Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486393 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14565 on: March 30, 2015, 02:06:22 pm »

And if you're in a robobody, amps get even better. As long as your braincase is intact and you have a single camera, you're just as deadly as before, not so for con and uncon. Proof: pancaek and morul were very badly torn up on the cult mission, yet were still able to do stuff simply by dragging/being dragged places and amping it up.

Edit: ninja'd by pw.
ok

To counter that, we'll make implants use int.

And have I ever said someone's manip battery ran out? I mean that honestly, I can't remember ever saying that. Ammo counts tend to get lost in general.

Int for what then, exactly? And true, the ammo thing is rarely brought up. Though it might now that we have wonderful wiki gnomes practically fighting to get edits.

We could also adapt the price of amps or manips to rectifiy it, or remove manip battery usage.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:12:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14566 on: March 30, 2015, 02:20:18 pm »

I'd go against both changing amp price and manip battery usage since both are quite justified in-universe. And, well, Int has always been good for figuring out things (instead of Intu) and justifying not to roleplay a dimwit! :P

Also, there is that hands-free manipulator harness the Armory Master devised...
In any way, I believe that the main benefit the field manipulators hold before the amps is that they are external to the brain and, in that, less prone to killing you. After all, even if an overload happens, most of the time you can throw it away - certainly something that cannot happen with amps; and with the reworked rolls system, I feel that we might see even more critical failures, resulting in nasty consequences - of which manipulator-users are mostly free. And then again the dreaded mysterious long-term effects of amp usage on your brain; there is a reason I have not installed one for so long, even though I had enough Exo before the respec.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14567 on: March 30, 2015, 02:21:01 pm »

Are the costs of robot body upgrades being worked out? Presuming those aren't given upon request, of course.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14568 on: March 30, 2015, 02:24:22 pm »

Hey, I'm just pointing it out, if everybody else thinks it's balanced that's fine by me.

And I know you could think that, but I do feel like even for a full con user getting will will get you farther than int. If only because the former is forced upon you (to resist stuff) much more often, and intuition can replace int rolls.

And then there's general knowledge, which might replace quite some int rolls.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14569 on: March 30, 2015, 02:41:49 pm »

Why aren't there stuff like retractable claws for fleshy people? I'm just thinking that there could be some really cool future implants for fleshy people. Like venomus fangs. And gills.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14570 on: March 30, 2015, 02:42:14 pm »

@Doris: Why don't you actually try finding out what the radioactive thing does? Try wacking someone on the head with it or using will on it or talking to it or touching it or tasting it.

Seeing as it's radioactive enough that my suit hates it, and that MK1 suits have no protection against radiation whatsoever I'll pass on mr banner's gamma schlong.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14571 on: March 30, 2015, 02:55:15 pm »

@Doris: Why don't you actually try finding out what the radioactive thing does? Try wacking someone on the head with it or using will on it or talking to it or touching it or tasting it.

Seeing as it's radioactive enough that my suit hates it, and that MK1 suits have no protection against radiation whatsoever I'll pass on mr banner's gamma schlong.

MK I does have protection against radiation.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14572 on: March 30, 2015, 02:58:00 pm »

Why aren't there stuff like retractable claws for fleshy people? I'm just thinking that there could be some really cool future implants for fleshy people. Like venomus fangs. And gills.
Take your tokens to the doctor.
don't roll a 1
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14573 on: March 30, 2015, 03:23:46 pm »

Piecewise. What happens to sub-exoskeletons designed by Nikitian Greiss? Models "Hope", "Faith" and "Confidence"?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14574 on: March 30, 2015, 03:34:36 pm »

And if you're in a robobody, amps get even better. As long as your braincase is intact and you have a single camera, you're just as deadly as before, not so for con and uncon. Proof: pancaek and morul were very badly torn up on the cult mission, yet were still able to do stuff simply by dragging/being dragged places and amping it up.

Edit: ninja'd by pw.
ok

To counter that, we'll make implants use int.

And have I ever said someone's manip battery ran out? I mean that honestly, I can't remember ever saying that. Ammo counts tend to get lost in general.

Int for what then, exactly? And true, the ammo thing is rarely brought up. Though it might now that we have wonderful wiki gnomes practically fighting to get edits.

We could also adapt the price of amps or manips to rectifiy it, or remove manip battery usage.
Uncon user wants Uncon to be buffed eh? Hm. Int will decide the number of implants you can handle.

Int is also still used for the brain points for handling Manip use. So there's that.

What do you want me to do? Just get rid of int entirely and merge it with will to form "Brain" and make everyone use that for brain points?  Because I understand the fact that Int is less used then will on average, but I'm not sure how you want me to fix that, and how just dropping prices will effect anything. I mean, if we're gonna remove ammo then they're gonna be identical to amps and we might as well just remove them in general and populate Uncon with different kinds of weapons.

Piecewise. What happens to sub-exoskeletons designed by Nikitian Greiss? Models "Hope", "Faith" and "Confidence"?
I dunno. They don't really fit into the dynamic of the new system. Plus normal exoskeletons were cheapened to make them easier to get hold of, so they probably won't exist anymore, at least not as they are.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here are the robody/synthflesh modifications as they exist right now.  Ideas for more as well as ideas for genemods, post them now because they're what I'm working on.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14575 on: March 30, 2015, 03:39:25 pm »

I dunno. They don't really fit into the dynamic of the new system. Plus normal exoskeletons were cheapened to make them easier to get hold of, so they probably won't exist anymore, at least not as they are.

Could we say those models get upgraded into full-fledged exoskeleton? For free, for nominal price or be refunded like decompensators?
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14576 on: March 30, 2015, 03:40:24 pm »

Does pan's stealthskin count as a modification? I need to know this because I'm really interested in those mobility feet.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14577 on: March 30, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »

this stuff.

Also sticky things to let people frog it up walls maybe?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14578 on: March 30, 2015, 03:44:28 pm »

I see we have a Xan Brain mod now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14579 on: March 30, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »

I think laser eyes are too powerful. If simple eye can archieve same cutting power as actual laser rifle then why rifle cannot be minimized into pistol using same tech?
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 2205