Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491448 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1905 on: March 24, 2014, 05:53:14 pm »

Judging by the fact it hasnt "healed" anyone who got cut in half or the like id say that the pod is only capable of attaching arms and legs, i wonder if it could be programmed to give healthy people a "Jimification" procedure.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 24, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »

What, extra arms? You're already the known loot-whore, don't go biting my style too. :P At least wait until Jim dies and then claim you're doing it 'in memory' or something.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1907 on: March 24, 2014, 05:57:33 pm »

You could also just get skylar to just jury-rig a camera on the braincase, seeing as I only really need to see to attack. It would be kinda of amusing to have skylar hust carry around my brain and point a camera at stuff he wants dead.
That would be really amusing. Wondering if rigging some system to your shock implant to shock you whenever Skylar wants something in front of you dead would make your braincase count as conventional, unconventional or exotic.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 24, 2014, 06:03:26 pm »

Probably a con roll for whoever points the braincase, and then an exo roll for Pancaek.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1909 on: March 24, 2014, 06:09:44 pm »

Boarding Team A:

Flint Westwood (Parisbre56)
    Pancaek Nilys (Pancaek)  Dead Head
    Stacy Buttle (Harry Baldman)  Dead Head
    Skylar Niabs (Kriellya)

Boarding Team B:

Simus (PyroDesu)  Badly mangled, can barely communicate and not much else
    Morul Migrurkeshin (kisame12794)  Will wake up to find a roboleg
    Xan (Xantalos) Is dog food and a head
    Dubley Steptimus (NAV)

Boarding Team D ("Dirtbag"):

Milno Enedrasi (Caellath)  Broken spine, disemboweled; attempting to stabilize
    Thaddeus (renegadelobster)
    Jack "Knight" Catar (Alarith)  Dead Head
    Steve Saint (Syvarris)   Dead Head

Boarding Team E:

Felix Grant (Swordsmith04)  Permakilled
    Lerman Russ (smurfingtonthethird)  Lost all limbs but left arm
    Bishop Willis (Zako)
    Magilla (darkpaladin109)   Cut in half

Do we know why E was hit?  It wasn't in the "shell malfunction" list.

In any case, Thaddeus and Bishop are not going to be happy when they wake up alone.
Because I skipped a letter. That or they were damaged when they landed and I wrote it wrong. It's one of those, because I specifically remember rolling a perma-death, and theirs is the only one. I think it might be that I misread my list of the rolls when writing down the results and they should have been smashed on landing.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 24, 2014, 06:26:41 pm »

What, extra arms? You're already the known loot-whore, don't go biting my style too. :P At least wait until Jim dies and then claim you're doing it 'in memory' or something.
Why would i settle for mere robo-Jimification if you're dead?
Id probably just loot your arms and slap anyone who argues. :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 24, 2014, 06:28:03 pm »

Speaking of team names:

1.  Don't forget to put your team letter in your post.
2.  I'm dubbing Team F "Defenders of the Faith."

And Team B is dubbed Wild Weasels. Because what we just did would elicit the same response from a sane person that the WW concept elicited from the E-Warfare pilots assigned to it.

Oh, and if the pod can't make me useful in time but can fix my radio and such, can I get command of any sod team that might have hit the same ship as Team B?

Sure, why not. But remember that 2 sod teams are still on the ground, and that we don't know where the one sent up already landed (hell, we don't even know what team boarded which ship).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33:40 pm »

Damn. Just...damn. I think now would be a good time for some sod backup. I really don't want to try and solo a ship. I wonder if I could use a laser to cut a hole for comms? One that won't let enemies in
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 24, 2014, 08:29:18 pm »

(guys, you gotta chose a side to open up on, remember? Laser cutting system on each wall. Which one you open might make a difference, depending on which team you are.

Would advise not opening the one thats facing space.)

Why not?  We have suits; they may not.  Plus, an exterior disable may be viable (especially for Mr. Solo over there)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 24, 2014, 09:59:23 pm »

@renegade: Thaddeus can try to avoid flipping out and let us see what happens. I'm hoping Milno'll be back up and kicking in a few turns at most, and after that we're not totally screwed unless the other pods shot at the same ship as ours are some of the damaged ones. Then we are very likely screwed.

I have the nagging suspicion the fact piecewise played Dark Souls 2 may have rekindled his passion for very deadly team insertions.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 24, 2014, 11:01:26 pm »

behehehahaha
on the pods, everyone is horribly getting maimed or dying
but meanwhile
jim is just watching tv

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 25, 2014, 12:40:30 am »

@Caellath: It's only momentary, I promise. He wasn't expecting to be pretty much the only able bodied person in the shell when it landed. I just figured it would be in character for him to flip out a little bit and then try and ask for help, seeing as how hes pretty much a newbie
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 25, 2014, 01:02:40 am »

Yes, I understand that perfectly and would in fact be surprised if a newbie didn't flip out a little in a scenario like that. Problems would only start happening if he really flipped the crap out and started to make terrible/reckless decisions like many despairing people tend to do.

Edit: Forgot a letter.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:53:13 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 25, 2014, 01:31:43 am »

Nah, not gonna happen
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 2205