Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486867 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19515 on: July 05, 2015, 05:53:09 pm »

Explain maybe how that thing is supposed to work again?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19516 on: July 05, 2015, 06:18:54 pm »

The basic idea is in that tinker post and the description piecewise gave to Xan when he woke up. It's a robot body that's supposed to be perfect for medicine, a medical battlesuit. It uses small arms for small stuff, big arms for movement and big stuff and multiple small legs for kicking people to health in no time at all. It can rip off organs and limbs from itself and use them to heal people or it can take them from people and put it in itself for later. And it can presumably perform surgery, repair robobodies and do other things like he has an advanced kit and a surgeon kit, unless piecewise indicates that those tools have to be bought separately. And it should also be able to buy some of the upgrades available for robobodies for parts of its body (so it can put kinamps in one of its arms, for example, extra armour, or even an esdf if piecewise allows it). And if I'm lucky, it should also have some sensors that will make practising medicine easier.

The details and which of the above assumptions are true, I really do not know. Piecewise told me he'd give me "that thing or something very much like it", so it's not something I designed from the ground up. It's the ideas of Ozarck, Syv and me turned into a tinker concept and then mixed with piecewise's ideas. Xan'll have to ask piecewise for any details he wants, since he might have changed a few things. For example, it was originally supposed to be a suit, not a body.

What follows is everything I know about the history of the suit:

Ozarck was talking about a suit with various arms on it (an arm-y suit if you would forgive the pun):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And I thought "Yeah, that does sound good. But buying the limbs piece by piece would be expensive or it would require an extra piece of equipment (the sharkmist vat). If I make it like a battlesuit, then I will be able to use the battlesuit discount to buy it cheaper AND I would be able to have its 'lost' limbs be 'repaired' at the end of a mission if piecewise allows that. And why not have them be usable, for extra fun? Why not have them be used to repair organics and cyborgs? That way, it makes sense to call it a battlesuit, since the arms would be an integral part of it with a certain function, not just useless add-ons that could be omitted." So I posted the following (which included the ripping out part):
And after that, syv responded and came up with the idea that you could also rip the arms off of dead (or still living people) as well as naming it an hekatonkheira suit.
So inspired and encouraged by Syv, I made this post in the Tinker thread, where I made the suit look like even more of a fleshhorror:
And later contacted piecewise about it and ended up selling my soul to him via abbradar and the mind of a medic to the infirmary in exchange for the suit.
And after Xan was rescued, we got this:
So, as you can see, it should be a very good addition to any team, I simply don't know exactly how good and if I need to give him any extra tokens for him to buy extra equipment.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:28:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: July 05, 2015, 06:42:23 pm »

That's a pretty good synopsis.

It's too bad I don't have an IC justification for Dester claiming partial credit blame. I could have maybe gotten a token or two, and the admiration hatred of even more fellow inmates.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: July 05, 2015, 06:46:44 pm »

It's too bad I don't have an IC justification for Dester claiming partial credit blame. I could have maybe gotten a token or two, and the admiration hatred of even more fellow inmates.
I won't linch you, I will even protect you for 1 credit!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19519 on: July 05, 2015, 06:54:43 pm »

Hey, if it ever becomes an armory item, we should share part of the profits, since the new Hephaestus systems says you get 25% rounded up for everything you designed that someone buys.

(Which means that Nik will be rich soon, since everyone is buying MCP-IIs. Unless it only applies to new designs.
We should change what is written in the origin field of the Armory item template in the Wiki to show exactly who designed an object instead of simply writing "Hephaestus" or "ARM" there)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19520 on: July 05, 2015, 06:58:19 pm »

I suppose Dester's involvement could be in the form of certain research communiques asking about medical suits before having been put in stasis for transition to the Sword. Oh well, I feel kinda good about having contributed to the game in a meaningful way. Thanks Parisbre56 and syvvaris for taking my mundane little concept and turning it into an ER worthy horribominoctor.

Edit: Now, onto the aux version. be useful for repairing shuttle engines while in flight?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:05:03 pm by Ozarck »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19521 on: July 05, 2015, 07:27:14 pm »

We shall make a suit made out of shuttles! That way, you'll always have a spare shuttle.
Or even better, a giant robot that gets assembled when multiple shuttles combine. And the shuttles are also giant robots. With swords.

EDIT: Seriously though, that's how tinker works. One guy says something, another guy says something else, we combine ideas and in the end we may end up with something potentially good. So if you have an idea, don't be afraid to say it in the Hephaestus thread. It might not be perfect, but even if it's not perfect, any thought or discussion it could provoke would be worth it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:37:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19522 on: July 05, 2015, 08:04:04 pm »

Ah, sorry Paris.  I was being a bit immature there.  You certainly deserve credit for the suit/body; I might have suggested a minor feature, but it was an obvious feature to add--and you expanded on it by including organs too.

On a different note, I wonder if Xan could now be considered an avatar of Sa'las of the HMRC pantheon.  He's certainly a limb collector, although I've been imagining his limbs being all over the place, like a porcupine, rather than a tree trunk.   Maybe he'll grow a trunk if he ends up being particularly effective?

Quote from: Sa'las: God of amputation. The Limb Collector.
The image on the opposing page shows a strange sort of being with a hard, geometrically shaped, faceless head, thin, talon tipped hands and a body hidden beneath a long robe. Out of it's back grows what could only be described as a tree made of human limbs, bundled legs and arms for a trunk and branches.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19523 on: July 05, 2015, 08:28:55 pm »

We shall make a suit made out of shuttles! That way, you'll always have a spare shuttle.
Or even better, a giant robot that gets assembled when multiple shuttles combine. And the shuttles are also giant robots. With swords.
The future of the ARM

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19524 on: July 05, 2015, 08:31:28 pm »

The future of the ARM
blarrgrgrgrgrgrgrggggargggle!  :(
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: July 05, 2015, 08:43:34 pm »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: July 05, 2015, 09:29:17 pm »

Nah, probably more like this one.
pls. No more, ever liked that show!
I'm not quite sure what that means, so I'm going to assume it's a request for more

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: July 05, 2015, 09:30:23 pm »

Nah, probably more like this one.
pls. No more, ever liked that show!
I'm not quite sure what that means, so I'm going to assume it's a request for more
I mean that it wasn't my favorite, but I can put up with it.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 2205