Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488390 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12525 on: January 28, 2015, 07:08:22 am »

Yes, you cant.

Nothing a little invasive surgery or parasitic reconfigurement cant fix.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: January 28, 2015, 07:09:26 am »

I do intend to do something similar to that or something, but I don't want another STAN, mainly for the reason that Xan's very concerned with his survival, though he isn't worried about individual bodies dying. He wants the mental pattern that makes up his mind, and thus imprints himself on reality, to continue existing no matter what, and STAN was something different from Xan entirely.
Of course I'll also have to get around the fact that I can't alter my still-human brain at my core, but that's essential for game balance.

Have you accounted for the fact that, if you're not careful, you won't be revived again? Having a clone on ice doesn't help much if people decide it's too much of a liability to 'keep around' so to speak. And since your last death was quite public, and detrimental to the cause...

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: January 28, 2015, 07:14:21 am »

@Dumbo
Im not sure where that "random xeno parts" part came from so im gonna have to ask for a citation there.
As long as ive played this game xeno-spit has always been a specific alien enzyme, not a meat smoothie.
Here, I linked to it in my last post, in fact.
Course, looking at the Pill machine's back-story, I'm not too sure (As it mentions a Xeno-Spit Enzyme, but that could just be a term that was just picked up), but I don't think SynthFlesh Spinal Fluid would have different effects depending on if you took it from a different batch of SynthFlesh.
Course, I don't know much about SynthFlesh at all, so shame on me if i'm giving false information.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: January 28, 2015, 07:15:00 am »

Yes, you cant.

Nothing a little invasive surgery or parasitic reconfigurement cant fix.
More precisely, I'm gonna figure out how to clone clones that have extensive Med skill or capacity to learn - basically to make a version of myself that's minmaxed mentally towards medical skill, train a bunch under the Doctor, and then operate on essentially myself to figure out if I can unrestrict my shapeshifting ability from the brain. Probably gonna have to work with the Doc on this.

Have you accounted for the fact that, if you're not careful, you won't be revived again? Having a clone on ice doesn't help much if people decide it's too much of a liability to 'keep around' so to speak. And since your last death was quite public, and detrimental to the cause...
That's why I'm keeping myself undercover instead of pulling off all this grandoise bullshit I'm speculating about here for now - once I've dropped off a few clones everywhere I see fit I can act more freely.
plus that implies there isn't already more than one of me running around
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: January 28, 2015, 07:25:33 am »

On that note I think I'm going to be acting a lot more nice towards Xan.
Perhaps we could assign a Handler to Xan, who goes on missions with him and watches him at all times, for safety reasons.
Alan help.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: January 28, 2015, 07:27:11 am »

Xan? Who's that? I'm just Dan the gruff space guy!

note to self eat E/dumbo first
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12531 on: January 28, 2015, 07:29:56 am »

Why do you think I'm so friendly towards you?
You think that it was just a coincidence that I came into the game and immediately tried to buddy buddy with you? Pshh, please.
Alan help.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: January 28, 2015, 07:31:31 am »

We'll see, I guess. You got me 1/10th of the way toward a perfect decomp, so that's a plus in my books.
If decomps are still a thing. We'll seem I guess.
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: January 28, 2015, 07:35:49 am »

The one copy of me that happens to be there at the time. If I hadn't STAN'd, I would've left a clone or three of myself on Kano.
Repeat for every world we visit, and especially once I get either a decompensator or the rolling system changes over and I'll be a plague on the universe.
Did you get that idea from data assassination team got? Because it almost sounds like Doctor all over again.
Data assassination team got? Dunno what that is, but no, just thought of it independently.
Brother Lars did read mind of their target during Mission 13, and discovered things about the Doc. Like how Doc was seen in many places at same time.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12534 on: January 28, 2015, 07:39:48 am »

@Dumbo
Im not sure where that "random xeno parts" part came from so im gonna have to ask for a citation there.
As long as ive played this game xeno-spit has always been a specific alien enzyme, not a meat smoothie.
Course, looking at the Pill machine's back-story, I'm not too sure (As it mentions a Xeno-Spit Enzyme, but that could just be a term that was just picked up), but I don't think SynthFlesh Spinal Fluid would have different effects depending on if you took it from a different batch of SynthFlesh.
Course, I don't know much about SynthFlesh at all, so shame on me if i'm giving false information.
He meant a post on the subforum that has that info by word of piecewise.
And it does contain enzymes. Says so in the label and in the website of the manufacturer.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: January 28, 2015, 07:40:51 am »

The one copy of me that happens to be there at the time. If I hadn't STAN'd, I would've left a clone or three of myself on Kano.
Repeat for every world we visit, and especially once I get either a decompensator or the rolling system changes over and I'll be a plague on the universe.
Did you get that idea from data assassination team got? Because it almost sounds like Doctor all over again.
Data assassination team got? Dunno what that is, but no, just thought of it independently.
Brother Lars did read mind of their target during Mission 13, and discovered things about the Doc. Like how Doc was seen in many places at same time.
Oh!
No, I've had this idea ever since I figured out I could clone myself.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: January 28, 2015, 07:44:26 am »

Hey, why don't you just splinter off another Xan, programming him to act like a distracting snarky asshole, and then continue on as Dan, working on actual plans and stuff?

Or! Eat somebody braindead on the ship, impersonate their shape, and put Dan in free mode, being obviously Xan and whatnot. Get back to the roots of your concept, you know?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: January 28, 2015, 07:50:17 am »

All mainly because with the way my stats are right now I can't shapeshift and mantain my cover because the moment I roll a dice I'm gonna hulk out or something and my Xan-ness will be known. Therefore I need to wait until all the rich people are back on board so I can mooch 9 tokens off of them.
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: January 28, 2015, 07:53:59 am »

@Dumbo
He meant a post on the subforum that has that info by word of piecewise.
And it does contain enzymes. Says so in the label and in the website of the manufacturer.
Okay then, let's see...
Well, using the search function, I can only find one question relating to Xeno-Spit, in the ER Talk Number: Whatever I forgot. and I'm looking through the talk now.
Edit: Oh, wrong one, I'm onto number 5 now.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:01:35 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: January 28, 2015, 08:33:22 am »

@Dumbo
I meant a citation on the source of the information, not the wiki entry.
Judging by whats written it appears the person writing the article had no idea which part of the body its from, not that it comes from random aliens.

I think the effects vary based on the consumer, not the batch. Not everyone is gonna hallucinate the same thing and not everyone is gonna resist it to the same extent.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 2205