Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494251 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21930 on: September 07, 2015, 01:22:36 pm »

Oh dear.

Way to go, though. Way to go out with a bang.
That's the spirit.  Who knows, though?  You may survive.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:24:22 pm by Nunzillor »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: September 07, 2015, 01:33:15 pm »

History will be written by the ones who inject space gods into themselves and survive, I should think. So everybody's gotta do it! There's got to be at least one statistical outlier among us all, right?

Grate tried, and failed. Luckily for us, Maurice will increase our sample size!
Timmy makes two.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: September 07, 2015, 01:34:31 pm »

History will be written by the ones who inject space gods into themselves and survive, I should think. So everybody's gotta do it! There's got to be at least one statistical outlier among us all, right?

Grate tried, and failed. Luckily for us, Maurice will increase our sample size!
Timmy makes two.
STAN might qualify as well.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: September 07, 2015, 01:37:22 pm »

There can't only be three people who messed with alien space magic on a mission and tried to put it inside their bodies or minds.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21934 on: September 07, 2015, 01:45:37 pm »

Come on, it's three-for-three on injecting space magic and surviving! And even keeping their existential selves and personalities (the parts of those that matter, anyway)! Sanity, however, might be a whole different question...

Doesn't help that some ignorant and self-righteous heathens decided to kill two of the three before they could properly ascend. Thankfully, both Paracelsus's Sword and the AM are currently far, far away from here.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:47:16 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21935 on: September 07, 2015, 01:47:36 pm »

There can't only be three people who messed with alien space magic on a mission and tried to put it inside their bodies or minds.
There's alien space magic (the pyramid that wrecked Milno's arm), and there's "alien space gods."

I thought of STAN also, but that was a little different. Yes, they were in the process of becoming an alien space god, to be sure, but ...

I wonder if Pancaek's experience with the white planet counts.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21936 on: September 07, 2015, 01:54:33 pm »

There's alien space magic (the pyramid that wrecked Milno's arm), and there's "alien space gods."

I thought of STAN also, but that was a little different. Yes, they were in the process of becoming an alien space god, to be sure, but ...

I wonder if Pancaek's experience with the white planet counts.

I think it does. For a brief moment he was a god, or equivalent of one. But that was xenospit speaking, not technical spess magic.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: September 07, 2015, 02:03:35 pm »

STAN should count, because, well, Stacy and his painting. Residual traces of "alien space god", if you wish. (According to the Doctor as reported by Xan, anyway.)

As for Pancaek, dunno. It definitely should, because reasons, but I think it wasn't quite fully injected; at least, as far as lasting changes go. Or, more properly, this injection could be dormant, like in Stacy's case. Maybe M21 experience would help him unleash that potential?.. "Let's escalate the situation further, shall we?"

(Btw, brilliant RPing, Aoshima. I thought about shooting Maurice outright, to "kill him for now and revive later", but this is also very cool.)

Also, can someone explain why of all people on the mission 21, both Team Leaders had to bite the spess-magick bullet? Newly appointed Team Leaders, take note! Name the next-in-line for command beforehand! (This is soo fun when a Chekhov's Gun that shoots you in the leg is the one you put on the stage in the first place. In case, just theoretically, that you'd have to be shot in the leg during the play according to the script. ;D )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: September 07, 2015, 02:15:16 pm »

Ulrich got no plan for this situation, this situation calls for action. Incidentally his core tenets are:
"Be familiar with enviroment and options, but be ready act on instinct."
"Information is needed for action, but lack of information must not prevent action."

So going with instinct there.

And shooting does solve problems.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21939 on: September 07, 2015, 02:24:26 pm »

Flint once tried to eat a bite out of a mundane looking, methane breathing, carbon eating beetle. You know, a small one, just to see what it tastes like. Though he didn't, because the universe/his intuition told him it was probably a bad idea. Don't know if that counts as injecting weird stuff into yourself.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21940 on: September 07, 2015, 02:24:49 pm »

Hey Nik, if Maurice becomes a god, could you be a pal and give Pan his body and mind back?

And if he becomes an abomination upon reality hell bent on destroying the planet, could you try and not destroy pan. thanks.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21941 on: September 07, 2015, 02:26:55 pm »

I just realized something else. With the way things are going, we may have two missions in this cycle finished in record time.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21942 on: September 07, 2015, 02:30:45 pm »

Depending on what exactly Xan was, and what his capabilities were really (if only I could've mastered doing breaking the laws of conservation of mass I needed more willpower) I think he was a 'successful' example of a space godlike thingy.
Admittedly, Doctor, but still.

Gonna see if I can't have a talk with him after this mission...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21943 on: September 07, 2015, 02:37:23 pm »

I just realized something else. With the way things are going, we may have two missions in this cycle finished in record time.

M22: 62 days
M6: 62 days
M7: 57 days
M3: 41 days
M2: 21 days
M5: 16 days
M4: 14 days
M1: 11 days

Unless you mean in post-rebellion time.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21944 on: September 07, 2015, 02:41:46 pm »

Regarding mission length, I think we should adjust figures for turn frequency, and count the length of any mission in Piecewise's posts. That would make for a more interesting and meaningful statistic, I believe.

Is there an easy way to count amount of Piecewise's posts in a given thread?
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 2205