Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485665 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14460 on: March 29, 2015, 12:57:55 pm »

I have added the page for ER auxiliary software tools ever created or known to the wiki. Hopefully it will encourage more people to use those.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14461 on: March 29, 2015, 01:03:01 pm »

The hand laser is underpowered by ARM standards. It's still going to murderize the hell out of unarmored people, and will get through a Mk1 with relative ease. Plus it's shaped like a glove and runs off a generator - a perfect budget sidearm that doesn't take up a hand and never runs out of ammo.

Of course you can get the slightly more useful Red Hand for 2 token... :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: March 29, 2015, 01:08:55 pm »

There was a bit of OOC stuff in IRC. Some lore about the Doctor, and certain affairs that pretty much only Miyamoto knows of IC.
Woah woah woah what
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: March 29, 2015, 01:14:08 pm »

The hand laser is underpowered by ARM standards. It's still going to murderize the hell out of unarmored people, and will get through a Mk1 with relative ease. Plus it's shaped like a glove and runs off a generator - a perfect budget sidearm that doesn't take up a hand and never runs out of ammo.

Well I can't get two fucking tokens.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14464 on: March 29, 2015, 01:14:57 pm »

Just go mug someone.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: March 29, 2015, 01:16:00 pm »

Just go mug someone.
You say that like I can actually do that.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14466 on: March 29, 2015, 01:18:39 pm »

Just go mug someone.
Well, you can. Just make sure to do it out of sight of any veterans, and leave no witnesses. Crime around here is sort of self-regulating. Meaning, everyone keeps their grabby hands to themselves because there's a guy in the hangar that can turn your brain into a potato if he has a video feed of you, and he doesn't like muggers. :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:20:26 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14467 on: March 29, 2015, 01:20:38 pm »

Just go mug someone.
I got in a fight to the death with two other people once while both Jim and Miyamoto were onship, you'll be fine.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14468 on: March 29, 2015, 01:22:26 pm »

hehe no

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14469 on: March 29, 2015, 01:34:01 pm »

... Borrow them? Do some job to earn them? Seriously, if anything, ask that same giant robot guy in the hangar, I don't think he's ever turned down a reasonable request. Especially since the team fund coffers are swelling.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: March 29, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »

Yeah, I'll probably get around to that once I eat lunch or something. If I need to. Depends on if I can resell my amp and how much I get for it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14471 on: March 29, 2015, 01:48:59 pm »

Armory as it exists right now. Note: Some junk is getting moved around to different sections. Implants and Gene Mods are getting their own section and new rules to govern them. We're also adding Robot body mods, so if you have any ideas for any of these sections, go ahead and submit them

Can I go wild on wiki now? Please?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: March 29, 2015, 01:56:06 pm »

I wonder what version google translate is in universe right now...

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14473 on: March 29, 2015, 02:01:15 pm »

@Piecewise Can we have some standard-issue non-amp Exo weapons? Please?
Just maybe some recreated alien weird artifacts or something? Those that could have been gathering dust in R&D stocks or something?

It's a bit saddening to know that non-amp Exo-operated weapons exist (like the pyramid from M1), but the whole section in the armory can just as well be renamed "Psychokinetic Amplifiers". Sure, there is the sandbag, but it's the only one and it's more of a tool than a weapon of destruction (accidents notwithstanding).
Past Sigs

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14474 on: March 29, 2015, 02:02:39 pm »

Ugh, I don't check ER for a few days so of course I miss the armory being redone.  Oh well.

Piecewise!  Here's the entry for the Testament LSW!

Spoiler: Armory entry (click to show/hide)

I gave it a str requirement of robot body, because it used to be Str:4, just above a gauss rifle, but still lower than cutting lasers or sibiluses (sibili?).  Also, it'll give more incentive to get a robot body, which is always nice.  Actually, changed it to strength +0, since it's lighter than a Spektre, and that's what a Spektr's requirement is.  Odd, since previously a Spectr and Cutlas had the same requirement, but I won't complain.

@Sean

The Gungnir, as it currently is, is a very bad weapon.  It's vastly overpriced, at twice the cost of a Spectr which can do basically the same things, except better and longer.

It *can* be made much cheaper, although you'll lose some functionality.  IIRC, I had at one point made an electrolaser conversion kit which added a spark gap and some wiring, turning a standard lasrifle into an electrolaser that ran off the normal battery--and the kit only costed a token.

Add a 1-token 4 TPU battery, and a rechargable battery for another token, and you have a gun that's nearly as good as a Gungnir for half the price.  It's still worse than a Spectr, IMO, since it costs the same but is less poweful, and less versatile.

Also, I'm pretty sure a hand laser runs off a battery.  It gets a lot of life from that battery, but still. Nevermind, this was changed.
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 2205