Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493537 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3480 on: May 07, 2014, 10:01:04 am »

SPAAAAAAAACE BAAAAAAAATTLE!

Closure! Hooraay!

Question at PW:

how will you handle the thing with rookies and vets for missions? Will you continue mixing like before, or are you going to run a 'newbie only' mission, or what? Just curious.

Well, that depends. I was planning on just continuing to mix, although the power levels of some of the vets means that, from a meta game standpoint, the newbies might want to consider keeping a safe distance from Milno or Jim, for instance, Since they're calling down the finger of god in terms of difficulty. So I may split them up somewhat, between "dangerous" and "Suicide"

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: May 07, 2014, 10:17:53 am »

This is a small service announcement.

I'd like to know how many newbies there are, to know how many bonus tokens those would get as a way of catching up.

Therefore, I'd like everyone who is eligible to say so. People with 0 or 1 missions are applicable. Defence of Hephaustus does not count (which includes the boarding of the ships), nor do those mini missions we had before. The assault on Hephaustus does count. So if your first mission was either assault or defense of Hephaestus, you are eligible. People who have 0 missions but didn't participate in this one are not applicable (unless there's, like, a million tokens and very few people).

According to the wiki, eligible newbies are:
  • Steve Saint
  • Jhoseph Wilkes
  • Sean O'Derry (Inactive)
  • "Dark Angel"
  • Thaddeus
  • Dern Hernau (Inactive)
  • Lerman Russ
  • Dominika Novak (Inactive)
  • Hasala Nabin/Felix Grant
  • Magilla
  • Marcius Rolande (Inactive?)
  • Dubley Steptimus (1 mission)
  • Leo Girard (1 mission)
  • Jack/Theodore Catar (1 mission)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: May 07, 2014, 10:20:55 am »

SPAAAAAAAACE BAAAAAAAATTLE!

Closure! Hooraay!

Question at PW:

how will you handle the thing with rookies and vets for missions? Will you continue mixing like before, or are you going to run a 'newbie only' mission, or what? Just curious.

Well, that depends. I was planning on just continuing to mix, although the power levels of some of the vets means that, from a meta game standpoint, the newbies might want to consider keeping a safe distance from Milno or Jim, for instance, Since they're calling down the finger of god in terms of difficulty. So I may split them up somewhat, between "dangerous" and "Suicide"

Well since you're planning on running several missions concurrently anyway, it makes sense to split up the characters. A mission that requires the strength of an Avatar of War and battlesuits could be entirely separate from a mission that can be dealt with (theoretically) by a pack of recruits and a squaddie. That's not to say that some recruits couldn't go on the monstrously difficult mission, they'd just have a monstrously difficult time surviving.

It'd be neat if the pre-mission briefing made an attempt to assess the difficulty of the mission though, to that end. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: May 07, 2014, 10:24:31 am »

I'd like to know how many newbies there are, to know how many bonus tokens those would get as a way of catching up.

Therefore, I'd like everyone who is eligible to say so. People with 0 or 1 missions are applicable. Defence of Hephaustus does not count (which includes the boarding of the ships), nor do those mini missions we had before. The assault on Hephaustus does count. So if your first mission was either assault or defense of Hephaestus, you are eligible. People who have 0 missions but didn't participate in this one are not applicable (unless there's, like, a million tokens and very few people).

• Steve Saint
  • Jhoseph Wilkes
  • "Dark Angel"
  • Thaddeus
  • Dern Hernau (Inactive)
  • Lerman Russ
  • Hasala Nabin/Felix Grant
  • Magilla
  • Dubley Steptimus (1 mission)
  • Leo Girard (1 mission)
  • Jack/Theodore Catar (1 mission)

Thank you kind sir, that information will be quite useful for my tax evasion bean counting purposes.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:26:07 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: May 07, 2014, 10:28:04 am »

I wonder what role best describes Jack. Rifleman? Combat Engineer?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: May 07, 2014, 10:39:57 am »

• Steve Saint 00
    • Jhoseph Wilkes 00
    • "Dark Angel"
    • Thaddeus  00
    • Dern Hernau (Inactive)
    • Lerman Russ
    • Hasala Nabin/Felix Grant  00
    • Magilla 00
    • Dubley Steptimus  00 (1 mission)
    • Leo Girard (1 mission)
    • Jack/Theodore Catar  00 (1 mission)
Small note: I'm pretty adamant on only handing out those tokens to people that actually come forth and 'claim them', so to speak. To avoid giving stuff to characters who won't get played anymore anyways. If you think a particular person just happens to be on a temporary hiatus, one could send them a pm to inform them. I'm not sure on who's gone and who's lurking though.

That said, thank you for that list.[/list]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:26:37 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: May 07, 2014, 10:43:29 am »

Your the jack with all the vehicles right?

Id say "Pilot" and/or "Systems Analyst/Hacker"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:50:23 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: May 07, 2014, 10:46:57 am »

I personally would be interested on going on the veteran suicide missions more than the newbie missions, despite still being a noob.
Higher risk, higher reward, more fun.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: May 07, 2014, 10:53:45 am »

I personally would be interested on going on the veteran suicide missions more than the newbie missions, despite still being a noob.

Trouble is, if you go on the higher level missions, it means your chances of significantly contributing and thus earning tokens or having fun are significantly lesser. And you can still get amazing rewards for newbie looting missions - see Mission 7, for instance.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: May 07, 2014, 10:54:22 am »

Someone get this beacon of manhood a belt of grenades and a placebo shield, there still be suicide missions yet to fill their quota's.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: May 07, 2014, 11:04:49 am »

Your the jack with all the vehicles right?

Id say "Pilot" and/or "Systems Analyst/Hacker"
Yep. Don't forget all the guns as well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: May 07, 2014, 11:37:04 am »

I'm tempted to have Grate tag along with Jim to set a new record for mission fatalities. (I'm pretty sure we could get over 9,000% if the mission went on for a couple hundred turns. Even with a more reasonable turn count, we might reach 1000%.)

*sigh* I'm always one mission too experienced. I guess someone had to be, but still.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: May 07, 2014, 11:51:18 am »

Mesk will get jealous if you move in on his spine-breaking gig.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: May 07, 2014, 12:34:30 pm »

I feel the need to remind you that Grate only recovers from death, not injury. So he won't be able to move in on any spine-breaking gigs, unless Jim is very thorough in his spine-breaking.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3494 on: May 07, 2014, 12:37:48 pm »

I feel the need to remind you that Grate only recovers from death, not injury. So he won't be able to move in on any spine-breaking gigs, unless Jim is very thorough in his spine-breaking.
I'm not that good with anatomy, but if he breaks his spine high enough, wouldn't that make his lungs stop working?
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 2205