Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496151 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16320 on: April 23, 2015, 03:03:31 am »

I wonder, could we assume Skylar and Xan are next to each other for badgering purposes?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16321 on: April 23, 2015, 03:44:00 am »

I wonder, could we assume Skylar and Xan are next to each other for badgering purposes?
Go for it, no promises I'll be responsive before morning though.

You know, ignoring that I am clearly at the computer right now... :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16322 on: April 23, 2015, 03:57:44 am »

Honestly I probably would but I can feel my body shutting down as I type this so imma post before I fall asleep on the keyboard.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16323 on: April 23, 2015, 04:01:33 am »

Honestly I probably would but I can feel my body shutting down as I type this so imma post before I fall asleep on the keyboard.
Yeah, I'd be doing that myself, but I have a few more things I need to get done tonight :/

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16324 on: April 23, 2015, 05:01:24 am »

I don't think Auron did anything wrong, and shouldn't have been shocked. However, with how poorly he reacted to the event, I do agree with retconing him out of there. The fate of 3 teams at once is resting on the Blops team, and he rendered himself not just useless but an active threat to the Blops team, simply based on his past reactions to friendly fire, even accidental.

I don't think he should have even been put on the blops mission team if people were going to treat him like that. It would have been better for everyone if the team leader had simply refused to let him come. Now that this happened though, considering his tendency to lash out, he needs to go.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16325 on: April 23, 2015, 06:21:30 am »

That and while I may be uninformed, I'm not entirely sure why Auron was under limits. It just almost seemed like the senior staff (pancaek mostly?) was picking on the guy. Go figure. That aside, my guy is on planet so.... Do well, please.
I'm sorry, what? How am I picking on the guy?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16326 on: April 23, 2015, 06:56:57 am »

I'm not sure why Joker team gets a replacement, really.  If there's a teammate they can't work with, and needs to be removed from the mission, why do you get another reinforcment to replace him?  If you're cut-off and in a dangerous situation, I'd like to see there be some IC consequences to IC choices.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16327 on: April 23, 2015, 07:12:20 am »

I'm not sure why Joker team gets a replacement, really.  If there's a teammate they can't work with, and needs to be removed from the mission, why do you get another reinforcment to replace him?  If you're cut-off and in a dangerous situation, I'd like to see there be some IC consequences to IC choices.
Probably because the OOC would spontaneously combust otherwise :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16328 on: April 23, 2015, 07:55:54 am »

Because it's a game and people are supposed to have fun. If the unfun reaches critical levels, then the fun police will come and nobody wants that. C:-)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16329 on: April 23, 2015, 07:58:01 am »

Probably because the OOC would spontaneously combust otherwise :P
Perfect! Down with the Retcon!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16330 on: April 23, 2015, 09:21:11 am »

You did react rather badly, though. It wouldn't have prevented the initial incident*, but not OOC kind of half threatening to murder everyone only not and IC screaming about what an asshole everyone was and how you weren't going to do anything would have prevented the second incident and the retcon.

*Though depending on how Auron's acted in the past, that might explain the restrictions/jumpiness in the first place.

To be perfectly honest, I find Auron's IC reaction perfectly in keeping with what I'd consider a normal response to being abruptly shocked in the nervous system for unclear reasons. The "I'll kill you all" OOC defense, I'll grant, is about as effective as it was the last time, however.

Kind of a shame he's apparently gotten retconned out, really. Would have been interesting to see how the situation played out. And seeing the consequences of what could be said to be a poor choice in personnel (not that Auron isn't a useful teammate, but that they chose to put him on the team with a crucial mission where it's critical that teammates trust one another and follow the plan to the letter).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:24:18 am by Harry Baldman »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16331 on: April 23, 2015, 09:39:20 am »

Should have just been kept IC, really.

I think I've already said my bit, though, we've all got prisoner implants, and you're the Joker team.. should be able to handle a personell problem without resorting to a GM 'fix it' button.  Retconning things so that nothing ever happened means there's no drama or tension.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16332 on: April 23, 2015, 11:46:18 am »

You did react rather badly, though. It wouldn't have prevented the initial incident*, but not OOC kind of half threatening to murder everyone only not and IC screaming about what an asshole everyone was and how you weren't going to do anything would have prevented the second incident and the retcon.

*Though depending on how Auron's acted in the past, that might explain the restrictions/jumpiness in the first place.

To be perfectly honest, I find Auron's IC reaction perfectly in keeping with what I'd consider a normal response to being abruptly shocked in the nervous system for unclear reasons. The "I'll kill you all" OOC defense, I'll grant, is about as effective as it was the last time, however.

Kind of a shame he's apparently gotten retconned out, really. Would have been interesting to see how the situation played out. And seeing the consequences of what could be said to be a poor choice in personnel (not that Auron isn't a useful teammate, but that they chose to put him on the team with a crucial mission where it's critical that teammates trust one another and follow the plan to the letter).
I would prefer not to retcon as well, the problem is that this situation is hard to resolve any other way. should we just leave auron there? Because he's not gonna trust anyone and they're not gonna trust him, and I'm gonna keep getting dozens of pms about how I should shock him or about how I shouldn't shock him. And the problem is that it mostly comes from OOC stuff. If I shock Auron out and then someone uses him to check for traps or as a meat shield while he's unconscious, and they do it because of things his player said in OOC, does that make sense in the game world? Would the joker team suddenly, without any real in world reason, become rabidly suspicious and questionably homicidal toward one of their members? Probably not.

If this sort of thing had occurred completely In character, then I would be more then happy to let you guys murder each other and screw the pooch on the mission. Because it would be RP and make sense. But characters being irrationally antagonistic to each other because of things that happened in the OOC thread or PMs isn't something I want. I don't want player grudges to ruin other people's fun.

So cool your collective butts and lets move on.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16333 on: April 23, 2015, 11:52:48 am »

Well, quite. There's character drama and then there's forum drama, and when the two intersect then the situation ought to get some rethinking done on it. I guess it's not so much a shame about the retcon, really, more of an opportunity for fun IC bickering wasted by worthless OOC bickering, to clarify my feelings on the issue.

EDIT: Though I do admit to being interested on who's exactly the authority on shocking/permadeathening people through deadly IRC. Is it the Council? I thought that was kind of OOC, y'know. Or is the Council also a representation of all the other brains Steve has in him, so that he's not represented only by piecewise?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:56:07 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16334 on: April 23, 2015, 11:58:46 am »

I'm pretty sure only Thaddeus and Milno have that sort of authority, since they're team leader and team leader's superior. And Steve, because Steve.
EDIT: Although I suppose Steve could decide to shock someone if someone else convinced him it was necessary.
Pages: 1 ... 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 ... 2205