Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489742 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17730 on: June 08, 2015, 10:20:37 pm »

Actually, if Gus tried to help Eli, he probably would not get tazed for it. Older doesn't equal more important, and Lyra is not within the command structure.

Look, you're trying to be logical about this, and about why beheading is the more efficient, logical choice.
Lyra isn't giving a damn about that. These are the people who showed bravery on mission with her and gave their bodies and lives to try to acomplish it. She isn't going to let you, some newcomer, maim them needlessly. This is part of her way of showing respect for the people she couldn't save. It's an emotional reasoning, and logic will do nothing to persuade her to change on that stance. Your best bet is to convince Hasala it's a good idea, and to get him to convince Lyra to back down. She isn't going to accept it coming from you.

@ planet inactivity
the planet chose to disconnect the brainworm from itself temporarilly. I think it stabilized itself before moving. which is why in snapdragon it is 100% idle right now. either that or the worm isn't dead, just regrowing its connections. either way the Snapdragon area hasn't been destabilized like Gyro's.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17731 on: June 08, 2015, 10:44:47 pm »

Hey, roadtrip people? You might want to check the RTD board.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17732 on: June 08, 2015, 11:20:33 pm »

Actually, if Gus tried to help Eli, he probably would not get tazed for it. Older doesn't equal more important, and Lyra is not within the command structure.
There's not a 100% accurate connection between age and importance, but there certainly is a connection. Practically speaking, Lyra is more useful than Gus and Elias put together. They're both poorly equipped Level 0 newbies, and she's leveled up four times, unless she was on one of the missions that gives you extra points on top of a normal level up. She also has ten tokens worth of amps and I have no idea how many tokens worth of robo-cat body that's able to turn her invisible, make her move silently, and lets her inject meds. Not only is that body incredibly useful, it's also valuable because it's completely unique. Also, no offense towards the leaders, but I expect they'll be biased towards the older characters that have proven their worth over new characters who have yet to prove themselves useful. Anyway, it doesn't matter if Gus gets tazed or not. He's armed with a basic weapon he doesn't really have any skill with, against a foe that is better armed, more capable of using her weapons, able to turn invisible, and able to move silently.
Look, you're trying to be logical about this, and about why beheading is the more efficient, logical choice.
Lyra isn't giving a damn about that. These are the people who showed bravery on mission with her and gave their bodies and lives to try to acomplish it. She isn't going to let you, some newcomer, maim them needlessly. This is part of her way of showing respect for the people she couldn't save. It's an emotional reasoning, and logic will do nothing to persuade her to change on that stance. Your best bet is to convince Hasala it's a good idea, and to get him to convince Lyra to back down. She isn't going to accept it coming from you.
Elias will never convince Hasala of his position, or vice versa. If I understand Hasala's personality, they're actually pretty similar: both are convinced the other is an inexperienced idiot who has no idea what they're talking about, and both think that they're far more experienced, because they've both been through some terrible events. Because they don't know each other, neither has any respect for the other, and they're both too stubborn to even consider the other's position. Swordsmith, correct me if I'm wrong about Hasala, but that's the impression that I'm getting from him.
@ planet inactivity
the planet chose to disconnect the brainworm from itself temporarilly. I think it stabilized itself before moving. which is why in snapdragon it is 100% idle right now. either that or the worm isn't dead, just regrowing its connections. either way the Snapdragon area hasn't been destabilized like Gyro's.
Don't matter none to Elias. He done reckon they're in the calm b'fur the storm.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17733 on: June 08, 2015, 11:37:37 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Murderer
I'll kill you!

Hmm..

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17734 on: June 08, 2015, 11:59:13 pm »

Got my new char done. I will post it soon.

Yeah, that's the spirit!
hey can charisma be used to manipulate other players?
Depends on how high your skill is. Charisma can only convince people as effectively as a good speech can, plus players tend to not take kindly to just being told to do stuff by someone else's rolls.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17735 on: June 09, 2015, 12:00:13 am »

Do you still get mission rewards if you temp-die, or do you have to survive the entire mission?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17736 on: June 09, 2015, 12:00:35 am »

You still get them
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17737 on: June 09, 2015, 12:11:02 am »

Did my -2 in fate affect my roll, or was piecewise finding me annoying? Is there any way I can tell?

Piecewise usually rolls for everyone in those case, though I do believe your extremely bad Fate made you the most likely to be hit.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17738 on: June 09, 2015, 01:49:50 am »

That fate stat is surprisingly important.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17739 on: June 09, 2015, 01:51:06 am »

I really think this whole 'beheading' argument should happen IC.
Come now people, losing your heads in the OOC thread doesn't help anything! It only causes headaches for everyone. If your character has a bone to pick with another one, you should do so in-character. No use crying over spilt cerebral fluid. Just put your heads together and I'm sure you'll come up with a solution that pleases all parts of all parties involved.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #17740 on: June 09, 2015, 05:52:56 am »

It suddenly occurs to me that I hope everyone's suits are intact, because the shuttle's hull's been breached. That will be a problem when we leave the atmosphere later. If we survive that far, anyway.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17741 on: June 09, 2015, 06:09:22 am »

And if not, they die to be immediately revived on ship. It kinda takes the sting out of it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17742 on: June 09, 2015, 07:45:22 am »

There is no breathable atmosphere on the planet, so if they can't survive space, they probably can't survive the planet. But I think all the new guys have MCPs so they should be fine. (Every time I write MCP I think Master Control Program).

About the beheading issue, how exactly is beheading faster? Do you have a monorazor? Because if you're using a simple knife, cutting through a (lightly) armoured suit and then cutting off someone's head in a non-breathable atmosphere will be neither pleasant nor quick. (MCPs, like MK1s, are lightly armoured. Not enough to stop a bullet but enough to make a knife or random rock piercing it harder.) Unless someone put an IRIS in the new MCP helmet.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:48:05 am by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17743 on: June 09, 2015, 07:49:27 am »

That needs to be a thing. Put an iris at the bottom of the helmet and a button someone can push to activate it that also makes a handle pop out for easier carrying.  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17744 on: June 09, 2015, 07:52:12 am »

Suddenly a helmet-travel bag combo.

Also, I imagine Lyra going through her contact list on her wristpad and renaming the guy's contact to murderer.
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 2205