Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492765 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15375 on: April 08, 2015, 02:56:35 pm »

@Syvarris: I think first you need to determine what the MMI is going to be used for. Because yes, moving a robotic body around is not that hard. But if it would replace things like Aux rolls made for flying, then it needs an appropriate penalty. Once again, if I'm misunderstanding something, say so.

I second this. What is the precise function/intent?

Also, I feel Aux is really only out-of-control because PW has allowed certain things to be created without suitable penalties, such as the Aux hardpoint, which should *not* be as good as someone with an equivalent Con skill, but has thus far been treated as such. I feel there are a few ways to fix this, but we'd have to chat with PW about them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15376 on: April 08, 2015, 03:11:44 pm »

Why not give the Assault Suit several +0 requirements (mind and end, perhaps) and maybe +1 aux?  It'd prevent someone from minmaxing hard to fit into it, yet making it more accessible than a battlesuit (which I believe is the intent).  Have the MMI implant count as both a brain slot and gene slot?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15377 on: April 08, 2015, 03:28:55 pm »

Quote from: Paris
@Syvarris: I think first you need to determine what the MMI is going to be used for. Because yes, moving a robotic body around is not that hard. But if it would replace things like Aux rolls made for flying, then it needs an appropriate penalty. Once again, if I'm misunderstanding something, say so.

Why would it replace aux rolls for flying?  The only thing I ever said it would replace is an aux requirement for even buying a suit.

But, just to be clear, here is it's purpose: To allow humans to interface with machines without needing any major (I.E. braincasing) procedures.

That means people on Heph who're human, like Maurice and Anton, can make use of possession software, if they wanted to.  It means that any aux users can make aux rolls without needing free hands.  It means that we can design vehicles with a smaller and simpler cockpit; you just need a plug, not keyboards or anything.  It allows operation of those vehicles at the speed of thought.

It was never intended to replace any rolls.  In fact, the original purpose wasn't even to replace a stat requirement, since BS's didn't have any.  It was purely an RP device, because it didn't have any serious in-game effect (which is also why it was going to be free).

The idea that it would lift the aux requirement only came because that seems logical; a battlesuit would logically have an aux requirement because you operate it with keyboards.  An assaultsuit logically wouldn't, because you operate it by moving your arms and legs.  If PW doesn't want powerful equipment being buyable by unskilled people, then just have the assaultsuit keep the aux requirement- it's slightly illogical, but you often can't have 'balanced' AND 'perfectly logical'; It is, after all, logical that some things are inherently better than others.

And no, I'm not saying having things be balanced is bad.  I think balanced is better than logical, because this game would be far less fun if we revered logic as the utmost goal.

Again, I think it would be best for the HRB and AS to just have a +2 AUX requirement.  Giving the MMI an aux requirement is the height of stupidity, because then anyone with a robot body could pilot an AS with no aux skill at all.

Quote from: Kri
Also, I feel Aux is really only out-of-control because PW has allowed certain things to be created without suitable penalties, such as the Aux hardpoint, which should *not* be as good as someone with an equivalent Con skill, but has thus far been treated as such. I feel there are a few ways to fix this, but we'd have to chat with PW about them.

Yeah, I've been saying pretty much exactly this for awhile.  PW is very bad at solving these problems; See the name of the Tinker thread, and the fact that neither my char nor his exploits have been killed yet.

@Toaster

The goal of the assaultsuit isn't to be more accessible.  It's to incorporate new armor designs into a battlesuit, and fix the various issues with the battlesuit design while we're at it.  Note the fact that the AS was fully designed before the stat system was changed, and assumed that the BS had no stat requirement.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15378 on: April 08, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15379 on: April 08, 2015, 03:58:22 pm »

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15380 on: April 08, 2015, 04:16:51 pm »

I swear though, the emotional whiplash he's gonna feel when he just finished recovering from the shock of his god/father figure taking away his powers, IC developing a new motivation for life, and then he heads out of the infirmary and finds your guy like he is by accident?
I'm almost glad he isn't allowed amps.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15381 on: April 08, 2015, 04:28:31 pm »

I swear though, the emotional whiplash he's gonna feel when he just finished recovering from the shock of his god/father figure taking away his powers, IC developing a new motivation for life, and then he heads out of the infirmary and finds your guy like he is by accident?
I'm almost glad he isn't allowed amps.
Speaking of which you should probably bold your action so that piecewise will see it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15382 on: April 08, 2015, 04:33:43 pm »

Did I really forget to do that?
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.
I'd assumed it was being skipped for now in order to facilitate mission stuff but if I just forgot to put in a bold, well...
Derp
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15383 on: April 08, 2015, 04:54:45 pm »

Also, now that you're here: right now council thinks that 15 tokens and +1 aux requirement makes sense for the heavy robobody. Would you (or anyone else) think that makes sense and is balanced?
+1 Aux maybe does, maybe not: See Syv's arguments for Assaultsuit reqs.
15 tokens, in my humble opinion, are completely out of the blue and not nearly close. It's designed to be a smaller, cheaper and less sophisticated version of a battlesuit/assaultsuit (depending on the armor loadout). 14 tokens is the least way to go for it... but, maybe 13 or lower - and probably keep an eye out for the Protectorate suit, since it's roughly comparable in terms of armoring (in regards to battleplate, at least) and intended purpose.

@Xan Go for it. Carve the skinsuit off the guy's flesh with your bare hands and take it for yourself, especially now that he's directly threatened the only source of justice in this irradiated wasteland of a paramilitary unit - Judge Pancaek. That guy might even let it slide if you appear to be a hero rescuing him from the eldritch flesh-clutches. Xan the Savior of Judge Pancaek From Monstrous Fleshhorror, who'd even think of that!..
You know you want it. Go for it. Redeem your name and retake your legacy. Be yourself again, Xan the Xan.

*grabs popcorn*
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15384 on: April 08, 2015, 05:06:52 pm »

Spoiler: oops (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:17:18 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15385 on: April 08, 2015, 05:14:44 pm »

@Nik: You should give him your knife so he can cut it without damaging it.
@Xan; good idea, it's tectonically not an amp.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15386 on: April 08, 2015, 05:16:27 pm »

FOR JUSTICE

Although it will be a while until I get out of the infirmary.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15387 on: April 08, 2015, 05:18:57 pm »

Xan, if you touch the skinsuit I will shoot you.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15388 on: April 08, 2015, 05:26:28 pm »

Im wanna shoot everybody.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15389 on: April 08, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »

Aw c'mon, I'm much better suited for the thing than he is!
I think, I haven't looked at his character sheet.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 2205