Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485697 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Pimp Cane Discussion Zone
« Reply #14445 on: March 29, 2015, 04:29:46 am »

A cane with a sticky goop thrower build into it.

The implications write itself, really.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14446 on: March 29, 2015, 05:03:45 am »

Let's see. How about making it a kinetic amp derivative, sort of like the Doctor's shockwave bat, but as a cane.

Inside the cane, placed on a rail, is a tiny trolley (there's probably a better word for this) with a kinetic amp on its downward (non-handle) end. Normally it's clamped in place, but with a push of the button (the cane is held sideways at this point for the main function, otherwise the kinamp just strikes the bottom and hits the ground - finesse is required for handling the pimp cane properly, so the question really is, how pimp are you?). When swung and the clamps are released with the button pushed, the trolley-thing travels to the end of the cane and hits it (at this point the cane is pointed dramatically at the deserving party, the user performing his best accusatory pimp gaze), creating a shockwave that may, properly applied, serve as a pimp slap in this modern heavily armored age. The basic model uses common materials, and really shouldn't exceed the price of a kinetic amp even if it does appear to be made out of the very best in faux-wood but actually reinforced steel materials. Frictionless rails, mithril bracing (strands of mithril worked into the structure to prevent bending) and reverse-engineered xenopenes, among other things, can be added at an additional cost.

EDIT 1: Oh, and it carries the additional benefit that trophies from missions, as long as they're not very large, can be worked into the cane for free after its purchase.

EDIT 2: Or maybe, instead of a kinamp, put the mindfuck gun into the cane (works by the same brandishing method as the kinamp for style reasons, or maybe just with the push of a button), so you can pimp-slap people right in their goddamn mind. And then add a kinamp to the handle, so that it can optionally be grabbed by the distal end and used as a sort of kinamp hammer.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:17:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14447 on: March 29, 2015, 05:09:52 am »

Okay guys Harry wins.
We can all go home now, but good job for everyone else.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14448 on: March 29, 2015, 05:48:12 am »

We really should make a repository of all knowledge in Tinker.

That way people don't have to redo Tinker experiments to get IC knowledge of what they already know, like hidden functions of weapons and whatnot.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14449 on: March 29, 2015, 05:56:51 am »

Err ._.
I am very late as a response to M18.
And I am very late as to what just happened (or what page most of those who've played on M18) that I can't compartmentalize the space-to-internet-availability ratio at the current time.

Also exams -.-

...Does anyone have the reply # link, so I can refresh myself? :-\

Also WHY is the OOC thread title changed into something...extremely not OOC <_< I wondered what this thread even was at first glance.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: March 29, 2015, 06:03:59 am »

Also WHY is the OOC thread title changed into something...extremely not OOC <_< I wondered what this thread even was at first glance.
Piecewise was excited about Bloodborne and the Threaded Cane weapon. Beirus then proposed a lot of pimp cane weapons in IRC. It then resulted in a lot of discussion of pimp canes, pimps and hoes, culminating in the current competition to design a pimp cane weapon.

Basically, we're just being silly as per usual :P

There was a bit of OOC stuff in IRC. Some lore about the Doctor, and certain affairs that pretty much only Miyamoto knows of IC.

...Does anyone have the reply # link, so I can refresh myself? :-\
First post by one of your teammates that I found on ship was here.

Main things to be aware of is that the Doctor is going to Hephaestus, a shipment of weapons and equipment is coming in and there are now two new missions.

One of the is to go to a planet coated with a fungoid alien species that rapidly alters itself to repel threats. The objective is to cut out part of it's brain-analogue for research. Location isn't entirely clear, so there will be two teams.

The other is a black ops mission to go take over an old UWM monitoring ship in orbit above the planet. It's unmanned, filled with combat drones and it's armor is dangerously thin.

EDIT: Also, new stat system. It's in the "A Sudden Shift in Reality" thread.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:15:33 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14451 on: March 29, 2015, 10:42:07 am »

Does this mean Chief is gonna be running around with a pimp cane?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: March 29, 2015, 10:46:02 am »

The reign of Pimp Cane Discussion Zone is over; long live OOC thread!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14453 on: March 29, 2015, 11:56:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Armory as it exists right now. Note: Some junk is getting moved around to different sections. Implants and Gene Mods are getting their own section and new rules to govern them. We're also adding Robot body mods, so if you have any ideas for any of these sections, go ahead and submit them

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: March 29, 2015, 12:33:44 pm »

Thanks much guys--Empiricist and all. Hi Piecewise! :D

Will take me some time to catch up, however :/
Please add me to...um, that mission mentioned and requested earlier (very sorry for this way of communication)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: March 29, 2015, 12:34:24 pm »

My main concern is that unconventional weapons apparently have a effective weapon for one token while no other category does. I mean, the only one point weapon that's in conventional is outright stated to be a bad idea for combat.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: March 29, 2015, 12:40:08 pm »

My main concern is that unconventional weapons apparently have a effective weapon for one token while no other category does. I mean, the only one point weapon that's in conventional is outright stated to be a bad idea for combat.
the mono-razor isn't useful in combat most of the time
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: March 29, 2015, 12:41:59 pm »

Sounds more useful than a laser pointer though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: March 29, 2015, 12:43:36 pm »

the hand laser is actually more powerful than its description says it is.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: March 29, 2015, 12:46:51 pm »

Maybe having accurate descriptions would be really helpful...
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 2205