Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489609 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7410 on: July 23, 2014, 06:34:57 pm »

*shrug*

Lerman is going to get his ass kicked one way or the other, it's just the degree that his ass is kicked to that matters.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: July 23, 2014, 06:58:33 pm »

Loot Hasala's corpse! Also hop back in the APC if it looks like it's about to take off.

I'll be getting back everything you take back on the ship, I hope.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: July 23, 2014, 07:02:37 pm »

Loot Hasala's corpse! Also hop back in the APC if it looks like it's about to take off.

I'll be getting back everything you take back on the ship, I hope.
If not, you know who to talk to~
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: July 23, 2014, 07:04:05 pm »

I thought you were dead. The word "dead" was used. Are you not dead?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: July 23, 2014, 07:05:17 pm »

Temp-dead, not permadead. I'll be fine when I get back to the ship.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: July 23, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »

Nobody explained this to you? There's multiple layers of "dead" around here.

Getting shot through the lungs is just a flesh wound. You'll get better.

Getting your entire torso reduced to finely ground meat is a complication. You'll be back in a shiny new robot body, free of charge!

Getting your brain mulched destroys most useful definitions of "you." You're dead dead and go on the wall of fame/graveyard thingy, and may want to make a new character. :(
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: July 23, 2014, 07:14:57 pm »

Personally, i think that robobodies are a bit OP. Mostly because they're free, better than flesh in a lot of ways, and without a lot of drawbacks. I'd ask pw to balance them, if it wasn't already like this for such a long time.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: July 23, 2014, 07:16:47 pm »

The difference isn't enough to matter too much, I think, and I think it fits that there's an easy, free way to gain concrete advantages at the low low cost of your humanity.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: July 23, 2014, 07:18:49 pm »

Robobodies also cant be genemodded or enhanced by the pill machine and special features cot a lot of money to install.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: July 23, 2014, 07:21:26 pm »

Not to mention that some people (notably Faith) got penalized when they got fullbotted.  Plus, think of Jim and his Permanent Painkiller.

I think the "loss of humanity" cost has just been underplayed more than their benefits are overstated.  It's also possible that we simply haven't seen some of their disadvantages.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: July 23, 2014, 07:24:40 pm »

Yep, but all the features of a Mk.II at no cost... And the external cameras; of course. And fewer rolls, like not tiring out when running.

The difference isn't enough to matter too much, I think, and I think it fits that there's an easy, free way to gain concrete advantages at the low low cost of your humanity.
Yeah, but I'm talking from the munchkin viewpoint here.

Robobodies also cant be genemodded or enhanced by the pill machine and special features cot a lot of money to install.

Genemods are fairly high-end stuff, and the pill machine isn't a reliable way of boosting capabilities (yet). Besides, I don't think it costs more to install features into a robobody compared to installing them into a suit.

Not to mention that some people (notably Faith) got penalized when they got fullbotted.  Plus, think of Jim and his Permanent Painkiller.

I think the "loss of humanity" cost has just been underplayed more than their benefits are overstated.  It's also possible that we simply haven't seen some of their disadvantages.
Of course, I'm going on what we know of them right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: July 23, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »

From a munchkin viewpoint, I think the Doctor has been a greater issue than robobodies. I think we've had a lot more Docspawn than we have botters, and PW did mention taking steps to limit the former's impact.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: July 23, 2014, 07:31:24 pm »

From a munchkin viewpoint, I think the Doctor has been a greater issue than robobodies. I think we've had a lot more Docspawn than we have botters, and PW did mention taking steps to limit the former's impact.

Well, there used to be balance with the "There can be only one!", but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. And with Renen getting a ridiculously powerful body and weapons, and the knowledge to use them, that rule might mean no more new 'Docspawn' if that rule is re-instated.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: July 23, 2014, 07:35:57 pm »

Well, there used to be balance with the "There can be only one!", but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. And with Renen getting a ridiculously powerful body and weapons, and the knowledge to use them, that rule might mean no more new 'Docspawn' if that rule is re-instated.
I think that was only for the full-on bots. I'm talking about all the "Hey Doc I'm sick of my tired old human flesh, can you do anything?" "Sure, let me turn you into a laser-immune mollusc" type things. Xan, lightningfishguy, Cog before the incident... hell, even Faith was one of those, albeit semi-accidentally.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: July 23, 2014, 07:40:07 pm »

Didn't Xan pay for his?

Lukas killed Thrak for his, Xan got sicced on the fishman.  Cog presented an interesting concept to the doctor, and got in that way.

Faith, at least, didn't ask for hers.  If people were "suggesting" things around him to try to get it for free, that might be an issue, but I imagine PW would block that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 2205