Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496562 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16155 on: April 20, 2015, 02:20:19 pm »

Damnit Caellath, OOC thread!
Or, since you're possibly watching the mission live, you could get comms to them and do it IC. Maybe.

You probably noticed then that I had already posted nearly the same thing in the OOC thread but repeated it in the IC thread after hours without a response/palpable result because I thought Unholy might have missed it. And Milno can't exactly guess what Auron is going to do and comm the correct course of action in that situation, that would be actually metagamey. The reason I sent that message was to make sure it hadn't been a simple reading mistake and Unholy really wanted to stay on that course of action. As for the message to Remalle, it's simply because he had written his post assuming Auron would open the door and he would only have to assist in opening it.

Please make informed remarks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:29:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16156 on: April 20, 2015, 02:59:55 pm »

Considering Mesk's bots, what would happen if he got the distributed neural system?  Would it regrow his head no problem them?  Would it only work if he got genemodded first, then the beat-tek system?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16157 on: April 20, 2015, 03:11:22 pm »

((Yay, lets all electrocute the guy with +3 aux while hes trying to open a door so all you dipshits can gain entry to the ship proper and get on with the mission despite having full knowledge that last time he got electroccuted without reason he tried shooting the offender and blew up a shipyard.

Brilliant fucking plan right there.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16158 on: April 20, 2015, 03:15:43 pm »

Considering last time someone did not follow orders in the blackops team things went to total shit, I don't blame them for trying to maintain order.

Edit: why not just talk about what you want to do and ask for permission?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:17:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16159 on: April 20, 2015, 03:18:11 pm »

The hell do you mean not following orders?

I removed my action to run off to the computer core like they wanted, no-one said i couldnt let the others out of the room.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16160 on: April 20, 2015, 03:22:21 pm »

You aren't in a room, you're in a hallway. If Auron tried to open the door he'd have to move away from Thaddeus to get to that door, therefore disobeying the team leader's orders - which were staying with him along with Dubley.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16161 on: April 20, 2015, 03:23:09 pm »

I think they just wanted you to stay with Nav and renegade, then call you when the way to the computer was free.

EDIT: ninja'd.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16162 on: April 20, 2015, 03:23:25 pm »

Auron, stay with me.
The rest of you, see if you can hack the door, or cut through it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16163 on: April 20, 2015, 03:35:23 pm »

You aren't in a room, you're in a hallway. If Auron tried to open the door he'd have to move away from Thaddeus to get to that door, therefore disobeying the team leader's orders - which were staying with him along with Dubley.
My previous action was to bumrush the control room, i was literally in front of the hallway door the whole goddamn time.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16164 on: April 20, 2015, 03:39:15 pm »

And Pan was closer to Thaddeus but he sent Pan to follow the computer grab group while ordering you to stay with him.

"Anyways, Dubley, Auron, stay with me."

I think it can't get any clearer than that.
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16165 on: April 20, 2015, 03:48:23 pm »

Speaking of Distributed Neural Tissue - do you think we should maybe create a variation of this where it's distributed not as "active" mind, but rather "passive" mind back-up? Sure, making a play for a headless zombie in case of a headshot is nice, but actually keeping your stats/skills if simply reduced to a head might outweigh the benefit. And you would still "survive" in the long run with your brains blown out, just maybe not act in this particular mission.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16166 on: April 20, 2015, 03:55:13 pm »

Piecewise doesn't like brain backups very much. So it would probably have some horrible side effects. Or have a high chance of death or at least the genemod not working. Or require something like +4 End. Or all of the above.

It would however make human bodies potentially much more useful than robobodies, since you need to loose your entire body to die AND do not loose any stats if killed.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:57:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16167 on: April 20, 2015, 03:57:01 pm »

Gotta let people get permakilled, yeah. It ain't much of a war without a funeral, is it?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16168 on: April 20, 2015, 03:58:17 pm »

Caellath there are only two ways of reading "stay with me".

Firstly, to stand with him in which case id first need to have already been next to him. Which i wasnt.
Secondly,  to stay in the same room as him. Which would be the section of hallway in which i was already standing.

Logic and common sense dictates that the second option is the appropriate interpretation for this situation, but even if you choose to ignore those virtues there is literally no reason why i couldnt open the door and then walk over to him for the excessively literal interpretation.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16169 on: April 20, 2015, 04:03:44 pm »

Well, brain backups are already possible, right? And this should still be more fun than just placing a "saved state" behind on the Sword - you're taking your ticket to resurrectionland with you to the warzone!

But mostly I'm wondering why "active" distribution is possible and readily available, while "passive" (which, it appears, should be easier to accomplish) might end up unavailable or at least even more expensive than "active". Metagame reasons notwithstanding, of course - purely from in-universe POV.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 ... 2205