considering the seeming similarities between synthflesh and the altered (spacewarping magic, generates alien thoughts, etc), I'd peg that as pretty likely.

Has anyone gotten the IVAN treatment yet?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23551 on: October 16, 2015, 05:25:00 pm »

Harry did. So, y'know. That could be fun.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23552 on: October 16, 2015, 05:33:49 pm »

I wonder if my replacement organs will fail
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23553 on: October 16, 2015, 06:02:13 pm »

I wonder if my replacement organs will fail
Nah, those things are  robotic, not synthflesh.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23554 on: October 16, 2015, 06:16:32 pm »

Hmm. Is any part of Xanessa of Origin, I wonder?
I hope not.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23555 on: October 16, 2015, 06:31:08 pm »

Whoo! Im safe! ... Until the cult gets me
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23556 on: October 16, 2015, 06:34:07 pm »

I must say, M21 has so far been the most taxing and the most disheartening mission. I still don't understand what for Piecewise gave a decision of this level into player's hands, and what did he expect of us - of me - to do. TPK is TPK, but putting it into players' hands is plain cruel. Oh well, unless we survive this ordeal by some miracle, I'm probably retiring from the game (temporarily or completely, don't know). Good luck with the war and stuff. :)

... And if we survive it, I swear, I'll go find the HMRC Pantheon book and have Maurice write the new addition about his Mistress with his own blood. Because it's only a bloody miracle that can save them at this point, and if it happens, it'd better be recognised by "official church", or else.  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23557 on: October 16, 2015, 07:17:33 pm »

I must say, M21 has so far been the most taxing and the most disheartening mission. I still don't understand what for Piecewise gave a decision of this level into player's hands, and what did he expect of us - of me - to do. TPK is TPK, but putting it into players' hands is plain cruel.

I get that feel. I think it might have been something like M22, or China-9, where PW plans for certain things, and something completely different happens, and he goes with it because that's the type of game this is. In M22, for example, he probably had hints strewn about, maybe some way to reduce the threat of the AoP, maybe some way to not blunder into it all of a sudden, etc. In M21, maybe there was supposed to be some way to learn that some mad god is trying to enter the universe, before going in so deep that you essentially sequence-break to the final boss.

I think most people think the missions are best this way, but yeah, sometimes shit hits the fan. Good luck!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23558 on: October 16, 2015, 07:45:49 pm »

Maybe they should had split the group in two or more and tried to get comms from the inside to the outside of the dome. That might have been the way to do it. Steve might have been able to provide some info and a way to deal with this. Or at least call exterminatus on the planet more quickly.

Then again, the dome might have been our universe's defence mechanism. Like an inflammation surrounding a wound. The alien god seems to spread via information or patterns or something like that. And the dome seems to have been made to restrict all outwards going info. So maybe establishing a way for information to get out of the dome would had broken quarantine and let the alien god in sooner.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23559 on: October 16, 2015, 07:55:06 pm »

Hmm speaking of China-9, do we still have the space-magic box in ARM's control? What happens if it gets infected by the alien god? Nothing good, I bet.

Find somewhere on the ship with windows.

Then sit starring out the window and contemplate the meaning of life and whether all this is real or not

The view out the window certainly wouldn't be, ships don't have real windows in this universe because windows are a big design flaw. The best you'd get is a screen hooked up to a camera that sees outside.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23560 on: October 16, 2015, 07:59:02 pm »

There is a nice view of the outside from the briefing room screens. Or you can wear a suit and open the test firing area to the outside. Or just go outside.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23561 on: October 16, 2015, 08:28:19 pm »

I must say, M21 has so far been the most taxing and the most disheartening mission. I still don't understand what for Piecewise gave a decision of this level into player's hands, and what did he expect of us - of me - to do. TPK is TPK, but putting it into players' hands is plain cruel. Oh well, unless we survive this ordeal by some miracle, I'm probably retiring from the game (temporarily or completely, don't know). Good luck with the war and stuff. :)

... And if we survive it, I swear, I'll go find the HMRC Pantheon book and have Maurice write the new addition about his Mistress with his own blood. Because it's only a bloody miracle that can save them at this point, and if it happens, it'd better be recognised by "official church", or else.  :P
Just get into the ship and lift off and get the hell away REALLY FUCKING FAST and you'll be fine.

Probably.

Besides the whole...problems for the future.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23562 on: October 16, 2015, 10:09:15 pm »

@Hapah:
Quote from: The Armory Master on G-Rounds
"G-rounds are rounds that, when the hit their target, generate an extremely powerful gravitational field. If the thing got hit by one, it's not atomized as much as compacted into a nice lump of..whatever it was made of. As per cost, it's about 8 per clip of 3."

Quote from: The Armory Master on Gauss Cannon G-Rounds
"For the Cannon we got AP, Standard nuke tipped, straight metal, Hellshot and G-shells.  Ap and standard are same price, straight metal is 2, hellshot is 5 per clip and G-shells are 4 each."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:11:01 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23563 on: October 16, 2015, 10:40:22 pm »

Today I completed the sprite for the first level boss of the game.

I'm working on the crafting system as well. Or rather working on understanding the scripts involved. The idea of it is that while there is normal gear, a lot of the best gear comes from turning in items you find to scientists in the area. Including, hopefully, unique items that come from stuff like bosses.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23564 on: October 16, 2015, 11:01:22 pm »

Today I completed the sprite for the first level boss of the game.

I'm working on the crafting system as well. Or rather working on understanding the scripts involved. The idea of it is that while there is normal gear, a lot of the best gear comes from turning in items you find to scientists in the area. Including, hopefully, unique items that come from stuff like bosses.
What, like the HEP or that electric shard projector?
Speaking of, how are you gonna handle Amps and Manips? Are they just gonna be Sci-Fi wands or are you thinking of something a bit more close to home?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1569 1570 [1571] 1572 1573 ... 2205