Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496319 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16305 on: April 23, 2015, 01:00:02 am »

Wait, permadeath? Wasn't it just a retcon?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16306 on: April 23, 2015, 01:00:53 am »

Wait, permadeath? Wasn't it just a retcon?
Yeah, they're just putting Auron back on ship and putting Faith in.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16307 on: April 23, 2015, 01:14:19 am »

Not to begin with.

When piecewise posted the action to render auron unconscious prior to the retcon they wanted permadeath but piecewise  ruled that if you want someone dead you gotta kill them yourself.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16308 on: April 23, 2015, 01:22:05 am »

Wait what? I must've missed that post >__< link please.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16309 on: April 23, 2015, 01:28:32 am »

Which one?

The in thread post where he zaps me or the PM where he explains why im unconscious instesd if dead?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16310 on: April 23, 2015, 01:31:26 am »

The one where your teammates petitioned to permakill you.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16311 on: April 23, 2015, 01:38:21 am »

While I'm of the opinion that it would have been good to warn auron to stop and go back to his post before the shock(or for auron to at least say "hey, I know you ordered me to guard this spot, but I have good aux and can help with the comp, let me go instead"), afterwards the way Auron flies off the handle wasn't really conducive to proper advancement of the mission. So I'm more along the lines of "meh" on this issue.

Unholy, I know you like taking initiative, but it's always good to at least discuss things before going off on your own. Initiative is good, doing things without alreting your teammates(especially on a mission that requires good teamwork, especially after the initial plan went out the window) isn't. Discussion cuts down on misunderstandings and prevents electrical enemas :P(BTW, I would have been happy to trade places with you covering the bots if you had discussed things)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16312 on: April 23, 2015, 01:50:38 am »

Spoiler:  for empi (click to show/hide)

While I'm of the opinion that it would have been good to warn auron to stop and go back to his post before the shock(or for auron to at least say "hey, I know you ordered me to guard this spot, but I have good aux and can help with the comp, let me go instead"), afterwards the way Auron flies off the handle wasn't really conducive to proper advancement of the mission. So I'm more along the lines of "meh" on this issue.

Unholy, I know you like taking initiative, but it's always good to at least discuss things before going off on your own. Initiative is good, doing things without alreting your teammates(especially on a mission that requires good teamwork, especially after the initial plan went out the window) isn't. Discussion cuts down on misunderstandings and prevents electrical enemas :P(BTW, I would have been happy to trade places with you covering the bots if you had discussed things)
A warning would have averted the whole situation yes.
But you seem to be misunderstanding something, i was opening the door i was already standing in front of.
There was no running off, no deciding by myself that id tackle the computer. Simply an "im here, ima open it so the mission goes faster."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16313 on: April 23, 2015, 01:56:52 am »

A warning would have averted the whole situation yes.
But you seem to be misunderstanding something, i was opening the door i was already standing in front of.
There was no running off, no deciding by myself that id tackle the computer. Simply an "im here, ima open it so the mission goes faster."

Mentioning that might have avoided the whole thing. As it was, your action of hacking the door without discussion made it seem like you were gonna go to the computer too while you had been ordered to stay with thad. Like I said, something along the lines of "Hey, I can help get that door open while covering you guys" would have made things simpler :)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16314 on: April 23, 2015, 02:00:57 am »

Ah so a PM, no wonder it didn't turn up on search.

As ironic as this may sound, you at least have an ally of sorts in the case of Cael, since he's quite high ranking and all he wants is a tribunal back onboard the ship. The kind that ends up with the revoking of Blops privileges or the permission to work alongside some of your current teammates, not the severe kind either for that matter. No-one's going to be able to do anything against Auron as long as Cael wants a tribunal.

Best to calm down, those teammates of yours are jumpy as hell right now so they will do irrational things like shocking you for acting outside your designated role however well-intentioned it was (though Auron's reaction certainly didn't help, even though people getting shocked generally don't act too rationally either). As long as this returns to civility quickly enough, they don't have much of a case against you.

At the end of the day, what's done is done, and this retcon is probably in your favor anyway since there's now no real IC reason for them to bar Auron from joining another (hopefully less paranoia-inducing) Blops mission.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16315 on: April 23, 2015, 02:01:20 am »

Look, PW, when you get back on IRC, I'll pre-empt you and say I'm sorry.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16316 on: April 23, 2015, 02:04:08 am »

Was at work at tge time, had like 30 seconds to chabge my action so i just cut it in half.

But again, warning woulda fixed it. Not singling me out for the restrictions also would have worked.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16317 on: April 23, 2015, 02:11:31 am »

Was at work at tge time, had like 30 seconds to chabge my action so i just cut it in half.

But again, warning woulda fixed it. Not singling me out for the restrictions also would have worked.

Eh, like you said, a warning or discussion would have probably been best, but hey, what's done is done, so *shrug*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16318 on: April 23, 2015, 02:39:56 am »

Empiricist is apparently a monster and may have erased the giant wall of phalluses we lovingly crafted for PW on his return. D:<

You did react rather badly, though. It wouldn't have prevented the initial incident*, but not OOC kind of half threatening to murder everyone only not and IC screaming about what an asshole everyone was and how you weren't going to do anything would have prevented the second incident and the retcon.

*Though depending on how Auron's acted in the past, that might explain the restrictions/jumpiness in the first place.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16319 on: April 23, 2015, 02:53:16 am »

Empiricist is apparently a monster and may have erased the giant wall of phalluses we lovingly crafted for PW on his return. D:<
The command might just erase all incoming messages.

Which is why I gave it to Piecewise, so he can take on my title as the Phallus-Erasing Monstrosity ^__^

Also, sigged.
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 2205