Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491818 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15435 on: April 09, 2015, 02:49:04 am »

Oh there'll be an attempt at least. The two of them can't be on the same ship without encountering each other, can they?
During the mission would be a good time to do it. Pancaek and Miya Wil be off-ship, although Milno will still be onboard.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: April 09, 2015, 02:51:43 am »

That's pretty much the way it'll go regardless of what I do IC, even if Milno did get official permission to put the boots to me. I'll only run into him when the missions start, and that's pretty much railroaded from then on in regard to Xan's actions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: April 09, 2015, 03:22:55 am »

Again, I think it would be best for the HRB and AS to just have a +2 AUX requirement.
The council was thinking a +1 aux would be enough of a requirement for the robobody, to offset the fact that it now costs as much as a battlesuit/assaultsuit instead of being a bit cheaper. But if you want +2, that's fine by me.

15 tokens, in my humble opinion, are completely out of the blue and not nearly close. It's designed to be a smaller, cheaper and less sophisticated version of a battlesuit/assaultsuit (depending on the armor loadout). 14 tokens is the least way to go for it... but, maybe 13 or lower - and probably keep an eye out for the Protectorate suit, since it's roughly comparable in terms of armoring (in regards to battleplate, at least) and intended purpose.

It originally cost 18 tokens, so it also got a discount. And it does have extra features, such as a flight pack (not jump, but full flight) being standard. It's also better (or at least as well) armored as battlesuit plate/Milnoplate, and has quit decent mobility, and is powered on its own (protectorate suit needs exoskeleton or very high strength (genemod maybe) to be able to decently move with it). And there might be a version sans flight pack for 2 tokens less.

Head out to the Hangar.
"General Sir Robot Titanic Overlord Sir Miyamoto Sir Sir! I would like to requisition what is listed on the manifest as a 'Mind Fuck Gun'! I wish to verify the effects and potential use in the field and therefore pledge to write an appropiate post-combat report SIR!
Wrangle with Avatar of Miyamoto from vantage point gently bouncing on stilts.

You sure? I don't think it'll help that much against the Haebi, but I put you on the list regardless.

So, how about we just go with the Assaultsuit requiring +2 aux and costing fifteen tokens, identical to the BS.  The HRB costs the same, with +1 aux as the council suggested, and gets a 2-token discount if bought without rockets, like we decided before.  Yes, technically it has less material than an AS, but it's virtually identical to a mobility AS in function, so having the same price seems fair.

Ok for me. How much was the rocket pack if bought separately later on? 3 to 4 right? Also, how big was the assaultsuit? I remember 'a bit smaller than a battlesuit' but I don't remember it fitting through doors.

I don't see why PW would object to any of this.  The AS has always been designed to cost the same as a BS, and the HRB stats were decided by the council.  Would this mean the Assaultsuit can be prototyped this mission?

I'd still need that feature list though (same as for the heavy robobody). Sorry for being an ass about it, but we really can't drop with it if pw doesn't know what the stuff we have does. Maybe just link to a Hep post where it was summarized, so we can just copypaste to wiki? Then you can nicely format it later.

Next to that, you'll need to find a tester. I'm still trying to get us going ASAP so other people can play again.

Also, when the AS becomes standard, can we swap every player-owned BS with an AS?  I think it would be easier for PW, and would be nicer to people like Toaster- and anyone else who buys a BS before they get phased out.

You'll have to ask that to their players, but maybe toaster can test it this mission, and it becomes a standard armory item after this? As for Gilgamesh, I'd rather buy him back myself if Paris decides he'd like the upgrade, than let the suit disappear from the game. What about it Paris?

Also, I just got paid seven tokens.  Technically, I also own five of the tokens in the team fund, although that depends on how willing RC is to let me take back a donation.  I'd be willing to loan you tokens to help you buy an HRB immediately after this mission.

I dunno if I wanna let people use the fund as a personal bank account. It shouldn't exactly hurt our finances, but it might make things slightly more complicated down the line. Hmm. Ask me again after the mission, once you actually might need them and I have a better view on how finances are, ok?

Here's our remodeled living area plans.
What parts of these are avatar sized? If none, maybe switch the briefing room and pantheon and enlarge that, so Miya can then at least give his briefings in the same room as the people getting them? Finally, can i use the testing room?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:27:15 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: April 09, 2015, 03:38:19 am »

Also, when the AS becomes standard, can we swap every player-owned BS with an AS?  I think it would be easier for PW, and would be nicer to people like Toaster- and anyone else who buys a BS before they get phased out.

You'll have to ask that to their players, but maybe toaster can test it this mission, and it becomes a standard armory item after this? As for Gilgamesh, I'd rather buy him back myself if Paris decides he'd like the upgrade, than let the suit disappear from the game. What about it Paris?

I'd personally rather the Battlesuit *not* get phased out, at least not in favor of specifically the Assault Suit. Kind of in the same way I prefer an open OS to a tightly controlled one. I don't see a lot of reason to force the upgrade path to go through the new MMI devices if it doesn't have to. Consider them 'functionally equivalent' if you'd like, but Skylar would rather have a battlesuit and a keyboard.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15439 on: April 09, 2015, 03:40:53 am »

I've moved the infirmary and the mess hall.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: April 09, 2015, 03:42:35 am »

GO TO BED. Wait, I should be telling myself that...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: April 09, 2015, 03:46:02 am »

GO TO BED. Wait, I should be telling myself that...
Wait, I should be telling myself that...
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: April 09, 2015, 03:49:25 am »

I'd personally rather the Battlesuit *not* get phased out, at least not in favor of specifically the Assault Suit. Kind of in the same way I prefer an open OS to a tightly controlled one. I don't see a lot of reason to force the upgrade path to go through the new MMI devices if it doesn't have to. Consider them 'functionally equivalent' if you'd like, but Skylar would rather have a battlesuit and a keyboard.

I don't think he meant 'fully replace, battlesuit disappears' and more 'people who have one can replace it'.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15443 on: April 09, 2015, 04:31:43 am »

@RC: Are you kidding? I'm not leaving Gilgamesh even if he starts beeping and talking about self destructing. Even if it wasn't Gilgamesh, I'd still prefer the Battlesuit, mostly because I like how it looks. Not to mention that in order to keep using the rainbow cannon, I'd have to attach his arm to the new BS, since I have yet to figure out how to detach it, and that would look weird.

@Sword remodel: Looks good. Too bad I was asleep at the time. Anybody got the logs?

Who wants to bet on some permadeaths due to ping pong?
I imagine an anime-esque ping pong battle, with people jumping in the air and hitting the balls with an absurd amount of strength while screaming, the balls bursting into flames that form the images of mythical creatures, the table and the racket breaking from the strength of the blows, people hit by the ball being knocked into walls and the spectators making absurdly long dialogues between each shot in anime time about what secret long lost never before seen technique each of the player is using and screaming things like "believe in yourself!" or "I believe in you!" or "you fight for all of us!".
Like this?
Yes, although the video reminded me I forgot to mention gravity-defying boobs. Sometimes with both meanings of the word.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: April 09, 2015, 04:35:49 am »

Breast implants consisting of brains with gravity amps?

What, it's late at night and my brain gets odd.
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15445 on: April 09, 2015, 04:41:13 am »

Oh look, some logs! (they're very long...)

http://pastebin.com/z2Cy18hp

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: April 09, 2015, 04:41:37 am »

I wonder if gravity automanips are used in zero G theme parks.
That would be a conspiracy and a half.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: April 09, 2015, 05:27:03 am »

For no particular reason, mission briefing for missions 19 and 20 (especially 20) reminded me of this.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: April 09, 2015, 06:11:27 am »

Are you kidding? I'm not leaving Gilgamesh even if he starts beeping and talking about self destructing. Even if it wasn't Gilgamesh, I'd still prefer the Battlesuit, mostly because I like how it looks. Not to mention that in order to keep using the rainbow cannon, I'd have to attach his arm to the new BS, since I have yet to figure out how to detach it, and that would look weird.

That's a relief! But, in case you ever change your mind, the offer still stand.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: April 09, 2015, 06:41:33 am »

Are you kidding? I'm not leaving Gilgamesh even if he starts beeping and talking about self destructing. Even if it wasn't Gilgamesh, I'd still prefer the Battlesuit, mostly because I like how it looks. Not to mention that in order to keep using the rainbow cannon, I'd have to attach his arm to the new BS, since I have yet to figure out how to detach it, and that would look weird.

That's a relief! But, in case you ever change your mind, the offer still stand.
Which brings up an interesting point.

How much is an extra arm for a battlesuit? :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 2205