Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496481 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16185 on: April 20, 2015, 06:21:42 pm »

The difference is that in your scenario i disobeyed orders due to lack of understanding, in my analogy you followed instructions perfectly but did something to keep yourself entertained because you werent told you couldnt.
Only by a weird definition of "follow orders" that relies on door placement and your initial position to fulfill. You followed orders as far as "don't get too far away," but not as far as "stay near me" or "do things related to what I'm doing."

A better analogy might be if somebody asks you to come to the store with them, so you agree, arrive at the store, and immediately wander off into a different section. By a certain definition, yes, you are "with them." But it's not a very useful definition, and it doesn't look like you were trying very hard to understand their orders in the first place.

((Yay, lets all electrocute the guy with +3 aux while hes trying to open a door so all you dipshits can gain entry to the ship proper and get on with the mission despite having full knowledge that last time he got electroccuted without reason he tried shooting the offender and blew up a shipyard.

Brilliant fucking plan right there.))
Also, I think I'm getting a hint as to why everyone's so touchy about you messing with sensitive electronics in the first place. Would you want an angry Xan on point? Even assuming it was a complete fuckup on their part and you followed orders perfectly, your immediate response to being shocked out of those orders was to swear at everyone, imply you were going to shoot someone, and lawyer your way into everyone else being at fault.

Those are not great qualities for an independent operative in a sensitive operation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16186 on: April 20, 2015, 08:24:00 pm »

@Lenglon: You might want to send a PM to piecewise to get this resolved ASAP.

Or, hey, is piecewise on IRC? If yes, can anybody ask him to take a look on Lenglon's situation? Because I kinda need to know what to do here and where my character is.
I'm on IRC now.  Come, yell at me about how Cael is a fascist dictator and I am a sadistic bastard.

Also randomly talking about that game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16187 on: April 20, 2015, 08:27:45 pm »

I thought flying would let me get to Lyra in time, since I assume I'm quite faster then a jeep.
Oh well, got to sleep now, I'll think about what to do tomorrow.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16188 on: April 20, 2015, 08:30:28 pm »

*oppression intensifies*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16189 on: April 20, 2015, 08:35:07 pm »

Damnit Caellath, OOC thread!
Or, since you're possibly watching the mission live, you could get comms to them and do it IC. Maybe.

You probably noticed then that I had already posted nearly the same thing in the OOC thread but repeated it in the IC thread after hours without a response/palpable result because I thought Unholy might have missed it. And Milno can't exactly guess what Auron is going to do and comm the correct course of action in that situation, that would be actually metagamey. The reason I sent that message was to make sure it hadn't been a simple reading mistake and Unholy really wanted to stay on that course of action. As for the message to Remalle, it's simply because he had written his post assuming Auron would open the door and he would only have to assist in opening it.

Please make informed remarks.
Uh. Informed remarks? You were cluttering up the IC mission thread with OOC. I called you on it.
Am I making it up? Am I imagining things? No, I am not. Sorry.

In other news: Oh man we have an actual kitchen now. :o This is the BEST part of the change. Oh goody.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16190 on: April 20, 2015, 08:54:42 pm »

I thought flying would let me get to Lyra in time, since I assume I'm quite faster then a jeep.
Oh well, got to sleep now, I'll think about what to do tomorrow.
you and me both. apparently your in-flight speed matches my on-foot speed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16191 on: April 20, 2015, 08:58:50 pm »

I dunno, cats can run pretty damn fast.
Sig! Onol

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16192 on: April 20, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »

@Yoink: Your idea of cluttering is strange to say the least, but I'd rather avoid a meaningless argument like I had with Unholy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16193 on: April 20, 2015, 10:11:19 pm »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16194 on: April 20, 2015, 10:17:43 pm »

People could argue in a way that doesn't incite feelings of  >:( on either side. Sarcasm usually does that, sadly, despite being a defense mechanism in arguments. You can argue...and then you can make implied ideas in your arguments ._.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16195 on: April 20, 2015, 10:20:57 pm »

@Irony
Dont be absurd this is only the fault of whoever set Steves "Zap Auron" requirements to "if hes being useful without permission"

And i never implied i was going to shoot someone, i implied that shocking me without reason is a terrible, terrible idea.

And of course im gonna crack the shits about getting zapped for no reason, ive never done anything on mission to warrant such treatment. Ive never overloaded a manipulator, never went flesh horror, never got infected by alien whatsits.
The only thing ive ever done is loot stuff when it was safely possible, get in one fight with another player and made one OOC joke about inmate genocide.

Hell not even Xan was restricted this much and he fucked everyone over constantly.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16196 on: April 20, 2015, 10:21:21 pm »

I am disappointed in everyone who didn't vote for hardness as a stat.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16197 on: April 20, 2015, 10:24:07 pm »

I think I wasn't restricted as much because I got infamous for incredibly deadly incompetence while Auron got infamous for being crazy about looting and being really good at it.
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16198 on: April 20, 2015, 10:52:41 pm »

And i never implied i was going to shoot someone, i implied that shocking me without reason is a terrible, terrible idea.
Then why mention the "tried to shoot the offender and blew up a shipyard" bit?

And of course im gonna crack the shits about getting zapped for no reason, ive never done anything on mission to warrant such treatment. Ive never overloaded a manipulator, never went flesh horror, never got infected by alien whatsits.
The only thing ive ever done is loot stuff when it was safely possible, get in one fight with another player and made one OOC joke about inmate genocide.

Hell not even Xan was restricted this much and he fucked everyone over constantly.
You might ask whoever's shocking you why they're so jumpy about it, then.

That said, it's probably worth noting that if anything at all goes wrong this mission, everyone dies. Quite possibly everyone on M19, and definitely everyone on both M20 teams. Xan probably wouldn't even have been considered for such a mission if there was the slightest suspicion he might do anything at all to fuck it up.

I am disappointed in everyone who didn't vote for hardness as a stat.
I can explain!

My acid test for the stats were hammy declarations in the vein of "A test of ____!" or "An astounding display of ____!" Fortitude fit that pattern the best, despite being less humorous than either of the other two options.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16199 on: April 20, 2015, 11:04:14 pm »

@Xan,
Because me getting a few extra tokens is so much more detrimental to the mission than you blowing up an alien spaceship before it gets looted. :P

@Irony,
To illustrate my point.
By the same reasoning i shouldnt have been accepted if i was suspect and therefore the shock therapy is even more pointless simply by virtue if my being accepted because i am obviously above suspicion.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 2205