Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494666 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6060 on: June 14, 2014, 02:08:30 am »

...so, just a thought, I know it's just barely started, but anyone else feel like we are in the beginning stages of a -9 incident? Or am I the only one?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: June 14, 2014, 02:10:23 am »

Well, I can't control that, but I'm not going to complain or anything. Plus tokens. You have my permission to do so. If you can get my retarded clone to comprehend it. Maybe feed it flesh so it can repair it.
...so, just a thought, I know it's just barely started, but anyone else feel like we are in the beginning stages of a -9 incident? Or am I the only one?
Stan has the capability to roll a 9, so yes.

We need an 'incidents' page on the wiki.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: June 14, 2014, 02:46:22 am »

We need an 'incidents' page on the wiki.
Already have one. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: June 14, 2014, 04:30:31 am »

I like that 'Stan' is now a thing. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: June 14, 2014, 04:34:08 am »

Well, we'll have to see what happens next turn.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: June 14, 2014, 07:19:21 am »

Sta9?
Only if the thing gets out of the hole. The likeliest scenarios I see involve it not leaving said hole and either being firebombed, incinerating itself, or simply not being able to escape.
Of course, if it does and we don't stop it...and it reaches a major center of population...definitely.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: June 14, 2014, 07:24:03 am »

As far as the 'resilience' of battlesuit plate to lasers, I'm going on the fact that PW explicitly told me that they wouldn't do much against a battlesuit at all, and didn't give me a time for how long it'd take to melt through even a single plate.  Between that, the fact that it would be very difficult to hold a laser on any single part of a battlesuit for any length of time if the pilot isn't comatose, and the general effectiveness of a cutting laser against just about anything else, I decided that battlesuits are practically immune to lasers.  Maybe not completely, but practically.

Could you perhaps link to that? I'm not sure what thread you tested that in.

Also, I'm probably gonna add (somewhere in the future) that thing about cutting lasers being able to cut through battlesuit given time, cause I kinda think there's an important difference between 'not capable' and 'practically immune'.

I find it hilarious that Xan, who was always pretending he was a big bad monster who would consume te universe at some point yada yada, yet the second he tries to absorb a living thing he gets completely overpowered. And by Stacy the dancing robot no less.

Stacy and Xan are like a maelstrom of incompetence.
By the way, what inclination would Simus have to defrost Xan from an IC point? Not that you shouldn't do it if it gives the player another chance, but I kinda doubt she would be verry happy about allowing a new one to run loose after what the original just pulled.
I just realized that Steve and the AM are still talking to Miyamoto.
they can't hear us ehehehehehe
Quantum entanglement communication. Pretty sure all the various parts of Steve are always in touch with each other.
inb4 Steve's solution is to drop Jim and Miyamoto down there to annihilate Stan.
"So, what are we going to do down there?"
"Burn it."
"Burn what?"
"All of it."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:29:32 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: June 14, 2014, 07:29:51 am »

Hooray! The fact I went on a machine gun rampage will be overshadowed by the Stacy-Xan aberration!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6068 on: June 14, 2014, 08:15:43 am »

Can't wait for the debriefing.
“Team A, you blew up a city block and then damaged half the city and the spaceport during the police chase that followed. Team B, you melted a large part of the ice cap and now there's a proto-altered with an amp loose on the planet. I really don't know what to say about this except" *activates everybody's shock implants*

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6069 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:50 am »

Oh, btw I think I know what that title for mission 15 is referencing. This Penny Arcade strip!
Nope

Really it's only vaguely related to that, but I've been playing through drakengard 3 and reliving old memories of drakengard, so the "I. HEAR. A. SOUND." quote and the idea of a singing abomination were on my mind.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6070 on: June 14, 2014, 09:36:59 am »

They're releasing a new Phantom dust game on the xbox one.

Now I have to buy a fucking xbox one. I am simultaneously overjoyed and pissed off.

In case you're wondering, Phantom Dust is one of my all time favorite games, one I played like 600 hours of or something ridiculous like that.  It also partially inspired Perplexicon's system. I still have my original xbox and my copy of the original game despite the fact that they are now a decade old.

I don't...I can't...I'm gonna go sacrifice something to something else in the hopes that this won't suck. Please, do not let it suck.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: June 14, 2014, 09:45:46 am »

Wow, you sure you wanna buy an xbone just for that one game? Even if it's good, you'll still be stuck with a goddamn xbone. Maybe they'll go cross-platform at a later date (unlikely, but one can dream).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6072 on: June 14, 2014, 09:51:10 am »

Wow, you sure you wanna buy an xbone just for that one game? Even if it's good, you'll still be stuck with a goddamn xbone. Maybe they'll go cross-platform at a later date (unlikely, but one can dream).
I am seriously fucking considering it. What with the fact that they've started releasing cheaper, non-kinect versions and that, by the time this releases it will be even cheaper...Yeah, I can see myself doing that. Honestly, if they just give us a graphically updated port with new skills and increased level destructibility, I will be happy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: June 14, 2014, 09:52:27 am »

Oh yeah, that's what Phantom Dust is. I didn't expect it to get a sequel honestly, with its original sales and whatnot. Thought it was going to be Crackdown, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was something else. Microsoft had a decent conference, way better than Sony, who had Dead Man's Sky, which looks amazing, and...some other stuff I guess.

But Nintendo though. Canvas curse. Yoshi. Skyrim Zelda. When Abraham Lincoln, Elijah Wood, and motherfuckin' original gangsta' Ice-T were all confirmed for Smash Bros, I was dead. Oooh damn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: June 14, 2014, 10:03:45 am »

They're releasing a new Phantom dust game on the xbox one.

Now I have to buy a fucking xbox one. I am simultaneously overjoyed and pissed off.

In case you're wondering, Phantom Dust is one of my all time favorite games, one I played like 600 hours of or something ridiculous like that.  It also partially inspired Perplexicon's system. I still have my original xbox and my copy of the original game despite the fact that they are now a decade old.

I don't...I can't...I'm gonna go sacrifice something to something else in the hopes that this won't suck. Please, do not let it suck.

Well, it's said to be a remake with new gameplay and better graphics so... depends on your definition of "suck". Nevermind buying a new console for just one game (I honestly considered getting a PS2 at some point to play Shadow of the Colossus), but especially if this game is essentially the same thing as another thing you already have...

It'd be kinda like Conker: Live and Reloaded. Same thing but prettier, even when graphics were by far not the most important thing in the original.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 2205