Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485733 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14550 on: March 30, 2015, 11:48:45 am »

Exactly, we made pimp canes out of their corpses apparently.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14551 on: March 30, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »

Here's a question for you: Gene mods require End to get. What should robody and synthflesh body mods require? Aux? Or just End again?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: March 30, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »

I guess Aux?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: March 30, 2015, 12:45:05 pm »

Aux makes more sense, since it is about controlling what your organism wasn't originally intended to control.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:30 pm »

Aux or Will?
Sig! Onol

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: March 30, 2015, 12:54:16 pm »

Aux seems reasonable. By the way, do all robobody mods also have a synthflesh variant?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: March 30, 2015, 01:09:04 pm »

Dex.
You have to be cordinated enough to send the proper command impulses to the proper parts of your robobody.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14557 on: March 30, 2015, 01:10:18 pm »

Aux seems reasonable. By the way, do all robobody mods also have a synthflesh variant?
The mods can be used for either. I may introduce some that are unique to one platform, but so far they're interchangeable.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: March 30, 2015, 01:18:02 pm »

The mods can be used for either. I may introduce some that are unique to one platform, but so far they're interchangeable.
Cool, are you going to post prices and a description for each mod? Because I'm certainly interested in buying some, but some of them are somewhat vague.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: March 30, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »

I think I'll go against the stream and say either Int or Exo. Why, and why not Aux? Because you don't have to know how to install something, or configure; you have to know how to operate first. It's like using a computer mouse, a touchpad, a joystick or something - sure, later maybe you'll make your own, or write software, or reconfigure... But first you have to learn how to use those proficiently, and that requires certain adaptability, speed, "mind muscle". So yes, it'd be Dex - except not your Dex, but sort of Dex for your mind. Which is probably Exo, or, just maybe if you'd prefer to stick with stat requirements, Int. Will... works a bit, as far as endurance of mind is concerned, but I doubt that we really want to go there and say that being in robot bodies slowly drives people crazy (which, in all honesty, it should probably do, but that was not how it was approached so far in this game).

By the way, it also kind of reasons why End should be the requirement for genemods - yes, enduring the changes, but not only; in this regard, End appears as adaptability and control of the body - exactly like I described the necessary qualities of the mind.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: March 30, 2015, 01:44:59 pm »

Also, maybe using int as a requirement will prevent it from being a big dumpstat, now that manips don't need them anymore. Unless that still governs mindpoint reserve, but even then, it might not be a bad idea.

Also, am I the only one that feels like exo is getting even more op compared to uncon than it used to be, now that it gets a bunch of other stuff? I mean, the main advantage uncon used to have was that it was more flexible than exo, at the cost of needing ammo for spacemagicks, and needing int (a much less useful stat than will).
As proof, look at how many (skilled) exo users there are (at least 2 with +4 that I know of) compared to uncon users.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14561 on: March 30, 2015, 01:51:43 pm »

Also, maybe using int as a requirement will prevent it from being a big dumpstat, now that manips don't need them anymore. Unless that still governs mindpoint reserve, but even then, it might not be a bad idea.

Also, am I the only one that feels like exo is getting even more op compared to uncon than it used to be, now that it gets a bunch of other stuff? I mean, the main advantage uncon used to have was that it was more flexible than exo, at the cost of needing ammo for spacemagicks, and needing int (a much less useful stat than will).
As proof, look at how many (skilled) exo users there are (at least 2 with +4 that I know of) compared to uncon users.
People complained that Exo was nothing but amps. So, things that aren't amps.

How is it op anyways? It's basically the same as uncon, just amps instead of manips.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: March 30, 2015, 02:00:08 pm »

Not terribly op, but it doesn't require ammo, and you don't need hands. An exo user will basically always have a ways to defend himself, an uncon user not. And will is a much more useful stat overall. And again, it might just be me whining again, but if you look around exo seems to be a more popular choice of weapon skill compared to uncon.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: March 30, 2015, 02:01:26 pm »

Amps don't use ammo and Will protects against mindfuck, so it's doubly more useful compared to manips which need ammo and Int which is useful for wielding manips and ... well that's about it.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14564 on: March 30, 2015, 02:04:58 pm »

ok

To counter that, we'll make implants use int.

And have I ever said someone's manip battery ran out? I mean that honestly, I can't remember ever saying that. Ammo counts tend to get lost in general.
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 2205