Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491985 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1890 on: March 24, 2014, 02:29:46 pm »

Well, that sucks. I knew I should have sat this one out. Ah, well. New character sheet in a few hours.

Your new character could command a sod team, that'll let you participate in the mission at least. Would you like that?

Yes, please. If Team E getting mangled as well wasn't a mistake, that is.

Oh shit Felix is dead. I liked him. He was competent.

Thank you. :)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 24, 2014, 02:32:30 pm »

Well, it'll take me a bit to become combat-ready after that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 24, 2014, 02:41:26 pm »

Agreed. I love when piecewise gets descriptive, though it seems he gets more motivated to write well when the outcome of our decisions turns out horribly. Well, here's hoping the sharkmist infestation actually does something helpful and assists in Milno's rapid recovery.

And I was about to comment our way of assaulting ships should probably be used as part of the propaganda since I doubt any non-sod composed military force would be crazy/daring/stupid enough to accept being shot towards enemy ships in order to board them.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 24, 2014, 02:53:48 pm »

And I was about to comment our way of assaulting ships should probably be used as part of the propaganda since I doubt any non-sod composed military force would be crazy/daring/stupid enough to accept being shot towards enemy ships in order to board them.
Sounds more like something the UWM would use in their propaganda...

((Wow.  This descriptive writing is why we need to get back to standard missions- this is the area PW shines (and clearly enjoys, given the greatly expanded detail.)
((Indeed.))

Attempt to reform myself into a form better suited for combat than a pile of ooze - something resembling a NuCom Chryssalid, perhaps, but with the brain in the torso?
I can't find original X-COM cryssalids. What did they look like?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 24, 2014, 03:03:08 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 24, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »

The wiki has been updated according to Toaster's list

(( well, strictly speaking, I updated it before I checked the OCC thread, but eh :P ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 24, 2014, 03:47:18 pm »

I wonder if the pods, so stuffed with medical tech, are capable of regenerating synthflesh? Or at least normal robotic repairs (which would be pretty much everything except the torso).

Also, this is why I signed up for this game in the first place: These wonderful, usually brutal, descriptions. And even a permadeath on the ride up.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 24, 2014, 03:49:56 pm »

I assume by leaving it on 'g-force protection'.

Steve said the correct option for dead teammates is "Suspend".
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 24, 2014, 04:05:37 pm »

Speaking of team names:

1.  Don't forget to put your team letter in your post.
2.  I'm dubbing Team F "Defenders of the Faith."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 24, 2014, 04:08:55 pm »

Crud not going to be able to help with this one.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 24, 2014, 04:11:24 pm »

Speaking of team names:

1.  Don't forget to put your team letter in your post.
2.  I'm dubbing Team F "Defenders of the Faith."

And Team B is dubbed Wild Weasels. Because what we just did would elicit the same response from a sane person that the WW concept elicited from the E-Warfare pilots assigned to it.

Oh, and if the pod can't make me useful in time but can fix my radio and such, can I get command of any sod team that might have hit the same ship as Team B?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 24, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »

Yaaay, I died. Whelp, seems I won't be doing anything any time soon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1902 on: March 24, 2014, 05:17:50 pm »

How I feel whenever Flint survives one of those high risk of death situations: http://youtu.be/Tl0LZsyi_tA

Since you're a robot and thus your parts are interchangeable, I'll see if I can get that pod to replace your limbs and send you back out. Or maybe get Skylar to do it since my AUX skill isn't that good. Unless your braincase is damaged too.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 24, 2014, 05:21:22 pm »

How I feel whenever Flint survives one of those high risk of death situations: http://youtu.be/Tl0LZsyi_tA

Since you're a robot and thus your parts are interchangeable, I'll see if I can get that pod to replace your limbs and send you back out. Or maybe get Skylar to do it since my AUX skill isn't that good. Unless your braincase is damaged too.
I believe the braincase was a-okay. But I somehow doubt the pod has spare pancaek-parts lying around. Still, I appreciate that you're willing to try. You could also just get skylar to just jury-rig a camera on the braincase, seeing as I only really need to see to attack. It would be kinda of amusing to have skylar hust carry around my brain and point a camera at stuff he wants dead.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 24, 2014, 05:40:57 pm »

It replaced my mangled leg, so it does have robot limbs.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 2205