Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494731 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1590 on: March 12, 2014, 05:06:49 pm »

Actually 18 tokens isnt that big of a gap, i could probably find a buyer for the armored exosuit pretty easily so i really only need to make about 10 tokens off of this mission and i already have a few things to sell off.
Plus piecewise never ran my action to recover the battlesuits sword, shield and rocket pods, so thats probably gonna skew you results.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 12, 2014, 05:18:39 pm »

Personally, I was interested in the Hazardous Enviroment(?) Battlesuit. From what I remember it was a normal Battlesuit with a hell of a lot more protection against environmental hazards. Actually, now that I'm just a brain, I wonder if it would be possible to just hook my braincase directly to a Battlesuit, and strip any non-essential gear out and replace that with more armor. Screw the standard robobody, I wanna be a Battlesuit!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 12, 2014, 05:21:58 pm »

Actually 18 tokens isnt that big of a gap, i could probably find a buyer for the armored exosuit pretty easily so i really only need to make about 10 tokens off of this mission and i already have a few things to sell off.
Plus piecewise never ran my action to recover the battlesuits sword, shield and rocket pods, so thats probably gonna skew you results.

Oh, I'm sure there are people willing to buy your suit. Question is, is there anyone with the kind of tokens you'd want to get for it, who is also still interested in getting it? Most vets already have a suit they are fine with, and more newbie players don't have the amount of tokens you'll need. And seeing how we aren't getting that guaranteed 5 tokens as mission payment anymore, I don't suspect you'll make enough to get a battlesuit after this mission. After the next one, probably, but 18 in one go is quite the gap I think (and a battlesuit is pretty high-end gear, the second best in the Armory even). And no matter how much loot you gather, if you can't find a buyer it won't get you any closer to a battleuit (and seeing how at least three players can easily construct swords and shields for free...)

Oh, and might wanna check with Irony if she doesn't want any of those things, since Faith was the one who killed the suit after all (though she didn't put it in her action, so I guess it's ok, I dunno).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 12, 2014, 05:43:59 pm »

Auron had already effectively killed the pilot, Faiths finishing blow was counterproductive to looting purposes.

Thats not to say im completely unwilling to share, irony did try letting me cripple him the turn before after all.

If i either cannot make the quota for the battlesuit or overshoot sonehow im perfectly willing to split some loot with her, but if selling tge gear and keeping the profits gets me to the twenty token mark...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 06:00:00 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 12, 2014, 07:26:46 pm »

And if you had kept them, maybe he would have outrun that star he made!
He did keep them, actually. Just not The Doctor's idea of them. How else do you think he was standing on the side of the dam when he did that?
Yeah, but wouldn't multiple legs allow you to run faster than just two? With two legs you have to keep one leg constantly on the wall, unless you've got some really strong legs. And ceilings would be even harder with two legs compared to more legs.
On the other hand, coordination.

Honestly, for the titan pilot suits, a MKIII is probably all you need. If I recall correctly (haven't played the game or been looking at footage that much) they don't really have anything helping them out except the jumpjet. They just use the acceleration from that to run along walls.
Which doesn't make any sense, I'd like to note. Effectively run along walls? Sure, but unless there's gravity or something pulling them towards the wall they'll just push themselves off. And more likely than not they'd crash into the walls.

Seeing how a howitzer is a long(ish)-range weapon (though yes, I know there are 'light' shorter-range ones), I don't think one could get stable firing if it's shoulder-mounted. A grenade launcher, sure, but I'd sooner expect a howitzer to be carried (probably needing both hands) and deployed before usage. It's kinda weird the UWM deployed a howitzer at such short range (unless the definition of howitzer has changed by now, or the expected earlier waves to have cleared a path so this one could start shelling us).
It's definitely a long-range weapon, but I can definitely see a specialized artillery battlesuit having a shoulder-mounted howitzer (and some kind of auxiliary, movement-impeding stability system they could deploy, say a "kickstand" reaching from the back to the ground or something).

And let it be noted that those of us without the capability to run into the middle of the battlefield to snag loot, or who lack the desire to abandon our posts to do so, disapprove of the "first grabbing first served" method of loot distribution.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 12, 2014, 07:32:49 pm »

It's all good, I've always got "The College Dropout" with me. That's a classic. Can't believe it's already been a decade since that album came out.
Thanks for reminding me of that one, listening to it now. Darn, I never actually listened to that from beginning to end. Always chunks here or there.

Always glad to spread the word and respark interest. That's how I got into it, and it really shows off the highlight's of Ye's talent. I can understand not liking him as a rapper, but the production is insanely good.

In relevant news, The Game of Thrones is coming out with its own rap album. If it does well, I'll finally be able to launch my RTD-themed album: "Roll or Die Tryin'".
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 12, 2014, 08:30:35 pm »

Quote from: GWG
And let it be noted that those of us without the
capability to run into the middle of the battlefield to
snag loot, or who lack the desire to abandon our
posts to do so, disapprove of the "first grabbing
first served" method of loot distribution.
Then let it also be noted that this is not a "first grab, first serve" method of loot distribution, its an "if you want loot, stop destroying it all" method.

i have repeatedly informed you guys that killing the enemy destroys over 90% of the loot and asked that you refrain from killing those i have incapacitated, requests that have been almost unilaterally ignored. If im the only one putting any effort into keeping loot active then i feel no obligation to share with those who are mindlessly destroying it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 12, 2014, 08:44:10 pm »

Ahem, let me share a lesson I learned long ago: It's fun to go on a destructive rampage, and broken loot is still loot.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 12, 2014, 08:44:19 pm »

It's all good, I've always got "The College Dropout" with me. That's a classic. Can't believe it's already been a decade since that album came out.
Thanks for reminding me of that one, listening to it now. Darn, I never actually listened to that from beginning to end. Always chunks here or there.

Always glad to spread the word and respark interest. That's how I got into it, and it really shows off the highlight's of Ye's talent. I can understand not liking him as a rapper, but the production is insanely good.

In relevant news, The Game of Thrones is coming out with its own rap album. If it does well, I'll finally be able to launch my RTD-themed album: "Roll or Die Tryin'".
I can't wait to torrent it.
 :P

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 12, 2014, 08:50:42 pm »

Just to be sure, this mixtape is a real thing.

I'll be banging this all summer when it comes out. Hell yeah.

"FUCK THE LANNISTERS AND ANYONE WHO RIDES WITH EM'"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 12, 2014, 09:12:45 pm »

Ahem, let me share a lesson I learned long ago: It's fun to go on a destructive rampage, and broken loot is still loot.
Except when its reduced to slag, which uwm loot is if if it has any moving components and the owner dies.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 12, 2014, 09:31:38 pm »

Then let it also be noted that this is not a "first grab, first serve" method of loot distribution, its an "if you want loot, stop destroying it all" method.
My mistake, it sounded like you were advocating the former.

i have repeatedly informed you guys that killing the enemy destroys over 90% of the loot and asked that you refrain from killing those i have incapacitated, requests that have been almost unilaterally ignored. If im the only one putting any effort into keeping loot active then i feel no obligation to share with those who are mindlessly destroying it.
*smacks UP repeatedly*
Well excuse us for wanting to kill the bastards instead of being killed!
Commander Bradford says it well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 12, 2014, 09:45:50 pm »

My mistake, it sounded like you were advocating the former.
I have never advocated first come first served.
I have only ever advocated "its yours if your the only one to notice it" and "dont break it i you wanna get paid."

*smacks UP repeatedly*
Well excuse us for wanting to kill the bastards instead of being killed!
Commander Bradford says it well.
If you wanna kill them, kill them. Just dont come crying to me when you dont get any loot fund bonuses.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 12, 2014, 10:48:50 pm »

@ syv: there are other, perhaps easier ways of getting what you want, like changeling masks, those UE cloaks or Organo-tissue Dominator Psychokinetic Amplifier.
Changeling masks... maybe.  Much mofe limited in what they can do though; I wanted to be able to manufacture medical chemicals/tools for free.
UE cloaks don't do what I want, I think.  I want to be able to look like other people, I thought those just did clothes.
Amps use Exo, rather than Will.  Also the flesh one costs fifteen tokens.

Seriously, I'm only going the shapeshift route if I can get it free (like Xan) or cheap (<7 tokens).  I probably can't, but probably isn't a reason to not try.

@loot distribution argument
I seem to remember RC saying that we'd use a "You kill it, you get its loot" system of distribution.  I don't care enough to look it up right now, but you might wanna check that before you go looting stuff that might not be yours.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 12, 2014, 11:00:32 pm »

I'm not going to involve myself in this newest argument (again with Unholy defending himself) since I don't really have a stake in it (Simus wouldn't even care, she's staying behind anyways), but I would like to note something:

I have only ever advocated "its yours if your the only one to notice it" and "dont break it i you wanna get paid."

With you declaring loot yours before the fighting in which you would get it began (and asking teammates to limit their own combat effectiveness so you can try to get it easier), it's essentially "Don't break it if you want Unholy Pariah to get paid" now. Even if you say you'll let them share in it, that only changes it to, "Don't break it if you want Unholy Pariah to get paid so he can pay you a part of it".

That's how it comes off to me, at least, and is all I'm going to say on the matter.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:25:13 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 2205