Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494699 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1575 on: March 11, 2014, 05:18:03 pm »

I thought he took the stairs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1576 on: March 11, 2014, 05:19:19 pm »

And if you had kept them, maybe he would have outrun that star he made!

He did keep them, actually. Just not The Doctor's idea of them. How else do you think he was standing on the side of the dam when he did that?
Yeah, but wouldn't multiple legs allow you to run faster than just two? With two legs you have to keep one leg constantly on the wall, unless you've got some really strong legs. And ceilings would be even harder with two legs compared to more legs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 11, 2014, 05:55:25 pm »

Those legs were the coolest thing in this game so far. Nekarios was dead to me from the moment he had them removed/changed. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1578 on: March 11, 2014, 06:06:48 pm »

Those legs were the coolest thing in this game so far. Nekarios was dead to me from the moment he had them removed/changed. :'(
You have an unusual definition of cool.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 11, 2014, 07:12:21 pm »

Its a 1 in 18 chance of affecting everyone yes, but other severity rolls may still hit bunkers or single out individual teammates.
1. It has NEVER affected EVERYONE.
2. That goes directly against what piecewise said. He said it took a 1 followed by a 1 or a 2 to get any friendly fire. Don't just make stuff up because it suits your point.
I hate when people do that.
1. Fine let me rephrase that, everyone in the target area/affected bunker. Quit being a pedantic twat.
2. Ill admit that i may have been wrong on the singling out teammates part, but rolling a 1-3 would probably still hit the bunker with a glancing blow.
1. Alright, now I can complain about your tautology.
2. ...Even though piecewise said friendly fire only happened on 1-1 and 1-2?

And for the record no im not making shit up, if anything im merely misinterpreting posts i cannot find or remember the exact wording of. Something i might add that you do with my posts constantly despite the fact that you are always directly quoting them, which is fucking annoying.
Well, I'm sorry that you have a bad memory and that I don't have telepathy.

i was so close to being able to attempt to disable the lifelocks on the melee battlesuit but irony unfortunately forgot to re-include the "if Auron succeeds" failsafe clause and vaporised the pilot before i had a chance to try.
Such is life.
Look on the bright side: If you had succeeded, the battlesuit probably wouldn't have fit and would have definitely smelled of sod sweat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 11, 2014, 11:13:58 pm »

More like
rocket pods + exoskeleton = MK3
MK3 + armor = battlesuit
battlesuit + sticky legs = titanthing

Titans don't climb on walls, you silly goose!

The titan pilots do.

So stickylegs + Mk3 then? Achievable.

Also, will I be able to join in boarding, or does the Doc take a while?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:21:29 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 12, 2014, 05:08:16 am »

Honestly, for the titan pilot suits, a MKIII is probably all you need. If I recall correctly (haven't played the game or been looking at footage that much) they don't really have anything helping them out except the jumpjet. They just use the acceleration from that to run along walls.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 12, 2014, 05:14:45 am »

Yeah but doing it with a stock mk III needs a successful aux/dex roll, i think he wants to give his character an innate wallrunning ability.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 12, 2014, 01:50:36 pm »

Bipedal wall running isn't too stable seeing as @Pyro's previous character fell to his death while trying to out run a newborn gravity-less star.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 12, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »

To be fair, he fell because the dam melted away, not because his legs malfunctioned.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 12, 2014, 02:13:31 pm »

I thought it was because he misstepped or something seeing as he had only one contact point to the wall half the time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 12, 2014, 02:29:55 pm »

[Dex:3]
You sprint up the side of the dam, the glowing ball hanging in place and continuing to grow behind you. It's growing faster now, exponentially so, and expanding into the dam, melting through like a white hot knife through liquid butter. You keep running as the glow chases you, the world becoming nothing but a fading sky engulfed in a tunnel of white light. And then the ground beneath you is gone, melted away beneath your feet. You fall back, eyes locked on that shrinking sky as the outer layers of the expanding sphere enshroud you. Your suit's alarms scream as it tries to vent heat, tries to keep itself intact. Your mechanical limbs glow briefly and then melt away, drifting like quick silver in zero-g around you.  You close your eyes as world around you becomes nothing but white.

(You are dead)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 12, 2014, 02:35:14 pm »

Ah, looks like I was mistaken then.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 12, 2014, 03:30:10 pm »

By the way, is there anything within the ER world you guys would like to learn more about? I ask for reasons.
The different solar systems of ER-verse sol, the current main planet, hapestus etc.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 12, 2014, 04:37:45 pm »

@ syv: there are other, perhaps easier ways of getting what you want, like changeling masks, those UE cloaks or Organo-tissue Dominator Psychokinetic Amplifier.

It's all good, I've always got "The College Dropout" with me. That's a classic. Can't believe it's already been a decade since that album came out.
Thanks for reminding me of that one, listening to it now. Darn, I never actually listened to that from beginning to end. Always chunks here or there.
That moment when you realise Dawn of War was released a decade ago.
Damn that game was awesome. Shootin' Eldar all day long. Then they teleport. Right into my Baneblade. Aww yeah.

Let's argue about more relevant things instead, like the merits of various Battlesuits!
I think we should remember there's a difference between combat/military missions like this one, and 'regular' HMRC-like missions. What some battleuits may lack (compared to other battlesuits) in direct combat capability, they can make up in adaptability and general usefulness in other missions.
What about that Howitzer? It's known that battlesuits and avatars, while resistant to lasers and heat, are not so resistant to kinetic damage, so you'd be a lot more dangerous.
I don't think that one was a variant, just a normal battlesuit with a big-ass howitzer.
Also, why do you think kinetic attacks are more effective? I don't recall that being the case, to be honest.

A Howitzer on one shoulder, a laser on one arm, and something else cool on the other would be a nice setup.
Seeing how a howitzer is a long(ish)-range weapon (though yes, I know there are 'light' shorter-range ones), I don't think one could get stable firing if it's shoulder-mounted. A grenade launcher, sure, but I'd sooner expect a howitzer to be carried (probably needing both hands) and deployed before usage. It's kinda weird the UWM deployed a howitzer at such short range (unless the definition of howitzer has changed by now, or the expected earlier waves to have cleared a path so this one could start shelling us).

I'm guessing the Heavy Laser loses the rocket pods, since it seems like a fair tradeoff in value.  It loses mobility for firepower.
I think it'll lose more than that. Maybe also the built-in kinetic amps. Otherwise, it'd be easier to just give a large laser to a regular battlesuit. Seeing how this is a separate variant, the laser (and generator, maybe) must be an integral part of the suit, so I suspect this one is really designed for (medium to) long range firepower, and keeping this up for a long time.
I did say "maybe if i get enough" it is entirely dependant on how much i get paid and how much loot i can recover before you guys melt it all out from under me.
i was so close to being able to attempt to disable the lifelocks on the melee battlesuit but irony unfortunately forgot to re-include the "if Auron succeeds" failsafe clause and vaporised the pilot before i had a chance to try.

Yeah, but 18 tokens is quite a gap to bridge, even if you sell all your other stuff. Selling it to the Armory won't net you that much (if the AM will even take it) and selling it to a player requires you to find a buyer first.

Also, might wanna check with Steve in-game whether disabling lifelocks is even possible. Maybe UWM sod commanders can disable the suit from afar. Or maybe the lifelocks are hidden deep inside the suit, and taking a whole suit apart in the middle of a battlefield might prove troublesome.

One of the ideas I had was saving up for a synthflesh body (after I get a decompensator of course) modified with extra strong leg muscles and sticky arms and legs so that if something was strong enough to damage the battlesuit or if I had to leave it for a while, then I could jump around like a pinball and walk on walls and ceilings to confuse the enemy.
I think the 20 tokens for the synthflesh might be better spend on upgrades for Gilgamesh or something. A lot of the benefits of synthflesh aren't usable inside a battlesuit, and if you need to get out of it something has gone wrong really.

There's no way I'm going to have the time to join the boarding parties, please take me off the team H list.
As you wish.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:43:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 2205