Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486631 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4590 on: May 21, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »

I wonder what the Doc, AM and others do while we travel between missions. Since I'm kinda immortal, I might be able to not have to go in stasis.

That said, I'll probably be forced to, but still.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: May 21, 2014, 05:06:36 pm »

Now that we got confirmation we could just try to disguise synth-flesh, I'm almost sad we don't have one of them to hide behind in case a gunfight breaks out. Oh well, their size would probably still be a bit too eye-catching anyway - IIRC, even the agility sexbot model Faith has is still very tall.

And I still need to know whether Spinal_Taper/Thomas is around. Can still use him like a zombie in case ST starts to miss actions.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:08:22 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: May 21, 2014, 05:19:10 pm »

What kind of options are there for nonlethal weapons? Tranquilizer guns? Stun batons? I assume my character would've seen them used by police forces or in movies. Armoury doesn't seem to have anything, but i figure these would come under "misc".

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: May 21, 2014, 05:23:41 pm »

What kind of options are there for nonlethal weapons? Tranquilizer guns? Stun batons? I assume my character would've seen them used by police forces or in movies. Armoury doesn't seem to have anything, but i figure these would come under "misc".
Yeah, they do come under misc. that probably includes my bolt action as well.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: May 21, 2014, 05:31:10 pm »

Should i buy a battlesuit for mission C, or are we afraid that 2 battlesuits and an avatar will horribly upscale the difficulty?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4595 on: May 21, 2014, 06:27:56 pm »

Should i buy a battlesuit for mission C, or are we afraid that 2 battlesuits and an avatar will horribly upscale the difficulty?
There's always the chance there are going to be small corridors. Remember, we're going to be mining through the ice. I could probably use my mining laser and plasma beam to widen any hole but the first squad going in is probably going to be on foot. Better have a veteran that can help our non-giant robot people.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4596 on: May 21, 2014, 06:43:50 pm »

Just to double check... am I sitting this one out? just realised I forgot bold text in my volunteer post... no problem if I am, just last time I managed to miss having been accepted on the mission so I'd hate to screw up my next post because I got confused

Holy fuck another rookie that wasn't on the list? DANG IT IRONY!

You're on mission C now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4597 on: May 21, 2014, 06:44:18 pm »

-snip-
You...why do make me wait one day longer to get my new body because I didn't specify my headgear. You monster. It's my own damn fault, I know
What.

What?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: May 21, 2014, 06:45:01 pm »

Piecewise:
Alright. Team A, You get paid after the fact depending on success. But you can basically get anything you want from the armory for free, as long as it fits in your case.

I assume there are some limits to this?  Lars wants that amp (and a decomp for it, and a con decomp...) but I really don't expect you to hand out 15 token amps for free.  The only serious thing Lars wants in the case is a high-caliber handgun and a reload.

Team A:  That means that if anyone needs spare case room, Lars is sure to have some.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4599 on: May 21, 2014, 06:50:27 pm »

Oh dear.

And I've been...flaky? I wouldn't call May the most competent of people, but she was around. :<
I'm pretty sure team G had one person posting each day, at best. And it usually wasn't you.

If you're actually gonna be around and acting, I'll squeeze ya in, Along with a dozen rookies who went missing thanks irony, But I just want to minimize the number of zombie players on active missions, since they take spots that active players could have had.

Piecewise:
Alright. Team A, You get paid after the fact depending on success. But you can basically get anything you want from the armory for free, as long as it fits in your case.

I assume there are some limits to this?  Lars wants that amp (and a decomp for it, and a con decomp...) but I really don't expect you to hand out 15 token amps for free.  The only serious thing Lars wants in the case is a high-caliber handgun and a reload.

Team A:  That means that if anyone needs spare case room, Lars is sure to have some.
No space magic, remember. Least none I'm paying for. You can bring it, but steve ain't gonna pay for someone to overload an organo-chem amp and...well, you remember what happened last time.

HEY SIMUS, YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK YOUR DEEP MINING SYSTEMS HA HA.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: May 21, 2014, 06:55:43 pm »

Oh dear.

And I've been...flaky? I wouldn't call May the most competent of people, but she was around. :<
I'm pretty sure team G had one person posting each day, at best. And it usually wasn't you.

If you're actually gonna be around and acting, I'll squeeze ya in, Along with a dozen rookies who went missing thanks irony, But I just want to minimize the number of zombie players on active missions, since they take spots that active players could have had.

Alright, I'll take a significant portion of the responsibility for that, but that was May. She never really was a mission character, something I hope to change with someone more combat-orientated.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: May 21, 2014, 07:02:48 pm »

Well sorry, but you know how easy it is for dozens of rookies to vanish suddenly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: May 21, 2014, 07:04:06 pm »

-snip-
You...why do make me wait one day longer to get my new body because I didn't specify my headgear. You monster. It's my own damn fault, I know
What.

What?
well, you replied to my post about getting clothes that fit the synth body. but you didnt acually do my acion of buying, stat shuffling and getting installed into the body.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4603 on: May 21, 2014, 07:10:50 pm »

Well sorry, but you know how easy it is for dozens of rookies to vanish suddenly.
I'm just giving ya shit. Thanks for helping, regardless. And yeah, I know about how rookies seem to have a bad habit of scurrying into or out of cracks.

Oh dear.

Alright, I'll take a significant portion of the responsibility for that, but that was May. She never really was a mission character, something I hope to change with someone more combat-orientated.
Welp. Mission B or C?

-snip-
What.

What?
well, you replied to my post about getting clothes that fit the synth body. but you didnt acually do my acion of buying, stat shuffling and getting installed into the body.
Yeah I did. Check the idiots in space.

I just didn't acknowledge it because I was in a rush, which is really my fault. But yeah, it's there. Don't worry about it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: May 21, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »

B Please.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 2205