Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494794 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6075 on: June 14, 2014, 10:12:45 am »

I'm still amazed how long the ps2 was made for.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: June 14, 2014, 11:20:41 am »

By the way, what inclination would Simus have to defrost Xan from an IC point? Not that you shouldn't do it if it gives the player another chance, but I kinda doubt she would be verry happy about allowing a new one to run loose after what the original just pulled.

She agreed to pull him out of stasis in the event of Xan Prime's permanent death - and she will - but as said, she's going to try and temporarily neuter his powers for the duration of his stay on Hephaestus. Or perhaps she'll send the stasis pod itself along with a shipment, instead of waking him up on Hephaestus at all.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: June 14, 2014, 12:26:45 pm »

Wow, you sure you wanna buy an xbone just for that one game? Even if it's good, you'll still be stuck with a goddamn xbone. Maybe they'll go cross-platform at a later date (unlikely, but one can dream).
I am seriously fucking considering it. What with the fact that they've started releasing cheaper, non-kinect versions and that, by the time this releases it will be even cheaper...Yeah, I can see myself doing that. Honestly, if they just give us a graphically updated port with new skills and increased level destructibility, I will be happy.

Well, hopefully it comes to PC. Microsoft has been making a subtle push to make things 'Microsoft' exclusives, not xbone exclusives. I can't even come up with any Xbone exclusives right now that don't flat out require the kinetic (though I will admit I have not been paying any attention to xbone releases)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: June 14, 2014, 01:39:44 pm »

I find it hilarious that Xan, who was always pretending he was a big bad monster who would consume te universe at some point yada yada, yet the second he tries to absorb a living thing he gets completely overpowered. And by Stacy the dancing robot no less.

Stacy and Xan are like a maelstrom of incompetence. 
It actually is hilarious that the one time he tries to help someone for no reason other than he likes them this happens, while all the other shenanigans he's pulled have involved a temp-death at best. But this is a unique case, since Xan's absorbed brains before, Sod and sentient both. There's something special about Stacy - after all, not just any old shmuck can overpower 30 willpower.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: June 14, 2014, 01:47:59 pm »

Weren't those brains dead though?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: June 14, 2014, 02:55:20 pm »

Just hope Int isn't involved.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:27:59 pm by Devastator »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: June 14, 2014, 02:55:47 pm »

Also, IIRC Stacy had a dream/hallucination that put him in contact with one of the Eldritch Abominations of the ER-verse, to the point where he painted a picture of it that caused mental aberrations in people who viewed it. Said picture got him memory-wiped to a point before he came on the ship, and a standing order to shoot him where he stands if he ever remembers anything about it.  :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: June 14, 2014, 04:26:06 pm »

Weren't those brains dead though?
No, I've eaten the lightning fish dude, so I'd imagine that would've done something. It was probably his exposure to that star-eating thing.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: June 14, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »

No, I've eaten the lightning fish dude, so I'd imagine that would've done something. It was probably his exposure to that star-eating thing.

Or maybe it was the way the two preeminent overshooting minds of this generation suddenly smacked into each other?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6084 on: June 14, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »

Or maybe it was the way the two preeminent overshooting minds of this generation suddenly smacked into each other?

Via overshooting, no less.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: June 14, 2014, 04:50:05 pm »

I wonder what would've occurred had I gotten an 8.

Sig! Onol

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: June 14, 2014, 04:51:05 pm »

I wonder what would've occurred had I gotten an 8.

Xan, better fix that quote. :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: June 14, 2014, 04:52:33 pm »

Nah, that fits.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: June 14, 2014, 05:04:21 pm »

Can't wait for the debriefing.
“Team A, you blew up a city block and then damaged half the city and the spaceport during the police chase that followed. Team B, you melted a large part of the ice cap and now there's a proto-altered with an amp loose on the planet. I really don't know what to say about this except..."
"...kudos to Team C for not screwing up the most delicate of the missions."

here's something special about Stacy - after all, not just any old shmuck can overpower 30 willpower.
Perhaps that you weren't trying to mulch Stacy's mind out of existence?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: June 14, 2014, 05:05:06 pm »

I dunno - it had something to do with the massive overshoot I had.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 2205