Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487613 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23175 on: October 09, 2015, 05:54:09 pm »

I think we're treading on slightly uncertain moral ground here, then.

Try not to cross any metaphorical lines that look important, guys.
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23176 on: October 09, 2015, 05:54:25 pm »

Abigail does not know that if your brain survived you will be fine she still assumes if you die by decapitation your flat out dead
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23177 on: October 09, 2015, 05:55:25 pm »

Abigail does not know that if your brain survived you will be fine she still assumes if you die by decapitation your flat out dead
She's not awake to notice???
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23178 on: October 09, 2015, 05:56:54 pm »

I think we're treading on slightly uncertain moral ground here, then.

Try not to cross any metaphorical lines that look important, guys.
eh don't worry i don't get offended and rarely angry in fact this is really fun for me
She's not awake to notice???
That hasent been decided by piecewise yet so thats  still in limbo
(Better)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:00:24 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23179 on: October 09, 2015, 05:57:58 pm »

...It is not, in fact, moot, it is in limbo.
Not knowing a factor does not make it unimportant.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23180 on: October 09, 2015, 06:04:25 pm »

At what point does she realize Flint is trying to decapitate her; after she's fallen unconscious or been similarly rendered unable to react to external stimuli, or before he's even moved to perform the decapitating? Because the decapitation seems to be conditional on Abigail being incapacitated by the Xenospit.

From your character's point of view, Flint has calmed the situation down and offered her something seemingly safe to drink. Once she drinks it, she very likely can't react to anything. Then Flint moves to cut her head off. Despite being able to melt or freeze things with your mind, you are not psychic.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23181 on: October 09, 2015, 06:05:21 pm »

Wait wat is someone trying to drug and decapitate a 12 year old girl? I haven't been following properly.
Why not? When Flint was in an emotionally bad state over his failures to save people's lives (people who were emotionally unstable and ended up hurting themselves and their friends), he asked the AM what to do if he had to save someone and if she had any way to stop someone without hurting them or others. And she told him "Just kill them and make sure their head is intact. We can revive them. It's the safest and most efficient way."

And then on Hephaestus someone he considered beaten decided to overload his amp and try to kill everyone, which resulted on lots of people getting hurt because he hesitated killing someone. Said action also proved the danger of amps in a very personal manner, having to outrun a freaking overload inside underground tunnels on foot, starting from ground zero. He rates an unstable child with a weapon of mass destruction who just threatened to kill people for no apparent reason similarly.

And he is slowly coming to terms with the way of thinking that hurting others can be inevitable, necessary or even good, his recent accidental murders and the war against the UWM forcing him to reconsider his values.

And he is generally feeling like crap over various reasons like having killed people, having someone die on previous mission over something he considers his fault, finding out his commander is lying to him and potentially hurting him and others and generally being full of anger and doubt and all sorts of other things that are hidden behind his attempts to stay good, a good person.

So the only logical course of action is to follow the advice given by one he considers a friend and quickly take out the danger as safely as he can for all involved with the only means he knows he has on his disposal (since he doesn't know about Lyra's ability to knock people out, when she said she has venom he imagined she was talking about real venom which could cause brain damage). Once everyone is certain to be safe, he can leave on good conscience and let the people on ship sort it out themselves.

If I just wanted to force drugs on people and then kill them, I would have used my giant robot and +4 Conventional laser.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:07:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23182 on: October 09, 2015, 06:16:12 pm »

At what point does she realize Flint is trying to decapitate her; after she's fallen unconscious or been similarly rendered unable to react to external stimuli, or before he's even moved to perform the decapitating? Because the decapitation seems to be conditional on Abigail being incapacitated by the Xenospit.

From your character's point of view, Flint has calmed the situation down and offered her something seemingly safe to drink. Once she drinks it, she very likely can't react to anything. Then Flint moves to cut her head off. Despite being able to melt or freeze things with your mind, you are not psychic.
first she was still wary of flint as said in her thought and she sniffed the drink plus she has +1 intuition so she'll know when you try and lunge at her with the razor and are holding the razor at her throat so all this talk is if abigail passes an intuition check or stays conscious

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23183 on: October 09, 2015, 06:22:46 pm »

Basically everything that is happening in the on ship thread involving flint abigail and the cat and robolegs is all in limbo and nothing can be said to have happened yet except that abigail does take the drink from flint and flint has stopped the initial conflict

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23184 on: October 09, 2015, 06:23:35 pm »

And I have +1 Charisma and used a good IC set up to trick you, which means I'm more likely to trick you. Doesn't really change much, if it comes down to an intuition roll. If a roll happens and you manage to not get unconscious, then the rest of my action is moot and I'll... I dunno, I'll have to figure out what to do then, depending on what happens. Maybe just leave and hope others can take care of the situation.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23185 on: October 09, 2015, 06:24:24 pm »

Basically everything that is happeningbon the in on ship thread involving flint abigail and the cat and robolegs is all in limbo and nothing can be said to have happened yet except that abigail does take the drink from flint
If Abigail drank the Xenospit, though, I think the current chain of events is reasonable.
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23186 on: October 09, 2015, 06:27:53 pm »

I have +plus 1 charisma And + 1 intuition so she has a better then most chance of figuring somethings up and if she does drink it her + 1 fate might help her

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23187 on: October 09, 2015, 06:30:32 pm »

I have +plus 1 charisma And + 1 intuition so she has a better then most chance of figuring somethings up and if she does drink it her + 1 fate might help her
Her +1 CHA does not help on a bluff check, that's intuition.
+1 Fate will probably just ablate the possibility of a certain die being repossessed from its skeletal keeper, if things go down.
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23188 on: October 09, 2015, 06:34:09 pm »

So she is likely to roll 2 intuition rolls then 1 for when flint offers her a drink and 1 for when she sniffs the drink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23189 on: October 09, 2015, 06:35:41 pm »

So she is likely to roll 2 intuition rolls then 1 for when flint offers her a drink and 1 for when she sniffs the drink
No, you TOOK the drink, you only get the one roll for drinking it.  Seriously.  Your character isn't going to die, just wake up as a robot and without an amp, most likely.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 ... 2205