Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487880 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12540 on: January 28, 2015, 08:43:04 am »

Ah ha, here we go, ER talk number 5, time 1:59:13, the answer is, the one we've all been waiting for, one that will set all our minds to rest, iiiiiisssssss:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12541 on: January 28, 2015, 08:47:55 am »

Yes, you cant.

Nothing a little invasive surgery or parasitic reconfigurement cant fix.
More precisely, I'm gonna figure out how to clone clones that have extensive Med skill or capacity to learn - basically to make a version of myself that's minmaxed mentally towards medical skill, train a bunch under the Doctor, and then operate on essentially myself to figure out if I can unrestrict my shapeshifting ability from the brain. Probably gonna have to work with the Doc on this.

Have you accounted for the fact that, if you're not careful, you won't be revived again? Having a clone on ice doesn't help much if people decide it's too much of a liability to 'keep around' so to speak. And since your last death was quite public, and detrimental to the cause...
That's why I'm keeping myself undercover instead of pulling off all this grandoise bullshit I'm speculating about here for now - once I've dropped off a few clones everywhere I see fit I can act more freely.
plus that implies there isn't already more than one of me running around

Steve knows, as does Simus. Miya should know, but I'm letting it slide for sake of your playing fun.

Also, hah, very 'subtle' there. Maybe it's time to call upon my inquisition after all...

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12542 on: January 28, 2015, 08:54:41 am »

Go to the computers. Search for information on Xeno-Spit. What it is, where it comes from, how it's built, how it works, why it exists, etc.
You go to the computers.
You search for information on Xeno-spit.
You find their website which advertises all sorts of things about the quality of it's ingredients and synthetically replicated xeno proteins while very carefully never talking about its taste or saying you should drink it. From what you can tell they are, for legal reasons, selling it as a purely decorative bottle of fluid; much like those "Back Massagers" that Faith is always buying on Space ebay.
[/Quote]

Synthetically replicated space toad proteins.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12543 on: January 28, 2015, 10:04:25 am »

What does the button on the bottom-left that keeps giving me error messages on the cube do? Or if it had a label, what would it be labeled?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12544 on: January 28, 2015, 10:27:45 am »

I'm curious though, how could we have pissed them of? They seemed reasonable enough.

I'm guessing insulting them, spilling water, pulling a gun out during the roundtable discussion, something like that.  Violating a custom we weren't aware of.

As i understood it theres actually two types of dyson sphere.
Theres the sort of net-like one you are talking about thats made up of lots of sattelites.

Dyson Swarm.

What does the button on the bottom-left that keeps giving me error messages on the cube do? Or if it had a label, what would it be labeled?

"Do not push"

PW: Are there any copies of the Star Eater picture still around?  Would those effects be more pronounced now that the world is falling apart...er?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12545 on: January 28, 2015, 10:48:15 am »

"Please do not press this button again."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: January 28, 2015, 11:45:14 am »

I think it's some sort of operator. Piecewise hinted that I've got a syntax issue but I haven't been able to work it out yet.

Glad the Cube is apparently stupidly powerful! Now I just have to figure out how the in hell in works. Was anyone interested in any of the stuff in my little tracking sheet?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12547 on: January 28, 2015, 11:47:26 am »

"Explosive self destruct. Press again to confirm."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: January 28, 2015, 11:49:33 am »

Man, I'd be dead about six time already if that was the case. Tried it with different combinations but couldn't get any of them to execute.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: January 28, 2015, 12:40:36 pm »

Man, I'd be dead about six time already if that was the case. Tried it with different combinations but couldn't get any of them to execute.
Maybe it is a combination button? Pressing together with other one at same time might set the thing on entirely different work mode.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12550 on: January 28, 2015, 12:46:46 pm »

Have you considered the possibility of it being a "cancel" button? I.e. if you start to make a combo but change your mind before you finish, you press it to reset the cube?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12551 on: January 28, 2015, 12:52:33 pm »

I'll have to check my notes, but I don't think it reset it wholesale. I think I put in a known combination, pressed this button instead of the "Go/Execute/whatever" button, and nothing on the layout of the cube changed. When I tried to execute, I would hit an error.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12552 on: January 28, 2015, 12:59:46 pm »

"And?"  "If?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12553 on: January 28, 2015, 01:02:54 pm »

Maybe its used for some sort of automation?

Like you press your combo in, push that button and then use other buttons to set the effect duration?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12554 on: January 28, 2015, 01:04:22 pm »

The Perplexicube!
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 2205