Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492541 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #17085 on: May 18, 2015, 07:59:32 am »

I think that's intended, actually. The game calibrates its DPI to your mouse's, so that the game is not exceedingly easy. I like the extra challenge. You actually need to control your movements, rather than bashing into everything with excessive force.
Well you at least have to calibrate it. It's less about being able to swing and more about the fact that if your DPI is off, it makes your character move extremely slowly, so much so that it is actually possible to make the game impossible on certain missions that require you to move around a lot.
Well, yes. You can also always recalibrate, there's a button for that in the options. There's also a button to go fullscreen. And if you don't like fullscreen, you can change the game's resolution towards the bottom of the config file, so you can have a larger window - make sure to keep it the same aspect ratio though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17086 on: May 18, 2015, 08:08:17 am »

I love your Hammerfight videos PW.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17087 on: May 18, 2015, 12:20:30 pm »

New Channnel Opinions: I like it! Moar Hammerfight and Enemy please? Your Enemy commentary is... amusing.

Also, is it worth 15 bucks?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17088 on: May 18, 2015, 12:33:26 pm »

Come on, Spazyak. Corpses? Isn't that a little beneath you? Zoltan's already proven himself as a medic; there's no reason why he can't operate on living people.

Your teammates are losing limbs left and right, while Zoltan twiddled his thumbs! They need your help!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:36:20 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17089 on: May 18, 2015, 02:08:26 pm »

Come on, Spazyak. Corpses? Isn't that a little beneath you? Zoltan's already proven himself as a medic; there's no reason why he can't operate on living people.

Your teammates are losing limbs left and right, while Zoltan twiddled his thumbs! They need your help!
fine.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17090 on: May 18, 2015, 03:08:42 pm »

New Channnel Opinions: I like it! Moar Hammerfight and Enemy please? Your Enemy commentary is... amusing.

Also, is it worth 15 bucks?
It depends if it's your kinda game. Keep in mind it's like XCOM crossed with a roguelike since there's permadeath, no save scumming and no recruiting new units if they all die.

But it has really good destructible scenery and a lot of variety in weapons and attack options. If you're not sure, wait for a sale.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17091 on: May 18, 2015, 08:45:30 pm »

"Guys I got hit in the lung. Help..."
This situation seems somehow unlikely. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17092 on: May 19, 2015, 12:49:59 am »

Regardless: http://n-blox.com/

Level:5
Score: 7480
Lines: 47

Thats what I just got. I demand you beat it.
Level: 10
Score: 27,971
Lines: 91

Today I learned that either PW is bad at Tetris or I have more experience than I realized.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17093 on: May 19, 2015, 01:28:27 am »

Regardless: http://n-blox.com/

Level:5
Score: 7480
Lines: 47

Thats what I just got. I demand you beat it.
Level: 10
Score: 27,971
Lines: 91

Today I learned that either PW is bad at Tetris or I have more experience than I realized.
I think I've played tetris maybe 6 times in my entire life so the answer is probably yes to both of those.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17094 on: May 19, 2015, 01:45:29 am »

Also, paris said that manip brains don't regain mindpoints during mission for some reason. Is this true? If yes, why? And why is it not indicated anywhere, since that seems like a pretty important mechanic change?))

(( I believe this was also changed for normal amp use as well, if I recall? Mind points just don't recharge during a mission anymore, at least beyond recovering from the inevitable headaches, in order to place *some* kind of ammo restriction on amps and manips. Isn't that why you bought multiple brains in the first place?

Annoyingly, I can't recall where the conversation about all this *was*...))

I bought two so that one could recharge while I used the other, so I could manip for much longer. And if this mechanic has indeed changed like this (which I personally don't think is a very good idea) then I'd think it ought to be announced loud and clearly, and have it stated on the wiki. Things changing in the middle of a mission isn't how things usually go, far as I know.

And I could see the idea of only having a few uses before growing tired, but no recharge means it just takes over the system of con weapons but with far less ammo. I thought 'infinite ammo, but only in short bursts, and regenerating goes slowly' was the idea for spess magic now?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17095 on: May 19, 2015, 01:48:29 am »

See now, this is precisely the time when Derns 'Bulldog' mortar woulda been real handy.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17096 on: May 19, 2015, 03:01:58 am »

It does regenerate slowly. So slowly it usually takes until the end of the mission for it to do so. If you have an empty Gauss rifle on the other hand, it will still be empty. And you cannot use a Gauss rifle to fry a battlesuit's pilot or stop an artillery barrage. Unless you want to be able to solo a planet on your own, it's rally not much of a loss. Manipulators are still really powerful. There's a problem that with the new system, since you are not using your mind but someone else's mind, you can't get the avatar to help you, which is a small disadvantage over amps. Other disadvantages manipulators have is being unable to be used to do wide reaching long term actions (so no wall of force to stop a bullet barrage), the inability to perform reaction/defence actions with them and being more expensive, but are also a lot safer, a lot more precise/powerful and can be reloaded more safely. It's the ultimate offensive/utility device.

I remember piecewise telling us about this change when he was making the new armoury, talking about how he wanted to make amps and manips different, more powerful but also more dangerous, less mundane. I've got some irc logs from chatzilla, I'll see if I can find them when I get home. Or maybe it's in the Hephaestus ooc page, I remember seeing some logs there.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:09:07 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17097 on: May 19, 2015, 03:15:05 am »

Yeah, he was saying that the way they were used in the old system where people just did things with them wasn't how he'd pictured it - he wanted it to have a more lovecraftian feel, it'll grant you great power but there's consequences.
Oh, the differences between manips and amps were:
Manips:
-More precise than amps because they can imput exact coordinates and such
-Are safer because they don't kill you when overused plus you don't suffer the consequences
-Slower than amps; each manip action takes around 5-10 seconds to actually execute due to entering parameters
Amps:
-Less precise; you'd be less likely to throw a pebble with an amp than the pebble and all the other pebbles within a few inches
-You get whatever side effects there are, plus the headaches and stuff
-Faster than manips; they operate at the speed of thought, which makes them great for quick blunt attacks and such
-YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY AMMO
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17098 on: May 19, 2015, 04:07:17 am »

With manips you have to roll med to figure out how tired the brain is. Amp users can feel exactly how tired they are.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17099 on: May 19, 2015, 04:15:02 am »

Funnily enough this makes me perfect for both amp and manip work.
Well, except for my -1 in Uncon. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 ... 2205