Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493875 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1485 on: March 08, 2014, 07:59:21 pm »

If i wanna apply those conditions to miyamoto i will, because i find it entertaining as hell that he threatens me before the mission about harming teammates with my defensive contribution then turns his on and it ends up doing more damage than my kludgebot ever could. Bask in the irony.
Oh and GWG, any malfunctions with the kludgebot are caused by the rng, so thats in the exact same boat as unlucky artillery shots.

The thundertron never fired into the bunker, it fired into the enemy outside the bunker and shut itself down due to overloading its electrical system, you can tell by the fact it caused zero endurance rolls.
Your artillery however has destroyed three whole bunkers, so dont be so quick to throw out insults in the future. Thats all im getting at here.

And yeah im yet to actually threaten anyone over the artillery strikes, i merely put forth a battle plan for any lynch mobs to follow and insisted that Simus+Miyamoto are responsible for the failed artillery strikes. Youll notice that i have been saying that you are responsible, but have not tried to hold either of you accountable. Although i realistically should, because you hit me twice and Auron has some serious issues with Simus that ive neglected to RP.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 08, 2014, 08:15:49 pm »

If i wanna apply those conditions to miyamoto i will, because i find it entertaining as hell that he threatens me before the mission about harming teammates with my defensive contribution then turns his on and it ends up doing more damage than my kludgebot ever could. Bask in the irony.
I never threatened anyone, that was just the (only) middle ground I could find between the two of you. I was being very lenient back then, don't make me regret it.

Also, all in all the friendly fire from our artillery tempkilled 4 players, killed 2 sods and destroyed 3 bunkers (not 100%. I expected more losses in that first wave honestly.

The thundertron never fired into the bunker, it fired into the enemy outside the bunker and shut itself down
Quote from: from PW
Ok so. The southern forces are hit by a combination of An artillery shell, Thundertron unloading so much energy into them through a laser that it accidentally overloads itself and shuts down
You were saying?

saying that you are responsible, but have not tried to hold either of you accountable.
I never claimed otherwise, that was pointed at other people who aren't making that distinction.

Also, remember that besides the unfortunate friendly fire, the artillery has also killed lots and lots of enemies. It probably has the second highest killcount (right after the laser battery).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »

Southern forces refers to the UWM who got hit with a seperate shell than the bunker.

Ok so. The southern forces are hit by a combination
of An artillery shell, Thundertron unloading so
much energy into them through a laser that it
accidentally overloads itself and shuts down, Xan
overshooting like a motherfucker and Faith perfect
shooting like a
mothertakingoutforanicedinnerandamovier. The
good news is that this combined effort wipes out
everything except a damaged battle suit and 3
normal sods
. Bad news is that the remaining sods
then manage to shoot pancaek in the stomach and
the remaining Battle suit charges into Thundertron
and cleaves several of it's legs off and damages the
laser cannon.

At least read the rest of the paragraph before snipping shit.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:51:00 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 08, 2014, 08:53:27 pm »

Speaking as controller of one of the dead characters, I consider that squarely under "shit happens."  I'll be disappointed if Lars doesn't get to charge into a boarding party screaming fanatically about one god or the other, but this is war, and war is hell.

And like I mentioned earlier- compared to the original Roadside Picnic, most of the alien landscapes we've been through are a cakewalk.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: March 08, 2014, 09:01:50 pm »

Eh, those are OOC 'threats', I don't take those seriously. When characters actually get into a standoff in-game, then we're talking. It's all been harmless banter up till now as far as I'm concerned. However,

BOW BOW BOW BOW WAKAAAAAAAA FLOCK BRICK SQUAD
Say whu?

I know that these aren't real actions yet, but simply the suggestion of "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I shot your character in the head hahaha that's a funny joke isn't it?" is enough to put me on guard. Take it how you want it, but I see this in the same vein as the whole Kendrick Lamar's Control fiasco with "I'm not threatening anyone, I simply stated that I'll murder everyone I see as a threat or competition on my way to the throne and I'll totally do it. But no threats."

The latter part is simply how I read everyone's Beef-talk that consisted of paragraphs of texts that really all meant, "HOW BOUT' I KILL YOU?"

Speaking as controller of one of the dead characters, I consider that squarely under "shit happens."  I'll be disappointed if Lars doesn't get to charge into a boarding party screaming fanatically about one god or the other, but this is war, and war is hell.

And like I mentioned earlier- compared to the original Roadside Picnic, most of the alien landscapes we've been through are a cakewalk.

I concur with this man. Danger close artillery and clusterfuck battles. A few temp-deaths and a few injuries. What's new? Why do we gotta' jump on the mutiny bandwagon every-time something goes wrong? This didn't happen in the old days, we just dealt with it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:05:37 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 08, 2014, 09:04:35 pm »

I'm with TCM here.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 08, 2014, 09:35:44 pm »

Oh, I didn't touch the link, it's still broken for me.
Huh. It looked fixed when I quoted it.

Oh and GWG, any malfunctions with the kludgebot are caused by the rng, so thats in the exact same boat as unlucky artillery shots.
That's like saying that if the manufacturer of a bunch of rifles isn't responsible for the gun jamming, you shouldn't be responsible for a crappily-made gun you made exploding. It's a matter of scale and probability.

I concur with this man. Danger close artillery and clusterfuck battles. A few temp-deaths and a few injuries. What's new? Why do we gotta' jump on the mutiny bandwagon every-time something goes wrong? This didn't happen in the old days, we just dealt with it.
If anyone not present for one of the first few missions complains about how it was in the old...
*checks wiki*
Never mind.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 08, 2014, 09:58:52 pm »

You seem to be ignoring the part where the RNG determines if and how badly a weapon malfunctions, the fact that the thundertron was in fact quite well made and the fact that it is the operators responsibility to make sure the weapon is in safe operating condition before use.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 08, 2014, 10:01:54 pm »

You don't get it. Your kludgebot required one bad roll to kill people--and given that both critfails and overshots are bad, anyone who needed it (ie anyone who wasn't senior enough to have a decomp) would have about a one-in-three chance of causing a catastrophe.

The artillery malfunctioning? That was a one-in-eighteen chance.
That's more than three-quarters of an order of magnitude of difference. You can't claim that they're functionally identical in risk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 08, 2014, 10:06:38 pm »

You don't get it. Your kludgebot required one bad roll to kill people--and given that both critfails and overshots are bad, anyone who needed it (ie anyone who wasn't senior enough to have a decomp) would have about a one-in-three chance of causing a catastrophe.

That's more than three-quarters of an order of magnitude of difference. You can't claim that they're functionally identical in risk.
On paper your statement makes sense.  In practice, well at least three bunkers got hit, and the Thundertron overloaded its weapon into the enemy.  So at the moment it would seem that the artillery is more dangerous than the Thundertron despite what probability says.  I will say that PW's post was confusing.  I think the southern forces mentioned in his post referred to the UWM forces.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 08, 2014, 10:19:50 pm »

So, I was going to just post about how arguing over this stuff is stupid, because it obviously isn't going to be changing anyone's opinions, but it very well might alienate someone.

But then I saw this:
Quote from: Unholy Pariah
And yeah im yet to actually threaten anyone over the artillery strikes, i merely put forth a battle plan for any lynch mobs to follow and insisted that Simus+Miyamoto are responsible for the failed artillery strikes.

Let me restate this...
"I have not actually threatened you in any way!  The only things I've done are assisting the dissidents screaming for your blood with their battle plans against you, and told them that you are responsible for their grievances!   But I haven't threatened you!"

Ahahhahahahahahahahahahaha! XD

Are you a politician?  I'm pretty sure I've heard nearly the exact same thing in real history, although it usually involves supplying rebels with weapons rather than plans.  Although, would you let them use the thundertron?  Saint might be interested in joining you if so...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 08, 2014, 10:34:33 pm »

Okay youve completely missed my point, again, but yeah lets just argue this point.

My thundertron cannot critfail because i specifically gave it to an aux user with a +1 bonus, overshots deal damage at their target with harmful side effects so it wont hurt any teammates unless they are standing either in front of the gun or next to the target. That makes the thundertron safer than the artillery in all regards unless a character like, lets say miyamoto or renen, decides to run into melee and becomes at risk.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 09, 2014, 12:20:34 am »

So, I was going to just post about how arguing over this stuff is stupid, because it obviously isn't going to be changing anyone's opinions, but it very well might alienate someone.

Fuck, my RL friends are either sleeping or getting funky. This is the best social outlet I got right now.

I love y'all.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 09, 2014, 01:19:23 am »

Fuck, my RL friends are either sleeping or getting funky. This is the best social outlet I got right now.

I love y'all.

I know dem feels, though I have a few birthdays and gathos coming up, which should be hilarious.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 09, 2014, 01:26:39 am »

Jeez, everyone seems to be getting riled up over a few threats. So what? If the character acts on them, just bitchslap them down with one of the higher level characters. Happens all the time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 2205