Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488963 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17745 on: June 09, 2015, 08:01:17 am »

Actually, I'm not sure, but I think Simus/Pyro included a single iris on the neck-helmet section in the original MCP-I design. After all, there is a seal of some kind there, that with the suit being skintight everywhere except for the helmet (that part is basically the same as Mk I's, I recall).
No handle for ease of carrying, though. Yet :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17746 on: June 09, 2015, 08:19:32 am »

Im not saying i take Lyra's side or anything here, because im all for decapitating people with little reason, but you may wish to consider something...

The actions you are undertaking may have serious financial repercussions.

Equipment cost's money and if it is intact and easily retrieveable when you leave it behind then the owners of said items are likely to demand compensation because you were too lazy to collect it.
If you do in fact decapitate the dead bodies and run off with the heads as is logical to you, the owners of said bodies who place high value on their organic nature may turn around and attempt to extract money from you to regrow their bodies instead of being grateful that you saved them.

Also if you actually manage to go through with this without getting killed by Lyra, then she is gonna be a driving force behind the army of people demanding with all the political authority they can muster, that Steve pays your reward to the freshly reanimated corpses and that your gear gets vendored to make up the difference.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:24:30 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17748 on: June 09, 2015, 08:22:38 am »

@nik: Ah, if that's the case, then it should probably be put in the wiki.

It's also good to put citations in the wiki so that the info there is easily verifiable. It also makes it easier to find details about something.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17749 on: June 09, 2015, 08:40:00 am »

Im not saying i take Lyra's side or anything here, because im all for decapitating people with little reason, but you may wish to consider something...

Equipment cost's money and if it is intact and easily retrieveable when you leave it behind then the owners of said items are likely to demand compensation because you were too lazy to collect it.
If you do in fact decapitate the dead bodies and run off with the heads as is logical to you, the owners of said bodies who place high value on their organic nature may turn around and attempt to extract money from you to regrow their bodies instead of being grateful that you saved them.

Also if you actually manage to go through with this without getting killed by Lyra, then she is gonna be a driving force behind the army of people demanding with all the political authority they can muster, that Steve pays your reward to the freshly reanimated corpses and that your gear gets vendored to make up the difference.

While it doesn't sound implausible for something like this to occur, has there ever actually been something like this?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17750 on: June 09, 2015, 08:47:49 am »

Damn these OOC discussions ruining perfectly good bad decisions. There should be a rule for no OOC discussion of the current turn the way people are going at it. Way too much metagame from this otherwise.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17751 on: June 09, 2015, 08:56:26 am »

While it doesn't sound implausible for something like this to occur, has there ever actually been something like this?
Damn near, if i hadnt been retconned off the mission and the ship hadnt been nuked you can be damn sure i was gonna be extracting compensation for the lack of payment i would have recieved at the end of it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17752 on: June 09, 2015, 09:13:26 am »

Lenglon shrugs
There hasn't been any new in-thread developments from the OOC discussion, so...

@ Lyra, the non-talkative, organizing an angry mob:
um, you seem to have lost track of the basics here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17753 on: June 09, 2015, 09:17:12 am »

you have a wristpad and some of the "higher ups" like you, pretty sure you could convince on of them to speak for you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17754 on: June 09, 2015, 09:24:45 am »

The wiki page for my last char says someone could patch up the hole in his head from the arm can be 'patched up'. Is that a mistake?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17755 on: June 09, 2015, 09:28:34 am »

well technically they could, but if you got shanked in the brain patching the hole in your head is not gonna make much of a difference in the end.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17756 on: June 09, 2015, 09:30:02 am »

well technically they could, but if you got shanked in the brain patching the hole in your head is not gonna make much of a difference in the end.
So my char could be more or less an idiot/vegetable but still alive...hmmmmmmmmmmm.......
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17757 on: June 09, 2015, 09:32:16 am »

On 'financial repercussions':
While extracting money on the basis of "value placed upon being meatling" is subjective and thus source for the "perfectly good bad actions" as Harry put it (I'll be prudent and courteous and refrain from giving my own unwarranted views on the topic  ;)), demanding payment for any equipment that was willingly destroyed/left behind without any particular reason is not nearly as subjective. One should hold in mind that when the person is reduced to being even just a head and a torso, they automagically keep their equipment (most of the time); yet people reduced to heads lose everything - yes, including the suit they are in (sure, there is Feyri's precedent, but I think it was PW being nice and exceptional; all other times, a single helmet remaining does not warrant a full suit replacement - though I'd like to be proven incorrect). Effectively destroying/discarding all the equipment is as much a game feature/mechanic as it is "IC roleplaying/reasons", and that should be at least taken into consideration.

All in all, I agree that this conversation belongs in the IC realm, where it might result in juicy shanking (finally! joy for GM!), and not in the OOC thread; however, this particular angle is OOC and metagame-ish, which I believe warranted noting it here, from OOC perspective.

If one was really intent on forcing people into robot bodies for personal reasons, I would suggest cutting off their heads, but towing their bodies along just as well. The equipment is saved, but the damage is done.  ~_~
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17758 on: June 09, 2015, 09:33:57 am »

That needs to be a thing. Put an iris at the bottom of the helmet and a button someone can push to activate it that also makes a handle pop out for easier carrying.  :P
That already exists and has, I believe, been used before.

Well, there's no push button, it's a suit command, but it's there.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17759 on: June 09, 2015, 09:34:05 am »

Could some one kindly pump some stem cells into zoltan's head and hope his body repairs itself. of course there would be lots of memory loss, but hey, still alive.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 2205