Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492494 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18315 on: June 17, 2015, 10:50:10 pm »

I don't understand the rules for leveling up, can someone please refer me to a page where I can level up my character? or explain it to me. thank you :)

Should be able to find out here: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Stats_and_Skills

and via the 'simulator' here: http://parisbre56-phpexperiment.rhcloud.com/character_creation.html

But to summarize, you get 5 points to put into stats, and 5 points to put into skills. Putting points into something makes it better! Simple, right? :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18316 on: June 17, 2015, 10:51:33 pm »

Ooof, sorry Xan, I knew your reputation was going to come back to bite you.
Eh it's alright, I actually talked about it in PM with Beirus before he left me behind since I'm honestly kinda getting tired of ER for the moment what with the constant dying and long wait periods that implies combined with an inability to do anything interesting.
Most if not all of that's my fault, mind, but still.
That said, if I do get recovered somehow I'll still play as Xan, I just don't give much of a fuck at this point.
I understand, to each their own, I guess.
Hopefully you decide to dive back in again at some point, though, this game could use Xan BrandTM chaos.
Oh, if/when Xan ends up on the permadead list I have plans. Remember when I said if Xan dies the person who comes after him would be far more horrifying? I wasn't kidding :)

Eh it's alright, I actually talked about it in PM with Beirus before he left me behind since I'm honestly kinda getting tired of ER for the moment what with the constant dying and long wait periods that implies combined with an inability to do anything interesting.
That said, if I do get recovered somehow I'll still play as Xan, I just don't give much of a fuck at this point.
If Maurice secretly brokers rebuilding you (with full powers) with the Doctor, would you care to come take another stab at transcendence? (Only, you know, maybe quieter, softer and in a more controlled and competent - who am I kidding, but still - fashion? As it'd be treason against ARM at this point, so we better keep things quiet and unknown to everyone?)

Ooopsie, did I just post it out in the public? What would RC say, oh dear...
On the other hand, this offers possibilities, and there's even a way to do it...
*descends into PMs*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18317 on: June 17, 2015, 10:53:44 pm »

If Maurice secretly brokers rebuilding you (with full powers) with the Doctor, would you care to come take another stab at transcendence? (Only, you know, maybe quieter, softer and in a more controlled and competent - who am I kidding, but still - fashion? As it'd be treason against ARM at this point, so we better keep things quiet and unknown to everyone?)

Ooopsie, did I just post it out in the public? What would RC say, oh dear...
Heh. Plan it OOC as much as you like, I actually wasn't very happy to have to take his powers away in the first place. I'd love to see him get them back at some point (preferably without murdering my own character, but eh). Doesn't mean my character wouldn't try to kill you both if he found out, though. :P

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18318 on: June 17, 2015, 11:06:16 pm »

Perfectly straight IC murder attempt is fine and well in my book. :P And, well, to tell the truth I don't think that there is much that can be done. Sure, the Doctor might be able to create another creature with Xan-like fleshwarping powers, but resurrecting him as a person is probably next to impossible. Which is sad, because I'd too want to see him back in full power at some point (if only because, you know, Xan still has to conquer the time and space!  :P). Oh well.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18319 on: June 17, 2015, 11:07:04 pm »

Uh.
Sorta.
check your PM box
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18320 on: June 17, 2015, 11:15:43 pm »

Is it just me or does it seem that nearly every big web-thing, whether it be a webcomic, or a forum game, or whatever, has a super secretive character? Because it seems distressingly common to me.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18321 on: June 17, 2015, 11:18:11 pm »

Trust me this secrecy on my part is necessary or I'd have been killed a long time ago.
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18322 on: June 17, 2015, 11:20:00 pm »

Is it just me or does it seem that nearly every big web-thing, whether it be a webcomic, or a forum game, or whatever, has a super secretive character? Because it seems distressingly common to me.
Well, yeah. I guess.
Shhh, they shall never know of our nefarious plans to use Xan's revived power to overthrow the Board of Generals and... and... and introduce a different set of uniforms! One with poofier skirts and more ribbons and frills!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18323 on: June 17, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »

You really weren't that secretive from what I've seen, people just didn't kill you. :P

Also I hope using my cam-eye gives me at least a fighting chance of dodging any forthcoming hits on the shuttle.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18324 on: June 17, 2015, 11:23:23 pm »

Sorry, bad phrasing, I don't really mean secretive, more... Mischievous? No, more like... Dangerously forward thinking, I guess.
Alan help.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18325 on: June 17, 2015, 11:26:39 pm »

I've made one action, and already I'm diving into a see of intentional team-killers. It's like D&D and all the FPSs ever. How did this ship manage to stage a coup or whatever with crew like this? I no longer wonder that this was a prison ship to begin, nor about the alleged callous disregard or the prisoners well-being of Steve.

Guh. Perhaps I should just consider this character a template to save time remaking them.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18326 on: June 17, 2015, 11:31:53 pm »

I've made one action, and already I'm diving into a see of intentional team-killers. It's like D&D and all the FPSs ever. How did this ship manage to stage a coup or whatever with crew like this? I no longer wonder that this was a prison ship to begin, nor about the alleged callous disregard or the prisoners well-being of Steve.

Guh. Perhaps I should just consider this character a template to save time remaking them.
I think that's because the amount of reasonable characters are split four ways between being nuked and being revived, nuked and perma dead, on Heph and just coming back from one of the mission twenties.
Plus, so far you have only really been (are being?) accosted by one intentional team killer.
Alan help.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: June 17, 2015, 11:35:55 pm »

Never fear, once I make it back on-ship I, Jobasio von Hootzal, shall rescue you from the myriad villains you're being menaced by!
Assuming I survive, of course. Jobasio is sort of cracked in the head and thinks this whole 'being heroic' thing is actually a good idea.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18328 on: June 17, 2015, 11:38:23 pm »

Because tentacles are listed under General Implants rather than Robo-Body/Synthflesh Addons or Genemods, can you get a robo-version or a synthflesh version if you're a robot or made of synth-flesh? Also, do you get a discount on the full Synthflesh body if you've already bought synthlimbs? What about nonhuman synth flesh bodies: are you allowed to get installed into one? If you by an armored personnel carrier, can you ride around in it on-ship?

Sorry for the wall of questions, I'm trying to figure out what to buy, and what could potentially be fun once I save up some cash.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: June 17, 2015, 11:43:32 pm »

I recall that there is an option under Robotic Enhancements (or whatever those are called) that gives, functionally, a mechanical tentacle for the robo-body. There isn't any synth-flesh tentacle to my knowledge, unfortunately.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 2205