Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490646 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7425 on: July 23, 2014, 07:48:30 pm »

Didn't Xan pay for his?

Lukas killed Thrak for his, Xan got sicced on the fishman.  Cog presented an interesting concept to the doctor, and got in that way.

Faith, at least, didn't ask for hers.  If people were "suggesting" things around him to try to get it for free, that might be an issue, but I imagine PW would block that.
He might have.

The two bots were kind of a unique slot, I thought, as is Renen ("pupil" rather than project). Did Xan officially get sicced on the fishman for a specific reason/reward? Where'd fishman come from, anyway?

Cog and Faith both did that, I know some guy got his stats frozen in exchange for immortality by request but via Faith giving the Doc an idea. Pretty sure there were others, who may have had some trouble coming up with a concept the Doc liked or had to just sort of roll the dice, but nonetheless got modded for free and in some cases roughly in line with their wishes. Lyra might count as well, although she'd be a fairly mild example.

I do believe it was around the Xan/fishman thing that PW mentioned trying to curb it, but I don't recall exactly what he said he was going to do for that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7426 on: July 23, 2014, 07:54:13 pm »

Didn't Xan pay for his?

Lukas killed Thrak for his, Xan got sicced on the fishman.  Cog presented an interesting concept to the doctor, and got in that way.

Faith, at least, didn't ask for hers.  If people were "suggesting" things around him to try to get it for free, that might be an issue, but I imagine PW would block that.
He might have.

The two bots were kind of a unique slot, I thought, as is Renen ("pupil" rather than project). Did Xan officially get sicced on the fishman for a specific reason/reward? Where'd fishman come from, anyway?

Cog and Faith both did that, I know some guy got his stats frozen in exchange for immortality by request but via Faith giving the Doc an idea. Pretty sure there were others, who may have had some trouble coming up with a concept the Doc liked or had to just sort of roll the dice, but nonetheless got modded for free and in some cases roughly in line with their wishes. Lyra might count as well, although she'd be a fairly mild example.

I do believe it was around the Xan/fishman thing that PW mentioned trying to curb it, but I don't recall exactly what he said he was going to do for that.
Most of the time, when I mention a curb, the stomp isn't far behind. I like my balancing to have a body count.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: July 23, 2014, 07:57:53 pm »

Now Lyra I'm sure paid for her work, though there was a bit of a collection taken up for her (something that PW also said couldn't happen.)  I think that occasionally happens out of pity (I think Feyri got her MKIII similarly?  I could be misremembering that.)

I looked back.  Xan's price for alteration was killing Fishman.  When he went dark, Doc said sure okay whatever.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: July 23, 2014, 08:20:45 pm »

Most of the time, when I mention a curb, the stomp isn't far behind. I like my balancing to have a body count.
As I've noticed with the current "Hrm lot of synthwizards this mission, wonder what happens when every enemy's a bodysnatcher?"

Now Lyra I'm sure paid for her work, though there was a bit of a collection taken up for her (something that PW also said couldn't happen.)  I think that occasionally happens out of pity (I think Feyri got her MKIII similarly?  I could be misremembering that.)
Ah, alright then. And I'm pretty sure somebody got Feyri her MKIII, might have been Milno or Milno pulling strings solo.

I looked back.  Xan's price for alteration was killing Fishman.  When he went dark, Doc said sure okay whatever.
Eh? I could have sworn Xan wanted to eat fishman because he was a rival abomination. I could have sworn even harder he intended to literally eat him.

Though I do recall somebody plotting about it, so there's that.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: July 23, 2014, 08:21:54 pm »

You know, all this talk of death makes me think of something I want to do with Kyle.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: July 23, 2014, 08:24:34 pm »

Well duh I want something more interesting, but I need to kill that fish guy first. If you put me in a robot body and I killed him would you give me the alterations still, or only if I keep my old body?
"The sardine has gone mentally dark." The doc says, sitting down next to you on the bed -it's easy to do considering your lack of body-and pulling a book out of his jacket pocket. "Frankly, I'm not terribly surprised. Wasn't sure he was all there to begin with." he flips to a page and starts reading. 

"If you want to be enhanced, I'll do it for you. Just think what you want. I'll wait." he turns the page "Better then working on civilians."

That's where he was formally offered.  Still reading back a bit to conditions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: July 23, 2014, 08:40:35 pm »

Oh it's over the knuckles? Man I thought the whole glove worked such that it increased the force put out by the whole thing. Which is why I was gonna brick-throw.
Common misconception. Somebody should really make an illustrated guide to basic ARM weaponry sometime, even if R&D is working hard on making the current lineup obsolete.

Something like this?

I did this quickly, to get a feel of what would work in this concept. Could do a lot better and cleaner, but eh, too lazy.

((As always, comments about color usage, arrow placement and my personal hygiene can be send to idontgiveadamn@yahoo.com ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: July 23, 2014, 09:08:55 pm »

Would a pacifist be impossible on the ARM?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: July 23, 2014, 09:15:06 pm »

RC, that is awesome.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: July 23, 2014, 09:15:58 pm »

Pacifists are quite possible. Paris' character Flint, for example, has yet to kill a human being, despite being a veteran of several missions, by this point. You could make your character speech-oriented, or a fleshtech, or a techie... any support role, really. There's plenty of gun and amp users around to do your team's killing for you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: July 23, 2014, 09:16:29 pm »

Something like this?
I was thinking more like a PIPboy thing, but that's good too. Especially for the higher-up stuff where we have to worry less about bumbling newbies.

Speaking of which, it's occurred to me that a patchwork series of images, some redundant, some missing, shifting wildly in purpose and tone, would actually be pretty fitting.

Not if "pacifist" doesn't include rampant collaboration. Plenty of room for door-openers, corpse-haulers, suit-fixers, and other support staff intended to help uncock the current mass murderers' attempts at doing things.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: July 23, 2014, 09:37:10 pm »

Hm, I think I'll go for a no killing guy that just tries to make everyone not die.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: July 23, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »

I would recommend not making characters with desires that are contrary to the operations of the player organization.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: July 23, 2014, 09:41:28 pm »

Those are my favorite characters.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: July 23, 2014, 09:48:32 pm »

If that is what thee wishes, than that is what thou shalt recieve.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:51:01 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 2205