Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488455 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12510 on: January 28, 2015, 06:18:20 am »

Xenospit (From what I can tell) is not related to anything, it is Juiced alien parts, and not from any particular alien, see those Greys? Juice 'em and you get Xenospit, Elcor? Juice them, you get Xenospit.
When Piecewise says we can make xeno-spit locally I think that Piecewise the Basalisk could also count, actually.
Piecewise also went on to say that we can make it using the CSF's on a certain inmates ride.

Now im not exactly sure what CSF stands for, but the only inmate with anything resembling an alien vehicle is miyamoto with his bigass synthflesh avatar. So basically im assuming xenospit is some kind of neurofluid used in the control interface that requires a certain minimum flesh volume before it is produced any meaningful amount.
Oh yhea, CSF could stand for Concentrated Spinal Fluid, but he didn't say that you could only make it with a synthflesh construction, not to mention  what it says on the Official Einsteinian Roulette Wiki, it states that 'Contains Random Xeno part (Effects vary)'.

Taking one instance of something that has been stated it's made from any alien part does not mean that it is solely related to that specific thing, of course, taking CSF from a synthflesh avatar and putting it into a bottle means that it's called Xeno-Spit, not because that is a specific ingredient that makes up the Xeno-Spit, only that Xeno-Spit is a catch all term for anything (Liquid? If not, then technically you could also call Blue Smokes Xeno-Spit.) bottled up coming from an non-Earth Native creature.
Course, if you want to get into specifics, we don't know what the cut off point is for a non-earth native creature to a earth native creature, I mean, we don't know if Xan could be called a non-earth native creature, his species originally came from earth, but now you really can't call him human, can you?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: January 28, 2015, 06:21:28 am »

Well first I'd have to find out how Cog was altered to be immune to vaccum. Vacuum? Don't know how spell.
Then do what Unholy said, and then reveal that I don't know jack about biology by putting up organic solar panels and using the energy I absorb from those to replicate my cells to make more solar panels and etc.
THAT'S HOW BIOLOGY WORKS GUYS
YOU ABSORB SUN ENERGY AND THEN TRANSFORM IT INTO MORE MATTER
SCIENCE BITCH
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: January 28, 2015, 06:25:28 am »

I dunno... if he had access to enough raw materials he could form a dense shell of nano-structures that reflect harmful radiation back towards the sun and away from his fleshy side.

The real problem hes gonna have is absorbing enough matter to be able to actually form a dyson sphere.
He will have serious problems with having mass enough to form dyson sphere, or even if he has mass of a small moon. And name of this problem is "Gravity". He will crush himself to death long before he's massive enough.
Synthflesh is known to ignore effects of gravity when its mass gets big enough (Titans) so that's why he needs it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: January 28, 2015, 06:31:17 am »

He will have serious problems with having mass enough to form dyson sphere, or even if he has mass of a small moon. And name of this problem is "Gravity". He will crush himself to death long before he's massive enough.
Synthflesh is known to ignore effects of gravity when its mass gets big enough (Titans) so that's why he needs it.
Wait, even assuming I get to the point where I start setting up solar absorption things around a sun for some reason, isn't the classic definition of a Dyson sphere a massive collection of individual things? If I have a collection of a billion billion energy collectors orbiting a star not connected to each other, wouldn't they be fine? Or am I ignoring some science thing I should know but haven't bothered to remember?
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: January 28, 2015, 06:40:21 am »

You could keep growing if you keep constantly building and ejecting parts, that way your own gravity won't become a problem. Every single part should have individual orbit around the sun that doesn't intersect with others, or at least have farting ability to alter its course. But that would mean you are just one of millions instead of The One.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: January 28, 2015, 06:49:14 am »

I don't intend to be a Dyson sphere though - the parts would be nonsentient, or automated or something similar. It'd just be to provide power somehow for my latest shenanigans.
Namely finding a way to either get the benefits of synthflesh without actually using synthflesh because there's an intelligence behind the stuff that my ego can't bear serving, or just fuse myself into reality, beat up God, and take its place as arbiter of everything.
Long-term goals.
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: January 28, 2015, 06:50:23 am »

I think the doctor could just mental stare you to death.
I mean, what, did you think the guy won't have contingencies for that stuff?
Alan help.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: January 28, 2015, 06:54:01 am »

The one copy of me that happens to be there at the time. If I hadn't STAN'd, I would've left a clone or three of myself on Kano.
Repeat for every world we visit, and especially once I get either a decompensator or the rolling system changes over and I'll be a plague on the universe.
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: January 28, 2015, 06:56:07 am »

Again, contingencies.
I wouldn't be leaning towards you with a bet of you vs The Good Doctor is all I'm saying.
Alan help.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: January 28, 2015, 06:56:39 am »

Why not do it subtly? Implant people with a Xanling that embeds itself into their body in an undetectable manner. Let it then affect their lovers and children through fluid exchange, sort of like an invisible STI. Then eventually, everyone will be afflicted, assimilate them all. So everyone is Xan, perhaps even without realizing it so that you can give them visions as 'God'. The Doctor probably won't even intervene, I mean, it isn't like you're going against it or anything.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: January 28, 2015, 06:56:51 am »

The one copy of me that happens to be there at the time. If I hadn't STAN'd, I would've left a clone or three of myself on Kano.
Repeat for every world we visit, and especially once I get either a decompensator or the rolling system changes over and I'll be a plague on the universe.
Did you get that idea from data assassination team got? Because it almost sounds like Doctor all over again.
Old sigs.
Games.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: January 28, 2015, 06:57:18 am »

@Dumbo
Im not sure where that "random xeno parts" part came from so im gonna have to ask for a citation there.
As long as ive played this game xeno-spit has always been a specific alien enzyme, not a meat smoothie.

@Aoshima
Gravity isn't an issue, theres no logical reason why hed need to be the size of a moon.
If he wants to be a dyson sphere hed only need to create segments with large surface area on one side, they dont have to be thick and his organic componentry doesn't need to take up the entire back of the solar collector.
Think giant space nipples.

@Xan
As i understood it theres actually two types of dyson sphere.
Theres the sort of net-like one you are talking about thats made up of lots of sattelites and then there are the true dyson spheres which are giant solid shells that absorb 100% of the suns radiated energy.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: January 28, 2015, 07:00:05 am »

Why not do it subtly? Implant people with a Xanling that embeds itself into their body in an undetectable manner. Let it then affect their lovers and children through fluid exchange, sort of like an invisible STI. Then eventually, everyone will be afflicted, assimilate them all. So everyone is Xan, perhaps even without realizing it so that you can give them visions as 'God'. The Doctor probably won't even intervene, I mean, it isn't like you're going against it or anything.
Mainly because until I understand precisely why STAN happened and how I can determine if a person's been exposed to material that'd cause me to do that again it's safer for me to make sure I stay away from other human brains unless they're Sods or something.

Did you get that idea from data assassination team got? Because it almost sounds like Doctor all over again.
Data assassination team got? Dunno what that is, but no, just thought of it independently.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: January 28, 2015, 07:01:55 am »

Mainly because until I understand precisely why STAN happened and how I can determine if a person's been exposed to material that'd cause me to do that again it's safer for me to make sure I stay away from other human brains unless they're Sods or something.
You don't need to assimilate them. You could just keep the populations of entire planets as backups. Just eject their brain and take-over their body.

Also, the problem was that STAN was the minority. If everyone was STAN, there would be no problem.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: January 28, 2015, 07:05:29 am »

I do intend to do something similar to that or something, but I don't want another STAN, mainly for the reason that Xan's very concerned with his survival, though he isn't worried about individual bodies dying. He wants the mental pattern that makes up his mind, and thus imprints himself on reality, to continue existing no matter what, and STAN was something different from Xan entirely.
Of course I'll also have to get around the fact that I can't alter my still-human brain at my core, but that's essential for game balance.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 2205