Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491938 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1875 on: March 24, 2014, 12:33:43 pm »

Hay, maybe RC should post saying that Miyamoto takes command of a Sod team? And someone else should do the same with the other? Because I think piecewise might not shoot them up there otherwise.

If nobody else claims the two remaining sod teams, Miya will command them. And he'd keep them in reserve to back up a team should they get in trouble or if they know they won't be capable of taking control and need help with extraction or something. Mostly so we won't get that situation where one team has people to spare while another desperately needs more manpower.

Can Jack take command of one of the Sod teams?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 24, 2014, 01:33:14 pm »

Hay, maybe RC should post saying that Miyamoto takes command of a Sod team? And someone else should do the same with the other? Because I think piecewise might not shoot them up there otherwise.

If nobody else claims the two remaining sod teams, Miya will command them. And he'd keep them in reserve to back up a team should they get in trouble or if they know they won't be capable of taking control and need help with extraction or something. Mostly so we won't get that situation where one team has people to spare while another desperately needs more manpower.

Can Jack take command of one of the Sod teams?

Certainly, but one small thing: isn't he also in a boarding team himself? Cause if yes, I think he'll have enough to worry about already. And we don't know yet what teams will go where, so yeah, jack's team might not need the extra forces (and fighting on one ship while commanding sods on another seems a bit unwieldy).

Can we stop beating that dead horse?
That horse has been resurrected so many times now, it might be prudent to increase the severity of the beatings, just to be sure.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:38:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 24, 2014, 01:37:39 pm »

Certainly, but one small thing: isn't he also in a boarding team himself? Cause if yes, I think he'll have enough to worry about already. And we don't know yet hat teams will go where, so yeah, jack's team might not need the extra forces (and fighting on one ship while commandon sods on another seems bit unwieldy).

There is obviously only one solution. Turn over command of the unclaimed team to Stacy. He's trustworthy, right?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 24, 2014, 01:44:50 pm »

Certainly, but one small thing: isn't he also in a boarding team himself? Cause if yes, I think he'll have enough to worry about already. And we don't know yet hat teams will go where, so yeah, jack's team might not need the extra forces (and fighting on one ship while commandon sods on another seems bit unwieldy).

There is obviously only one solution. Turn over command of the unclaimed team to Stacy. He's trustworthy, right?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but since Stacy is also on a team already, he's in the exact same position as Jack, isn't he?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 24, 2014, 01:48:32 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but since Stacy is also on a team already, he's in the exact same position as Jack, isn't he?

Oh no. Not at all. You can't trust that Jack person to exert control over a unit of sods when they're not on the same ship, obviously, but Stacy's a whole different situation. Stacy could command a whole battalion in absentia. After all, how hard could it be for a man of his talents?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 24, 2014, 01:59:34 pm »

I think command over sod teams should only be given to people who aren't in boarding teams themselves. I'm under the impression we'll have our hands full already.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 24, 2014, 02:09:07 pm »

Well, that sucks. I knew I should have sat this one out. Ah, well. New character sheet in a few hours.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 24, 2014, 02:11:23 pm »

Holy shit. Can't stop laughing.

Also, I wonder where Team F landed...

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 24, 2014, 02:12:39 pm »

Heh, at least I managed to survive. I think, at least.
EDIT: I guess the E in team E stands for Expendable :P
At least the more experienced person survived.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 24, 2014, 02:16:39 pm »

Oh shit Felix is dead. I liked him. He was competent.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 24, 2014, 02:20:54 pm »

Boarding Team A:

Flint Westwood (Parisbre56)
    Pancaek Nilys (Pancaek)  Dead Head
    Stacy Buttle (Harry Baldman)  Dead Head
    Skylar Niabs (Kriellya)

Boarding Team B:

Simus (PyroDesu)  Badly mangled, can barely communicate and not much else
    Morul Migrurkeshin (kisame12794)  Will wake up to find a roboleg
    Xan (Xantalos) Is dog food and a head
    Dubley Steptimus (NAV)

Boarding Team D ("Dirtbag"):

Milno Enedrasi (Caellath)  Broken spine, disemboweled; attempting to stabilize
    Thaddeus (renegadelobster)
    Jack "Knight" Catar (Alarith)  Dead Head
    Steve Saint (Syvarris)   Dead Head

Boarding Team E:

Felix Grant (Swordsmith04)  Permakilled
    Lerman Russ (smurfingtonthethird)  Lost all limbs but left arm
    Bishop Willis (Zako)
    Magilla (darkpaladin109)   Cut in half

Do we know why E was hit?  It wasn't in the "shell malfunction" list.

In any case, Thaddeus and Bishop are not going to be happy when they wake up alone.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 24, 2014, 02:21:36 pm »

Well, that sucks. I knew I should have sat this one out. Ah, well. New character sheet in a few hours.

Your new character could command a sod team, that'll let you participate in the mission at least. Would you like that?

EDIT: thank you Toaster for that damage assesment, that'll help keeping track of things. Was gonna do that myself, but you already did a commendable job.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:23:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 24, 2014, 02:22:46 pm »

That turn was worth getting through the battle for! Love to see the splashed blood, so to speak.

Also, pretty cool that none of the sods seemed to meet any terrible fates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 24, 2014, 02:24:28 pm »

Also, pretty cool that none of the sods seemed to meet any terrible fates.

That we know of, at least.

EDIT:  I'm assuming Morul will wake up combat ready, hence why he isn't crossed out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 24, 2014, 02:26:43 pm »

Considering he was already a robot, and they just replaced his leg, I think he'll be fine.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 2205