Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489693 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17700 on: June 08, 2015, 10:42:22 am »

There was a mention at some point of a ship testing a new kind of FTL disappearing; I've been expecting the mission where we find out what happened with it for a while.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17701 on: June 08, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »

TURN ERROR: re-read the end of my action please - I was proceeding on foot to Lars instead of riding the jeep.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17702 on: June 08, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »

There was a mention at some point of a ship testing a new kind of FTL disappearing; I've been expecting the mission where we find out what happened with it for a while.
That and tavik's avatar go surprisingly well together.
But I thought that the report was about a transport ship that went through a jump point and never came through the other side? Since the max recorded timespan for a jump is 2 years, I think, and that ship hasn't come through the other side it is now considered lost. Or was it about a ship loaded with sensors that was going to jump on a jump point near a black hole so that it could find out more about how jump points work? I don't remember.

((Yeah, though I thought that maybe it'd still work well enough to try, what with a +4. I wonder though, if manips can neither do reaction shots nor long term stuff well, what were they better at again than amps? Precision right? Cause there's been a few precision amp uses over the mission, and they didn't seem to have trouble with that.))
And the fact that you don't get an ominous amp counter. And that it's not your mind at risk. And that you can change your minds.

Nunzillor

« Reply #17703 on: June 08, 2015, 12:49:00 pm »

I'm starting to kick myself for not switching to exo.  Even considering those benefits listed in the post above, manipulators seem less useful in many circumstances. 

Maybe, however, it just requires a different way of looking at things.  Finesse instead of force?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17704 on: June 08, 2015, 01:14:29 pm »

Manips have a bit less risk associated with them, as well, I think. Though I don't plan to use either.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17705 on: June 08, 2015, 01:15:59 pm »

Found it:
Search for news broadcasts that are related to events that Steve might send us on a mission on.
You flip through the channels. There's a documentary on The planet Minos 9, a news story about an outbreak of violence on a colony space station, and a story about the disappearance of an experimental spacecraft.
((Was the magic ball the Mysterious Orb of Medium Awareness?))
Be awoken from my sleep by the apathetic cry for help!
"This looks like a job for magic!"
Timmy, still half-asleep, shambles over to Cloud.
"Whoa, dude, you're all dismembered and stuff. I can help you with that, I think."
As Cloud rushes off, Timmy shrugs.
Sit back down on the couch and watch the shuttle thing.
EDIT: ((I would like to request an update for the armory list. A whole lot of potentially useful equipment is unlisted, even though it's technically available at the armory.))

((I request that the penalties for the technician class be reworked. I say that you should get rid of the penalty to uncon rolls, since techies would have had a hand in making such things.))

Look further into this shuttle story.
Bishop stops on the Channel talking about the experimental craft.

Apparently it was an instrumentation ship, manned by only a few crew members, and stocked with extremely precise instruments. It's mission was to measure radiation levels, gravity fluctuations and other such things during a "jump" between two areas in space. The actual mechanics of what happens when a ship jumps are still almost completely unknown and it's been a long standing goal to discover what makes this "jumping" effect possible. The ship itself actually jumped years ago but it is only now that it has gone beyond the threshold of expected time loss and has been declared missing.

Looks like something doesn't want us figuring out space magic. Or it was just bad luck.

Note to self: Put those things in the wiki later if they're not there.

I'm starting to kick myself for not switching to exo.  Even considering those benefits listed in the post above, manipulators seem less useful in many circumstances. 

Maybe, however, it just requires a different way of looking at things.  Finesse instead of force?
Amps might be better for long term effects but they are generally weaker, since their effects are spread out overtime. So if you want power and precision (and more safety), manips are best. If you want large AoE long duration attacks/effects that may or may not be more likely to kill you, go for amps.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17706 on: June 08, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »

I got my forearm impaled by a bit of bone when the shuttle got shot at, though everyone else was fine.

Did my -2 in fate affect my roll, or was piecewise finding me annoying? Is there any way I can tell?

Did he roll separately for everyone?
One wheel short of a wagon

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17707 on: June 08, 2015, 01:49:06 pm »

I imagine it was due to Fate or he just rolls for everyone in the shuttle. I don't think it would be because you were annoying or anything like that.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17708 on: June 08, 2015, 01:49:31 pm »

can someone give me the link to the char creator so I can quickly make a new one with all med skills, common,  and  uncommon weapon skills.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17709 on: June 08, 2015, 02:01:23 pm »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #17710 on: June 08, 2015, 02:12:26 pm »

(there's also a link on the wiki. Somewhere)

On stats and skill page.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17711 on: June 08, 2015, 02:26:21 pm »

Got my new char done. I will post it soon.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17712 on: June 08, 2015, 02:27:20 pm »

Yeah, that's the spirit!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17713 on: June 08, 2015, 02:30:40 pm »

(( Get PW to post a map of where he thinks everyone is and where the crater is. Cause I don't think it's correct right now and I don't know how to fix it XD ))
Might be worth labeling the axes on the map in the future, if we have more missions with grid-like maps.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17714 on: June 08, 2015, 03:48:16 pm »

Yeah, that's the spirit!
hey can charisma be used to manipulate other players?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 2205