Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496235 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16290 on: April 22, 2015, 11:52:54 pm »

But consider the fact that it is a high-priority spec-ops mission where underlings are meant to follow exact orders to the letter.
Yeah, but the underling in question seemed to be doing something more useful than what they were ordered to do. And I don't think it was Spec-ops once the phrase 'bum-rush' became part of the plan.
That and while I may be uninformed, I'm not entirely sure why Auron was under limits. It just almost seemed like the senior staff (pancaek mostly?) was picking on the guy. Go figure. That aside, my guy is on planet so.... Do well, please.

EDIT: Ah, there seems to be some sort of beef from beforehand. Ah well, I will quiet on the topic for now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:55:50 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16291 on: April 22, 2015, 11:55:35 pm »

But consider the fact that it is a high-priority spec-ops mission where underlings are meant to follow exact orders to the letter.
Yeah, but the underling in question seemed to be doing something more useful than what they were ordered to do. And I don't think it was Spec-ops once the phrase 'bum-rush' became part of the plan.
That and while I may be uninformed, I'm not entirely sure why Auron was under limits. It just almost seemed like the senior staff (pancaek mostly?) was picking on the guy. Go figure. That aside, my guy is on planet so.... Do well, please.
Yeah, I noticed that as well.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16292 on: April 22, 2015, 11:58:06 pm »

While I do think it'd be an interesting bit of character development for them to have to work past their animosity in order to save the people on the planet, I can understand the retconning if that's what's happening.
NOT IT
Ha! I'm already in mortal peril!

And I've already been useful!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: April 22, 2015, 11:58:25 pm »

People get kind of twitchy when objectives get extra sensitive, you know?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: April 23, 2015, 12:02:17 am »

EDIT: Ah, there seems to be some sort of beef from beforehand. Ah well, I will quiet on the topic for now.
It was because Auron once blew up almost the entire Haephestus shipyard somewhat by accident because someone accidentally shot him or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: April 23, 2015, 12:04:48 am »

It was because Auron once blew up almost the entire Haephestus shipyard somewhat by accident because someone accidentally shot him or something.
Ah, so it's just a big misunderstanding.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: April 23, 2015, 12:07:10 am »

Auron is basically the Sword's whipping boy. :(

I'd happily volunteer to take his place (even though I don't really agree with what's happening), but I'm not sure Jobasio's loadout is exactly Black Ops material. I have a rifle and a sword, that's about it. No special gear like goop throwers and cutting lasers.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: April 23, 2015, 12:14:23 am »

No, it's more like he's the ... not sure I should make that comparison, but he's largely persecuted by people because of his magpie-like ways and general abrasiveness. People don't trust him very much for whatever reason (he's a fairly good teammate though), so they're more likely to do things like what happened there.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: April 23, 2015, 12:17:23 am »

No, it's more like he's the ... not sure I should make that comparison, but he's largely persecuted by people because of his magpie-like ways and general abrasiveness. People don't trust him very much for whatever reason (he's a fairly good teammate though), so they're more likely to do things like what happened there.
I mean, I can get doing that but... there are much better targets for it, seriously.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: April 23, 2015, 12:20:10 am »

Yeah, but I'm much less threatening.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16300 on: April 23, 2015, 12:23:37 am »

But, like, when was the last time Auron turned into a flesh horror?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: April 23, 2015, 12:29:47 am »

Note that the kinetic amplifier comes in a glove by default, unless you specify otherwise.
Okay. I guess I've wasted my money on an implant I won't be able to use any time soon, rather than an equally priced and usable item. That's unfortunate.
You could always just get a regular robot body. They're free anyway.
Really? I can't find anything about them on the wiki, what are they called?
They're just called robot bodies. They're just the things they replace your fleshy body with if it gets destroyed.

He did attempt to murder a commanding officer...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:31:37 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: April 23, 2015, 12:40:38 am »

Well, right now I'm much less threatening. I don't have an amp, I don't even have a knife to !!surgery!! people with.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: April 23, 2015, 12:56:42 am »

So there has been some tension in the current Joker mission. I'll assume you're all aware.

The current plan is that we're going to defuse the situation in a way that is as fair as I can make it.

Namely, Auron is getting retconned out of the mission and will be replaced with someone else.
Uh, not to stir up any shit but from my perspective it looks like Auron has had every right to be angry about being tazed out of no where.

Thank you, finally someone who gets it.

He did attempt to murder a commanding officer...
Attempted to maim, not kill.

Ah,so it's justa big misunderstanding.
Honestly im suspected it was intentional actually.

3 turns in Auron gets zapped for nothing due to excessive restrictions on his allowed actions.
Cue the angry shouting and demands for shit to be rectified that is completely justified and frankly to be expected.
Powers that be sue piecewise for permadeath.

Yeah, not exactly what youd call an appropriate response to a "misunderstanding".
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: April 23, 2015, 12:59:08 am »

The current option discussed on IRC is to replace Auron with Faith for this mission.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 2205