Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494958 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1500 on: March 09, 2014, 01:31:09 am »

Jeez, everyone seems to be getting riled up over a few threats. So what? If the character acts on them, just bitchslap them down with one of the higher level characters. Happens all the time.

I think the main danger is that just about anyone can instantly perma-kill anyone else with a lucky shoot, (with some exceptions of course) Xan included.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 09, 2014, 01:32:47 am »

True that, though Xan's likely to kill himself as well.

I'm totally getting a decomp after this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 09, 2014, 01:44:43 am »

Oh, and Harry, please make sure Miya doesn't see you with that manip. He promised he'd make him eat any manip he saw Stacy with, and I wouldn't want to find out if those are edible. Though it'd be interesting, for sure.

I concur that it would indeed be interesting! Priceless scientific data on both the robotic diet and the nutritional value of manipulators.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 09, 2014, 04:22:13 am »

The latter part is simply how I read everyone's Beef-talk that consisted of paragraphs of texts that really all meant, "HOW BOUT' I KILL YOU?"
This didn't happen in the old days, we just dealt with it.
Well, I was confused since that was in a post quoted from me, and I never threatened anyone (unless in jest, like saying Miya will make Stacy eat a manipulator, or saying characters who attack allies in-game can expect some consequences). I mean, I remember you guys also 'threatened' people before, but always in a 'OH GOD I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW IF WE MAKE IT OUT OF THIS IMMA KILL YOU DEAD WITH A RUBBER SPOON YOU OVERSHOOTING S.O.B.' But I can see how the tone could seem more hostile and serious this time. Still, with the way things are now anyone killing an ally now is all but committing suicide, what with synthflesh abominations hunting that person down for it (Jim and Miya should get a buddy cop movie or something).

At least read the rest of the paragraph before snipping
Hmm, I thought it referred to both our and their forces. Since the text mentions the artillery shell as well, and that thing hit our bunker, I thought the energy hit both our forces. But it's unclear what happened exactly, so I'll give you that one. By the way, what's the current plan for that bucket of bolts once the mission ends and we leave the system?
Speaking as controller of one of the dead characters, I consider that squarely under "shit happens."  I'll be disappointed if Lars doesn't get to charge into a boarding party screaming fanatically about one god or the other, but this is war, and war is hell.
Uhh, anyone an idea how long it usually takes people to get put in robobodies in-game? It should be a while before the boarding shuttles launch, so there is still a chance those players will get to play spacepirate as well (I certainly hope so).
On paper your statement makes sense.  In practice, well at least three bunkers got hit, and the Thundertron overloaded its weapon into the enemy.  So at the moment it would seem that the artillery is more dangerous than the Thundertron despite what probability says.
Yeah, I did the math some posts before, and while the chance of friendly fire happening once is fairly low, the chance of it happening at least once per full volley is alarmingly high. But that is something we didn't know before we knew the mechanics behind them, so there was no real planning possible for that. But hey, live and learn.

So, I was going to just post about how arguing over this stuff is stupid, because it obviously isn't going to be changing anyone's opinions, but it very well might alienate someone.
Fuck, my RL friends are either sleeping or getting funky. This is the best social outlet I got right now.
I love y'all.
If there's anyone annoyed by this somehow, we could stop anytime they want. That'll mean the subforum goes dead for a week, but eh, no big deal.

Also, TCM: want a brofist? manhug maybe? Secret handshake?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 09, 2014, 05:07:21 am »

I just realised I can't binge eat or drink anymore.

I SHALL TAKE VENGANCE

Even if lynching is out of the question, I'm sure Steve would agree to some light-hearted pranks.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:09:48 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 09, 2014, 05:09:42 am »

I SHALL TAKE VENGANCE

You probably can, actually, you just need to design some sort of eating mechanism. If you don't bother with digestion, you could just let it fester and then vomit it back out at people and creatures you don't like! Really, you'll probably be a robot and thus so mutable, it's not even funny. You can build anything you like for yourself!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 09, 2014, 05:22:43 am »

Cut out the digestive tract of your most hated enemy and nail it to your torso.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 09, 2014, 05:36:18 am »

I SHALL TAKE VENGANCE

Even if lynching is out of the question, I'm sure Steve would agree to some light-hearted pranks.  ;D
Or, ask Joseph for the secrets of binge drinking in a robot body. And broom-drinking for that matter :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 09, 2014, 05:40:30 am »

*looks at all the arguing about the artillery.*

I honestly don't care. It was just plain bad rolls that caused them to do that. At least it didn't permanent kill anyone. I think.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 09, 2014, 10:13:54 am »

Team S "Shipboard" Corpse, Steve Saint - Infirmary

Presumably be a head floating in green goo.  When asked whether I want to be a full bot or a bot with a head, blink three times for "I want to speak".

Once I've been hooked up to a lung machine, ask if The Doctor would be willing to give me the same 'enhancement' that he gave Xan.  If tokens are required, tell him that I can sell my emergency kit for three tokens, and I should get more by the end of the mission.

If I can't get the fleshwarping upgrade, be full body botted.

((Just FYI to PW, I won't be doing the same thing as Xan.  I'll be much more like the original thing- looking like a person most of the time, only changing shape in secret or when desperate.))

The doc is defending the Sword, I don't think he'll be able to help you with something like that right now.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 09, 2014, 10:36:59 am »

Speaking as controller of one of the dead characters, I consider that squarely under "shit happens."  I'll be disappointed if Lars doesn't get to charge into a boarding party screaming fanatically about one god or the other, but this is war, and war is hell.
Uhh, anyone an idea how long it usually takes people to get put in robobodies in-game? It should be a while before the boarding shuttles launch, so there is still a chance those players will get to play spacepirate as well (I certainly hope so).

I think it depends on PW's mood.  Go allll the way back to Mission 1, and Jim had to roll to be eligible for Mission 2.  Step forward to taking the planet, and people were getting fullbotted and running right back in.

Lars would prefer to stay human and just get roboguts, which I figure is most likely for him anyway as he rolled enough to just get death via chest piercing, not body pulping.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 09, 2014, 10:58:32 am »

The doc is defending the Sword, I don't think he'll be able to help you with something like that right now.

Yeah, I figure that's likely.  But I thought PW implied people are beginning the revival process, and anyways, at worst PW will just snarkily tell me to wait.

At best, I get to have a full fleshy body with the powers of The Thing.  Risk vs. Reward, y'know?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 09, 2014, 12:51:13 pm »

Realise my weapon is utterly ineffective, sit somewhere that isn't accessible from the air and twiddle with my kinetic amp.[pre[/pre]

You have a 1/3 bonus to Con and a Gauss rifle. There's not enough manpower for people to sit back and watch because they don't have an applicable full bonus. Please come help the team.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 09, 2014, 01:12:51 pm »

You don't get it. Your kludgebot required one bad roll to kill people--and given that both critfails and overshots are bad, anyone who needed it (ie anyone who wasn't senior enough to have a decomp) would have about a one-in-three chance of causing a catastrophe.

The artillery malfunctioning? That was a one-in-eighteen chance.
That's more than three-quarters of an order of magnitude of difference. You can't claim that they're functionally identical in risk.
On paper your statement makes sense.  In practice, well at least three bunkers got hit, and the Thundertron overloaded its weapon into the enemy.  So at the moment it would seem that the artillery is more dangerous than the Thundertron despite what probability says.
Which is irrelevant to the point I'm making--that the artillery should not be expected to be more dangerous than the kludgebot.

Okay youve completely missed my point, again, but yeah lets just argue this point.

My thundertron cannot critfail because i specifically gave it to an aux user with a +1 bonus, overshots deal damage at their target with harmful side effects so it wont hurt any teammates unless they are standing either in front of the gun or next to the target. That makes the thundertron safer than the artillery in all regards unless a character like, lets say miyamoto or renen, decides to run into melee and becomes at risk.
You're so confident that overshots can't hurt teammates, it's hilarious. I'm sure Jim would be glad to talk with you about that.
Or Feyri. Or--actually, any of the veterans.

(Jim and Miya should get a buddy cop movie or something)
Hm...Miya's the by-the-book cop, Jim's the good-hearted one?

Define "light-hearted pranks".

Realise my weapon is utterly ineffective, sit somewhere that isn't accessible from the air and twiddle with my kinetic amp.[pre[/pre]
You have a 1/3 bonus to Con and a Gauss rifle. There's not enough manpower for people to sit back and watch because they don't have an applicable full bonus. Please come help the team.
So much. I mean, Grate doesn't even have a bonus to Conventional and he's shooting!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 09, 2014, 01:31:47 pm »

I wonder out of all of us, which of us are still uninjured.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 2205